Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 10
New Today: 10
Stats
Total Posts: 76702
Total Topics: 22246
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1016
Total: 1025

Author Topic: SLO Interviews Issue 4  (Read 5867 times)

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

SLO Interviews Issue 4
« on: November 22, 2016, 23:02:48 »

WELCOME TO ISSUE 4 OF SLO INTERVIEWS Yo everyone. I've been busy with the big story i'm writing (don't have a name for it yet haha). But, here is the awaited SLO interviews issue 4. Dig in folks!

IN THIS ISSUE: I had a talk with mattaleks the developer, who spoke freely about topics like the dev team, how he joined it, and how he sees its future. I have anticipated this interview, and I’m glad to finally have been able to bring it to all of you. I also had a talk with Mars about how he became a prominent member of the community, if he thinks SLO could die out, and more! Lets goooooo

NEXT TIME: The development of the SLO interviews will be slowed down due to the big story project I’ve been working on, but they won’t fully stop. The pace will just slow down a bit…

I had a very interesting talk with mattaleks, a developer in SLO. He has textured and created the buildings we now see in game, and often shares sneak peaks of what he is up to in discord and the shout box. Here’s what he said:

DL: How did you become a developer in this game? Did you know about it before you became a dev?

M: Nope, I was looking for any type of work as a dev so i posted on unity forums and they contacted me.

DL: What do you think of the current work you are doing and it's workload? Do you hope to stick long enough to be able to get a full paid job?

M: I’m working on the village kit, the environment for the village & the new characters clothing/gear. I love the workload, the more the better. That was my original plan but unfortunately I’m going to start working soon. But i plan on finishing the village before I do so.

DL: How do you feel about the current dev team? Are you guys able to get things done efficiently? Is it fun o work with each other?

M: I hate this team, the community doesn't know this but I’ve left the team a few times due to lack of work from other devs. I wish the devs would talk less and work more. I also wish some devs would be less of a boss and more of a leader. But once in a blue moon we are able to get some work done as a team. But at the end of the day I think of them as family & i love working with them.

DL: Do you feel that you are: under qualified, perfectly qualified, or over qualified for the current job? Do you think Vreg needs to hire more devs, or are you guys fine as you are?

M: I think I’m perfectly qualified when it comes to texturing & environment, but under qualified when it comes to modeling.  Vreg needs to hire another coder or put a lot more work into this project or it will die. And an artist or two would help me, especially when I start work.

DL: Final Question: Seeing as this game has quite a community behind it, de you ever feel any pressure when you are working? Do you think that the fact that the community is so big and so hyped helps the dev team or has a negative effect? 

M: I would say i feel the total opposite. The community gives me the energy I need to work on SLO. Hype usually leads to disappointment. So yeah I guess you can say it has a negative effect. But without it, people don’t have anything to look forward too.

That concluded the interview with mattaleks, texture for the team of Shinobi Life Online, working hard to get us more buildings. Next time you see him around, congratulate him for his hard work!

Next, I interviewed Mars, absolute top poster of the community, and Kage of the Hidden Hill, character age 12. He talked about Roguhanta, what he has in mind for the Hidden Hill, and moar. This is quite a long interview, so settle down, and reaaad till you drop.

DL:   How do you think you became such a prominent member of the community? (You are the top poster, basically everyone knows u, you became Kage, ect…

Ma: I'm partly not sure myself. When I first joined the community I was one of the most hated players. (I was 13 years old and extremely annoying). I just stayed active and posting and eventually made a few friends. It was actually pretty hard as the people that hated me were the prominent members and mods. New members kept coming in who I befriended and eventually Leebz came. Leebz made a clan called Himitsu which I'm sure you know.
I was the second member to join Himitsu, the first being Shiv. As more members came, most of them joined Himitsu and I ended up with loads of friends. We ended up 'overthrowing' the popular and prominent members (sidenote: most of these members were in katakiuchi). These old members left and I was in the top 10 posters. I was still a postcountwhore till I got around 1000 posts. Once I got to that point I was the member with the second most amount of posts and the most active member with a high post count. Things just went uphill from there for me, I was friends with everyone, had a high postcount, co-led the most powerful org (Roguhanta). I also donated for Sennin (fun fact I only donated £80 but Vreg gave me the £100 rank as I supported the community a lot)
Eventually when July 2015 came around jcryer and I worked together and built me a gaming pc. I then played a shit tone and became the second best in game, behind limits. Nova joined and we trained together and essentially formed a three man trio and friendship group (myself, Nova and limits). We were the best players in game and all had good forum reputation.
Nova then created Yurei which is seen as an org for the popular kids to most people, and then got moderator. I wouldn't classify myself as the most prominent member though I do feel I have a pretty big role in the community. I guess this is all down to my friends being nice guys with important opinions and flashy ranks, having the highest postcount, having the highest reputation behind Vreg and being in good organizations.

DL: Next, how do you feel about the community? Do you feel since you have started, that the community has gotten more kind and, welcoming, or less?

Ma: When I joined in 2014 it was a very toxic community, it all became very friendly in 2015 and at the start of this year I feel the community was toxic again. Midway through this year (2016) there have been a lot of foreign members which we joke about but I think all round, this is the friendliest the community has ever been. We've gained a lot of really welcoming members.

DL: Next: if you compare the gameplay of NC, which you have played quite a bit, to that of SLO, what is better in NC? What's not as good?

Ma: Things SLO does better: Graphics - Modeling and texturing. Things NC does better: Gameplay, Taijutsu, Bukijutsu, Jutsu, Running, Recharging, and Combat. Honestly, as of now, NC is a much better game and it's receiving a graphics and general update soon with a load of new features.

DL: Next: do you have any goals in mind for the village you are Kage of? Alliances with other villages or clans and organizations, wars with other villages, etc…

Ma: I have already established an alliance with Reminance, Ken and DarthTyrael as we made an official agreement in our Kage summit server This means Hill, Thunder, Snow and Dust are allied and will be allied for a long time hopefully. Our nations will help each other out e.g. sharing resources or manpower if needed. I plan to set up a village elder system for my village at least where every big decision has to be approved by elders. Each Kage will be able to choose one elder to join the council. I plan for these elders to stay in this council even when the Kage they are elected by is no longer Kage. They will stay in this position till they are old (hence elder). I have elected Batt as my elder and I will choose 2 more who I will announce later. The reason I am choosing more than 1 is because I want a base council to start with as 1 advisor doesn't seem very much. I have already somewhat established this system with the current Kage and villages. I hope for the hill to be a powerful nation who does not search for war. Though, I also don't want us to be pushovers. If someone is doing wrong in the shinobi world, attacking us or giving us a hard time I hope we will not hesitate to engage.

DL: You are a senior member of, according to you, the most powerful organization in SLO.  Do you think there could e any conflict of interests between your organization, and the village you lead?

Ma: I don't think so. Roguhanta aims to hunt rogues and I'm sure that will do nothing except protect the village.

DL: Final question: Do you think SLO could ever die out?

Ma: Easily.I've seen the community almost die out before and I don't doubt it could happen to the game. The reason the game would die out would be if the team's workflow slowed down almost to a halt.
tl;dr yes it could if Vreg and Co.'s workflow slows down any more

And that… well you already know what it concluded. Anyways, hope you liked it this time around. Post any *healthy* debates you want to have in the comments, and suggestions as always! Hope you registered for my story!

Diamond Lee out

Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
Re: SLO Interviews Issue 4
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 23:10:53 »
aye... brutal honesty..
Me likes it
gj Lee
:)

Offline grayzag20

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • grayzag20 has no influence.
  • Unbound by limits of time and nature,,,
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 00:56:34 »
Wow Lee didn't expect this much work !!! Keep it up man

Very interesting me likes too :)
  • Character Name: Kurai Himitsu

Offline Kings_Head

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 02:42:27 »
holy shit this was a good read my favorite part was when mars said (I was 13 years old and extremely annoying) man everything but him has changed. <3 you mars you are bae and really great work Lee can't wait to read your story and the next issue!!
Nobleblood Leader for the Great Kirishima Clan
"Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?"

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 03:53:57 »
wow those guys who bullied mars must've been assholes

fug them

duck slap

• Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 06:18:04 »
my name is mars
i drop sick bars
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline taigakun

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 06:33:49 »
Ayye i think it is my favorite issue so far

GJ Lee

GJ Matt & Mars

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 07:41:34 »
It was an interesting read, well done.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 08:01:13 »
Was fun to be interviewed and read Matt's!

fug them

duck slap

yea what assholes, bet they were patriots too
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Manuster

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 14:12:03 »
Huh, had no idea Mattaleks was so frustrated...I do feel this needs to be addressed ^.^

+ so Mars is 15? not 12? im so confused
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 15:35:21 »

fug them

duck slap

they even made fun of me boohoo :(
made fun of me because i called myself the timer...
I CAN'T EVEN
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 16:24:46 »
Huh, had no idea Mattaleks was so frustrated...I do feel this needs to be addressed ^.^

my character is 12, i think young but strong and intelligent characters are extremely badass
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 07:04:59 »
Good read ^^
No planning for issue 5? :c

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Manuster

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 15:16:29 »

my character is 12, i think young but strong and intelligent characters are extremely badass

Well yes, obviously...but also highly unrealistic ;_; even by Naruto standards

Young prodigies are Kakashi and Itachi and neither were anywhere near Kage level xD
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline mamoudou52404

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mamoudou52404 has no influence.
  • "Can I get a 'hoyaaah'?"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: nah
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 15:28:24 »
This was an amazing read in my opinion @Diamond Lee great job