Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64470
Latest: Interfaceqfn
New This Month: 339
New This Week: 15
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76930
Total Topics: 22446
Most Online Today: 1639
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1136
Total: 1147
Marinazxs
Ivanivt
Google (9)

Author Topic: Something like the body flicker technique  (Read 20422 times)

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
Re: Something like the body flicker technique
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 23:47:04 »
Ah, then i agree, although it would have to take a large amount of chakra because it would be spamable or for example, i use a really strong projectile jutsu that takes 3/4 of my chakra and they the body flicker tech. to escape it while having alot of chakra left they could easily finish me off.
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 00:06:15 »
Ah, then i agree, although it would have to take a large amount of chakra because it would be spamable or for example, i use a really strong projectile jutsu that takes 3/4 of my chakra and they the body flicker tech. to escape it while having alot of chakra left they could easily finish me off.

1. Nobody would be as stupid to use a jutsu that depletes 3/4 chakra without knowing it's going to be a 100% sure hit.
2. The body flicker tech. should take some time to concetrate and aim , so it isn't 100% safe that someone would get away , maybe a 50% chance  (I'm not saying to randomize it ingame just guessing it's irl probability)
3. This would teach players that they can't defeat anyone just by having a strong af jutsu , but by using strategies.
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 00:14:56 »

1. Nobody would be as stupid to use a jutsu that depletes 3/4 chakra without knowing it's going to be a 100% sure hit.
2. The body flicker tech. should take some time to concetrate and aim , so it isn't 100% safe that someone would get away , maybe a 50% chance  (I'm not saying to randomize it ingame just guessing it's irl probability)
3. This would teach players that they can't defeat anyone just by having a strong af jutsu , but by using strategies.
gotta disagree with point 1 because it all depends on the situation you're in, for example, i'm getting chased by a jounin and im on half hp and he's slowly catching up to me and my only other option to beat him is to use my strongest jutsu which deplete's most of my chakra.

Offline Scrumpeh

• Academy Student Poster
  • Scrumpeh has no influence.
  • Spaghetti Aficionado
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 01:22:22 »
Everyone go on google maps. And search the street you live on or anywhere you want. Then drag the yellow man onto the map. Then try and move around by clicking forward. The body flicker jutsu should be like that
I agree with this.
  • Character Name: Rokuro Akagi

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 10:21:16 »

I agree with Limits here.

gotta disagree with point 1 because it all depends on the situation you're in, for example, i'm getting chased by a jounin and im on half hp and he's slowly catching up to me and my only other option to beat him is to use my strongest jutsu which deplete's most of my chakra.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 13:10:05 »

There are two other points that still stand and in the case limits created you could try to ambush him and use that jutsu then his last hope would be dodging not using body flicker tech. (he wouldn't use it because you most likely need  ~10 seconds to just concentrate).

But you be like: "Ummm , a jounin is chasing me so I'm gonna turn back and use my strongest jutsu on him , I don't care if it's a shadow clone"

And also I'm not saying it shouldn't deplete a lot of chakra but you guys are overdoing it.
If the starting chakra reserve of a player that just started playing is 100 then I think it should deplete 150 or 200 or 100 or smthg like that.

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 13:22:34 »

There are two other points that still stand and in the case limits created you could try to ambush him and use that jutsu then his last hope would be dodging not using body flicker tech. (he wouldn't use it because you most likely need  ~10 seconds to just concentrate).

But you be like: "Ummm , a jounin is chasing me so I'm gonna turn back and use my strongest jutsu on him , I don't care if it's a shadow clone"

And also I'm not saying it shouldn't deplete a lot of chakra but you guys are overdoing it.
If the starting chakra reserve of a player that just started playing is 100 then I think it should deplete 150 or 200 or 100 or smthg like that.
"i'm getting chased by a jounin and im on half hp and he's slowly catching up to me" reiterating "slowly catching up to me" you think you're going to have time to do to a little flip into a bush and sit there waiting for him to come strolling along while u aim it perfectly and fire? and a shadow clone lol cmon, i don't know why you want this to take a low amount of chakra so you get the fun of spamming it, and by 10 secs do you mean standing still or moving while its concentrating.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 13:56:08 by limits »

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 15:27:30 »

"i'm getting chased by a jounin and im on half hp and he's slowly catching up to me" reiterating "slowly catching up to me" you think you're going to have time to do to a little flip into a bush and sit there waiting for him to come strolling along while u aim it perfectly and fire? and a shadow clone lol cmon, i don't know why you want this to take a low amount of chakra so you get the fun of spamming it, and by 10 secs do you mean standing still or moving while its concentrating.

It really has no place in a game like SLO with small chakra usage. It just wouldn't make sense if it was that easy to do.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 16:13:44 »

By ~10 seconds (it should be a bit lower thou) I mean standing still and also you have to do the seals first which also takes time (I changed my mind it shouldn't be a single seal jutsu)

I guess it would take ~15 seconds for a player who's skilled with doing seals and if 15 seconds aren't enough for you to use your attack , go back training.

"And also I'm not saying it shouldn't deplete a lot of chakra but you guys are overdoing it."

There are quite some ways to make this less OP but you guys just go : "It should deplete a lot of chakra".

With all the above being said the only uses for this jutsu remain : causing confusion , suprising enemies , dodging slow attacks , transportation , (something I missed) and looking cool.

Note : If 15 seconds don't seem enough to you start a stopwatch and see how much it is.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 16:19:26 by granit »

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 16:44:52 »
Ok so let me get this straight, correct me if i'm wrong tho

After we do the seals( honestly i think it should just be 1) standing still, we can then start moving again while this skill is concentrating for roughly 10-15 secs after that we can use it anytime we want then after we have, we just have to repeat it to do it again?

Offline tomurn

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 17:47:13 »
When you think about in the Naruto universe, substitution jutsu and throwing smoke down to use a form of body flicker are pretty basic jutsu....like genin used it regularly, i mean cloning was a test to become a genin. it shouldn't be easy to do but it shouldnt be for the top tier also..imo, and i think it should weaken your stats for a duration or something like that , and obviously higher more OP jutsu can be learned and then it will take a higher skill, but the whole waiting for 10 seconds is kind of strange to me personally. It is a common technique that can be specialized like Shisui or the Raikages...thats what I think anyway
  • Character Name: Yundama Himitsu

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 19:08:57 »
No Limits you do the seals and then aim while waiting for 5-10 secs and you go to the place you aimed at.
And yes you have to do the seal/s again and aim to transport.

And Tomurn , either we have one seal and wait 10 sec or we have more seals and we wait less (5 - 7 sec).

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 19:21:26 »
No Limits you do the seals and then aim while waiting for 5-10 secs and you go to the place you aimed at.

And Tomurn , either we have one seal and wait 10 sec or we have more seals and we wait less (5 - 7 sec).
Standing still for 5-10 secs is a bit risky don't you think, also how far would u reckon the max distance is because if it's short then i feel that tech. has more cons than pro's

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 22:16:44 »
The max distance varies from your chakra and if you try to go somewhere which is farther than you can go , then you go as far as your chakra allows you. (most of your chakra will be depleted (not all because maybe there's gonna be smthg like en emergency reserve))

Soo do you know why I was saying it shouldn't deplete that much chakra now?

Offline tomurn

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 22:34:44 »

Its supposed to be a quick get away...why not just slap a mean cooldown time on it? like 2 min cooldown....then if you specialize you can get perks and abilities to make it like every 30 seconds it pops....standing like an idiot for 10 seconds is going to get you killed, and to many signs would make it hard to complete.....one hand sign, immediate use, and then a long cooldown is what i think is fair....and you cant jump around the map...i mean like 30 40 yards at a time but far enough to get to cover.
  • Character Name: Yundama Himitsu

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent