Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64333
Latest: Monalddounc
New This Month: 202
New This Week: 38
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 75404
Total Topics: 21376
Most Online Today: 928
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 746
Total: 758
EdithSoure
Google (AdSense)
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 521253 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: General discussion
« Reply #1560 on: March 03, 2017, 17:26:21 »
It's called general discussion. Let people discuss general things, eg manu being a savage, leebz's signature. Get off your high horses, forums are a place to discuss thoughts and have a laugh, not all posts need to be formatted perfectly with a complete paragraph.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #1561 on: March 03, 2017, 18:08:12 »
It's called general discussion. Let people discuss general things, eg manu being a savage, leebz's signature. Get off your high horses, forums are a place to discuss thoughts and have a laugh, not all posts need to be formatted perfectly with a complete paragraph.
Those things I could care less about, but the unnecessary posts, the ones that contribute absolute jackshit, need not be defended.

Everyone's whole gray areas are colliding making this whole big argument about literally nothing. I think something that is literally of no value, for eg. :

straight up savage press f take no prisoners no fucks given shut down tbh

These kinds of posts don't deserve to be defended under the pretense of "GENERAL discussion" especially when the whole intention behind the thread's creation was to avoid off-topic posting in other threads.

As I said, casual talk about someone's signature etc. is okay (imo) as long as the intention was literally to discuss the signature. (Even that can get annoying if done really constantly though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.)

Again, only my 4 cents, I understand my view is not obvious to everyone, thus perhaps instead of JUST throwing shit at each other, try to help the ones moderating and dealing with the posts make the final decision?

Nova's not super strict with shitposts due to it not being really necessary, but I think it's getting important to make a generally accepted definition of the basic standard of quality expected of forum posts, because if it's left up to the Mod's discretion then everyone starts getting butthurt because of some stupid reason.

What do you think of "Any post that is not furthering the discussion it was based on, for example, 'Lmfao great laugh HAHA'" @Mars ?

Might hold a poll with several definitions of shitpost tbh, wanna see what everyone thinks.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Manuster

« Reply #1562 on: March 03, 2017, 18:34:10 »

Also... This post https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=3120 makes me wonder.
Will any of the character stories here ever be considered "Canon"?
And will we have to modify ours in the future to fit in with the game's chosen story?

IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS, its genuinely a matter of great stress to me

However with so much left undecided, I'm just going to go with the idea that my story is on. I've put way too much time and effort into the histroy and origins of chakra to change it (however this is only cause my story before lore is decided)

if and when lore is decided, it makes sense that people will mould their characters around it

For example, no one comes from Konoho or the hidden cloud

the little information we have on the slo world is already being implemented into character stories (villages), it makes sense that it'll be the case when theres alot of information

Again, only my 4 cents, I understand my view is not obvious to everyone, thus perhaps instead of JUST throwing shit at each other, try to help the ones moderating and dealing with the posts make the final decision?

Nova's not super strict with shitposts due to it not being really necessary, but I think it's getting important to make a generally accepted definition of the basic standard of quality expected of forum posts, because if it's left up to the Mod's discretion then everyone starts getting butthurt because of some stupid reason.

What do you think of "Any post that is not furthering the discussion it was based on, for example, 'Lmfao great laugh HAHA'" @Mars ?

Might hold a poll with several definitions of shitpost tbh, wanna see what everyone thinks.

and ffs this is perfect

the 2 examples you gave:

some people see it as shitposts

some do not see it as shitposts.

The End.
Kapiche.
Calm down.

That's all it comes down to.
No one's retarded, no one was dropped on the head.
People just have differing views on what is acceptable quality and not.

I would go on.

But Shivraj explained it perfectly.

Great fucking post

jeez it took a 15? year old to explain hours of arguing perfectly

rip slo

seriously tho, +rep
If I could only ever +rep one post, that'd probably be it
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 18:39:28 by Manuster »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #1563 on: March 04, 2017, 00:38:58 »
Can't wait for this trend of hating shitposts to pass. This forum gets these little subjects every now and then but this one is just sad tbh. Shitposts are annoying (To me, shitposts are those who question what has already been answered. However, others have different views of a "shitpost") but they will never go. In fact, shitposts of every type have been on this forum for a very long time and only has it bothered people lately because the "Top posters" thing has become a huge trend for whatever reason. Maybe because they feel they'd get respect or seem mighty by being on it. I mean, if there is a leaderboard, of any kind, people are going to want to be top; That's just a fact.

I have a proposal for this however: If everyone is THAT sick of postcount whores trying to climb the meaningless ladder of "Top Poster" how about we try get rid of it?
"Oh my golly, Leebz. You can't suggest such a thing. We worked so hard towards it." then aren't you just as bad as shitposters? Technically, your anger could just be considered jealousy if that's how you are going to feel about it being demolished. Me? I couldn't care less for the thing and have always found it useless/meaningless and wouldn't mind it going if it meant shitposting would become less frequent.

TL;DR Let's get rid of the top poster section to make shitposting less frequent for those who really are tired of seeing it OR stop being salty, whiny little bitches and patiently wait, post, play and make friends on the forums until the full game is done.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #1564 on: March 04, 2017, 01:00:30 »
Can't wait for this trend of hating shitposts to pass. This forum gets these little subjects every now and then but this one is just sad tbh. Shitposts are annoying (To me, shitposts are those who question what has already been answered. However, others have different views of a "shitpost") but they will never go. In fact, shitposts of every type have been on this forum for a very long time and only has it bothered people lately because the "Top posters" thing has become a huge trend for whatever reason. Maybe because they feel they'd get respect or seem mighty by being on it. I mean, if there is a leaderboard, of any kind, people are going to want to be top; That's just a fact.

I have a proposal for this however: If everyone is THAT sick of postcount whores trying to climb the meaningless ladder of "Top Poster" how about we try get rid of it?
"Oh my golly, Leebz. You can't suggest such a thing. We worked so hard towards it." then aren't you just as bad as shitposters? Technically, your anger could just be considered jealousy if that's how you are going to feel about it being demolished. Me? I couldn't care less for the thing and have always found it useless/meaningless and wouldn't mind it going if it meant shitposting would become less frequent.

TL;DR Let's get rid of the top poster section to make shitposting less frequent for those who really are tired of seeing it OR stop being salty, whiny little bitches and patiently wait, post, play and make friends on the forums until the full game is done.
Amen. Don't care if this is called a shitpost, all i gotta say is fking AMEN.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #1565 on: March 04, 2017, 10:02:09 »
Okay. Let's talk about something.

A while ago, I started writing a story- The Four Quarters.

I wrote 3 chapters, got writer's block, kind of lost my drive,
then started writing another thing: The Agni clan's history.
I didn't really do much for a while after that. Now I'm working on another story.
So I was rooting around my computer and found my first 3 chapters of The Four Quarters,
and realized I could use some of the characters I created instead of merely letting them
be forgotten plot devices. Like the 3 criminals Kuria defeats in a flashback.
Somebody's killing people in the Hidden Hill, and there's implications that
two gangs Kuria has made a truce with are being manipulated.
I could write it so those 3 criminals have a hand in it.

td;dr
Had writer's block, left for a while, came back without writer's block.

Also... This post https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=3120 makes me wonder.
Will any of the character stories here ever be considered "Canon"?
And will we have to modify ours in the future to fit in with the game's chosen story?

Tbh I don't think anyone character story should be considered "canon" in relation to the slo lore unless it makes an impact in the whole SLO world in game or whatever.

It'll most likely be your choice if u want it to be canon or whatever in your rp sessions in game.
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #1566 on: March 04, 2017, 14:55:38 »
Can't wait for this trend of hating shitposts to pass. This forum gets these little subjects every now and then but this one is just sad tbh. Shitposts are annoying (To me, shitposts are those who question what has already been answered. However, others have different views of a "shitpost") but they will never go.

agree
(idc if some idiot calls this a shitpost, the forum is for expressing your opinion and my opinion is that i agree with this. to call short posts that express opinion shitposts is retarded)
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #1567 on: March 04, 2017, 18:06:31 »
What are shitposts?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12460801

curious what the major vote will be.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 05, 2017, 02:05:38 »
What are shitposts?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12460801

curious what the major vote will be.

i'mma eat yo ass boi

i'mma eat all y'all's asses
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline DinkersMcgooch

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • DinkersMcgooch has no influence.
  • Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 05, 2017, 06:23:36 »
please do.
  • Character Name: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So many long signatures.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #1570 on: March 05, 2017, 10:48:16 »
please do.

xD

That's a shit post in my opinion^

Shitpost is not an off-topic post, but something that is absolutely unnecessary. Something that, if you do not read it, everything remains the same. And if you read it, it doesn't offer you a piece of information, nor does it amuse you, nor does change everything in your mood, mind, thoughts etc. It's something that doesn't deliver any kind of message to the reader.

(Please don't tell me that those kinds of posts lighten up the mood of the forum and brings activity to it...)

From my point of view -even if some people might get upset- the one that does that thing^^ has a moment of stupidity while writing and posting it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:11:38 by Nova »

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #1571 on: March 11, 2017, 10:16:05 »
To all the people who shitposted "pro", next time expect to get some warning points for it.
More-so looking at the people who participated on the troll, rather than the original comment from someone who didn't know better.

Will avoid sharing names, the people I talked about will know it's about them anyways.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #1572 on: March 11, 2017, 17:44:00 »

You can take your time with those 3 characters.
@Manuster can wait for another years, he's cool ;D
Yep hahah he can wait a year or two

you mother fuckers.... xDD

I would beg of anyone to take a minute of their time to appreciate this lovely piece of poetry by none other than our forum poet;

Sanji.

i was the one who didn't want you to get banned you asswipe, shoulda voted yes lol
i was jk lol im a troller now and in the end you were like "Yeah lets ban him, Yah"
LOL, wrong limits said no to ban u he was a good guy with you, u should not do that bro, i think limits love you but now i dont know anymore.
shut up sanji. me and limits are friends. and i couldnt give two shits as to anything you say
wtf asshole u say shout up to me?
you fuck and i am the one who was trying to be nice with you, your shity fuck dick fucking fucked up dude who get fucked from everyone u shit.
try to say something else and i will smash your fucking face.

edit: if what you said was a joke then mine is a joke as well

Ahh.

Who said romance was dead?

pro.

Banned @Manuster
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 19:25:16 by Nova »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #1573 on: March 11, 2017, 22:27:23 »
i think u want some romance manu,right? (;
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline taigakun

« Reply #1574 on: March 12, 2017, 07:58:14 »

Recent Topics