Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64448
Latest: RonaldAmire
New This Month: 317
New This Week: 78
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 76531
Total Topics: 22109
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1166
Total: 1181

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 531687 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: General disscusion
« Reply #915 on: July 20, 2016, 12:00:44 »
Actually, I made the instagram page way back but Vreg took control of it.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 20, 2016, 12:22:09 »
Actually, I made the instagram page way back but Vreg took control of it.

In that case people with Insta get your ass online and follow it :) Its validity got confirmed
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 20, 2016, 19:37:31 »
embers would likely fuck up any 5 randomly picked Roguhanta members.
But all of Roguhanta would fuck up all of Yurei.

Pretty sure Yurei discussed this.

As it goes, the best Roguhanta members are part of Yurei.

60 Roguhanta members
- 4 that are in Yurei so 56

Most Yurei members can defeat at least 5 mediocre players before dying.
Some of us could defeat 10+.
Ken and Remi could probably defeat 20 mediocre/rookie players before dying if they tried their best

But just imagine all 8 Yurei members defeat 5 roguhanta members and Ken and Remi defeat 8.

That's Roguhanta defeated.

Therefore, Yurei could defeat Roguhanta.

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #918 on: July 20, 2016, 20:55:10 »
In my brutally honest opinion, Yurei is quite narcissistic in the fact that they feel the need to advertise themselves as the "best" shinobi on the forum. It's more of a popularity group. I'm no good in game (and never have been) as I can barely run the game at 30FPS and haven't played in almost a year. Even with that being common knowledge, I was invited the second I came back to the forum, because my name used to mean something.

@America Just to get this out of the way, Yürei doesn't aim to be or have the best players, we're recruiting people we can rely on and trust.
Being good at the game is just a nice add-on and will allow us to do certain objectives better.
You could be good at the game, but if you're unreliable you won't ever get scouted or thought about.
Aye, we may be narcissistic to call ourselves good at the game in it's current state as the current skill won't mean that much in the full release.
However, if we keep on playing the game with all the releases (getting experience) we could get to know the mechanics quite well allowing us to not be complete garbage when the game does get released.

As of now, there is really no great determiner of skill. It really comes down to your ping and how well you can time a click. I would not take them so seriously as an organization that will accomplish anything in game, and that goes for all organizations that have their own "top elite shinobi council/group/squad/etc".

We don't aim to accomplish anything possible, Yürei is just a name that unifies a certain group when time calls.
If you had read the page you would've seen that.
Goal: No specific goal set, It's just a bunch of Shinobis banded together under the same name that can do whatever they want.
However if they get called they will come together and finish said task as a group.
It's not a main organisation, whatever people do in their spare time (most of the time) is all up to them.
However when it is decided to group up, everyone is expected to do so to finish a certain task (whether we'll actually be able to pull it off is something that'll have to be seen when the time comes.)

I've learned to take them all with a grain of salt, and you probably should too

Best advice so far, I took this with a grain of salt but did feel the need to answer to hopefully clear any misunderstandings.

Spoiler: show

------Only aimed towards America.-------
The reason as to why we scouted someone like you, you're smart (as far as we know).
Your diplomatic / analytical skills could provide very useful, quite some members seemed to trust you hence we thought you were fit for the spot.

We don't quite care about the names of our members, we simply recruit people that we deem trustworthy & fit for the spot.
If we don't know someone, it'll be hard for us to judge them worthy.
All of the current members know each other and we know what to expect, we know we can trust each other.
It may just look like some "popularity" group, however it most certainly does not strive to be one, it's hard to find promising members because we know if we recruit the wrong person we're basically screwing over the entire organisation as they'll be in the organisation up until they die.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 21:00:03 by Nova »

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 20, 2016, 21:10:32 »
Just to add on to what Nova said, as it stands Yurei is regarded as an organisation made up of the best players.
Though we have never advertised ourselves as that.

As of now, there is really no great determiner of skill. It really comes down to your ping and how well you can time a click.
The game determines skill. Regardless of how simple the game is, skill is still skill.

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 20, 2016, 22:21:50 »
We don't aim to accomplish anything possible, Yürei is just a name that unifies a certain group when time calls.
If you had read the page you would've seen that.
Goal: No specific goal set, It's just a bunch of Shinobis banded together under the same name that can do whatever they want.
However if they get called they will come together and finish said task as a group.
It's not a main organisation, whatever people do in their spare time (most of the time) is all up to them.
However when it is decided to group up, everyone is expected to do so to finish a certain task (whether we'll actually be able to pull it off is something that'll have to be seen when the time comes.)

I don't really see it accomplishing anything, being an organization filled with rogues and rogue hunters.

The narcissism part comes the fact that it is believed a group of ten ninja could accomplish their goals against, well, really anything. Being on the forum this early doesn't give you special powers, and in game there will always be people that are as determined, if not more, than you. I just don't see the concept of
organizations that have their own "top elite shinobi council/group/squad/etc".
working at all.

I know it's very lame, but throwing a sizable group of decent shinobi at a target will probably be better than a few "elite."

Just to add on to what Nova said, as it stands Yurei is regarded as an organisation made up of the best players.
Though we have never advertised ourselves as that.

When I say skilled players, I mean the above "elite shinobi" theory,

Regardless of how simple the game is, skill is still skill.

This creates a VERY little gap between new, inexperienced players and hardened veterans. If the only thing you have to learn (as of now) is click timing, you will become a good player in much shorter time than it would take in the full MMO. However, I am happy to concede the point that skill is still skill, but in praesenti, the skill range is from 0 to 1.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 23:04:50 by America »
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Charlie

« Reply #921 on: July 20, 2016, 22:47:53 »

Skill is not universal. Just because someone is good at the current version doesn't mean they will be good at the final release. This is just a shell of a game and saying that you will be good later because you are good now is misleading to say the least when 99% of the content and mechanics are still unknown/subject to change.
  • Character Name: BDU Kirishima

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 20, 2016, 23:03:19 »
Skill is not universal. Just because someone is good at the current version doesn't mean they will be good at the final release. This is just a shell of a game and saying that you will be good later because you are good now is misleading to say the least when 99% of the content and mechanics are still unknown/subject to change.

I never said that being good now translates to being good later

Being on the forum this early doesn't give you special powers, and in game there will always be people that are as determined, if not more, than you.

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #923 on: July 20, 2016, 23:41:29 »
[
If you had to pick one to betray and one to be loyal to, which would u pick? Your clan or Your org?

Anytime betray the clan. I said it many times and I think it's known already by anybody who needed to know that my character (RP wise) won't know anything about the Kirishima clan and will most probably won't find out about it's existence very soon.

So you'd betray the clan which you're the leader of? I find that hard to swallow.

@Tsunayoshi Should probably do some more research before making false claims.
Konohuro isn't the leader of the Kirishima clan, nor is he someone special in it.
First reply on the Kirishima thread.

But yeah that's just a suggestion.  ;D

Offline Charlie

« Reply #924 on: July 20, 2016, 23:43:31 »

Being on the forum this early doesn't give you special powers, and in game there will always be people that are as determined, if not more, than you.

Yeah we are making similar points

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #925 on: July 20, 2016, 23:45:25 »
So you'd betray the clan which you're the leader of? I find that hard to swallow.

@Tsunayoshi Should probably do some more research before making false claims.
Konohuro isn't the leader of the Kirishima clan, nor is he someone special in it.
First reply on the Kirishima thread.

But yeah that's just a suggestion.  ;D
Aye, sorry 'bout that. I did take a read through the post which had everything written there, but still, I doubt he'd actually betray his clan. I see a lot of effort put into it, and he has advertised it a lot, but if he would just betray just like that, well then so be it.

Oh and, @Nova I weren't making a claim, I just said that I couldn't believe it.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 20, 2016, 23:47:00 »

Yeah we are making similar points

Who were you talking to then? lol

Offline Charlie

« Reply #927 on: July 20, 2016, 23:49:34 »
mostly mars... Fuck that guy

I'm just really shit at posting and stuff

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 20, 2016, 23:51:03 »

I see.

a bit aggressive, but I see

Offline Ken

• Hidden Snow Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ken has no influence.
  • HA!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:

« Reply #929 on: July 20, 2016, 23:51:24 »

Fam who the fuck are you ? When did you join ? 1 second ago ?

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent
Konohuro