Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64438
Latest: DonaldMaw
New This Month: 307
New This Week: 68
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 76444
Total Topics: 22063
Most Online Today: 2010
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1392
Total: 1404
EdithSoure
titlesuitsai
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: Wat will happen in your team when u a genin if one of the members are inactive  (Read 5260 times)

Offline Chakra

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Chakra has no influence.
  • i was born original and wont die a copy
    • View Profile

• Character Name: Tasko

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Could you be more specific with your question?
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Ken

• Hidden Snow Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ken has no influence.
  • HA!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:

Could you be more specific with your question?
I think he's asking what will happen with a team (genin) If a genin ( player ) goes inactive? Right ?

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
I dont think genin teams work the same way in SLO as the do in the anime
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Doylo Bushida has no influence.
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hachimitsu
  • Organization: Kuroiakuma
I thought it could be just about 2 genins and jounin than, like naruto and sakura after sasuke leave...the best option will be more types of missions, there will be team missions and single missions...team missions like in COOP games where you can enter just in party of people (of your 4 members team) and if some of them wont be online you can do single missions :P or if it wont be so difficult than there can be a BOT ninja which can supply offline ninja or ninja traitor :D
  • Character Name: Jeikobu Hachimitsu
ill do everything for SLO!

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
You have to remember that--after Sasuke left--Naruto and Sakura didn't really 'regroup' until Shippuden, and even then they got Sai, so the team was 'technically' reformed. Perhaps if one member of a team goes inactive after a certain period of time--let's say two weeks--then the remaining members of said team go into a pool from which they can be picked and assigned to solo missions. After a team member has been gone for a LONG time--2 months--I'd say it'd be fair to give the team leader--or the Kage, if the leader isn't around--one of two options:

1. Refill the position with a previously solo-nin of suitable rank.

2. Disband the team and fold its active members into new teams.

I'd expect the same system could be used in the dying as well.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline fr33styl430

• Academy Student Poster
  • fr33styl430 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
I think the best way to do it is just to party up with anyone from the village instead of having to wait for your specific team. For example If you are the only one online just head to the place where they issue out missions and see if there are other genin/ jounin there that you can party up with that way you have a random full team.
  • Character Name: Craor

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
I think the best way to do it is just to party up with anyone from the village instead of having to wait for your specific team. For example If you are the only one online just head to the place where they issue out missions and see if there are other genin/ jounin there that you can party up with that way you have a random full team.

How are you gonna let your first post be on a tread from March...

Welcome anyway dawg
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline StriderOtaku

How are you gonna let your first post be on a tread from March...

Welcome anyway dawg
lol
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu

After reviewing this thread, yeah, I can see the upside to a system like this -- it's pretty much just instance-matching in a more 'permanent' sense of the word.

However, in fitting with the atmosphere of the game --in that most of the work is done via the players' decisions-- I personally believe it would be far *more* interesting to see a system in which...well, here, let me outline it:

~Players enter into the game.

~Players begin to train, eventually reaching a certain Rank required before any player may volunteer for the position of a Squad Leader; It is to be assumed that by this point, the shinobi applying for a position as a Squad Leader will have the necessary experience/skill required for them to protect and lead their squad...if they're deemed capable of leading one (I.E: You'll be fine so long as you aren't a complete imbecile/rooster-for-a-head).

~Players that *are* accepted as Squad Leaders are displayed with their Shinobi Card (Mind you, this would also be the same card used to identify a Shinobi in their potential qualifications for certain mission types, or even as a sort of rough outline for what they were last like before they left the village -- provided they became a Rogue Shinobi, of course) in a roster of potential Squad Leaders -- new players may now (upon entering the game) choose to be mentored by such Squad Leaders until they themselves reach a certain Rank.

....Et cetera, and the circle of life goes on.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline StriderOtaku

After reviewing this thread, yeah, I can see the upside to a system like this -- it's pretty much just instance-matching in a more 'permanent' sense of the word.

However, in fitting with the atmosphere of the game --in that most of the work is done via the players' decisions-- I personally believe it would be far *more* interesting to see a system in which...well, here, let me outline it:

~Players enter into the game.

~Players begin to train, eventually reaching a certain Rank required before any player may volunteer for the position of a Squad Leader; It is to be assumed that by this point, the shinobi applying for a position as a Squad Leader will have the necessary experience/skill required for them to protect and lead their squad...if they're deemed capable of leading one (I.E: You'll be fine so long as you aren't a complete imbecile/rooster-for-a-head).

~Players that *are* accepted as Squad Leaders are displayed with their Shinobi Card (Mind you, this would also be the same card used to identify a Shinobi in their potential qualifications for certain mission types, or even as a sort of rough outline for what they were last like before they left the village -- provided they became a Rogue Shinobi, of course) in a roster of potential Squad Leaders -- new players may now (upon entering the game) choose to be mentored by such Squad Leaders until they themselves reach a certain Rank.

....Et cetera, and the circle of life goes on.
while this is nice, it doesn't solve the problem of inactivity which is the main reason for this thread
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

We don't have to do ninja teams/squads exactly how naruto did it. And easier approach would be every jonin has the ability to make a gennin their student. (max limit can be 3) and the jonin has the ability to kick or leave the student at any time for any reason. So a gennin that doesn't play often will most likely have multiple jonin teachers. We can also have ninja missions that require a ninja squad to balance out all the lone gennins that dont want to be in team
  • Character Name: Matt