Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 20
Stats
Total Posts: 73920
Total Topics: 20768
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 876
Total: 886
Michailvdx
Google (9)

Poll

Should the system include people dynamically losing experience in certain skills or nah?

Yes
7 (70%)
No
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: September 08, 2015, 15:36:46

Author Topic: Sukiru (Skill) - A Redefinition of the Skill Experience in MMO's  (Read 11990 times)

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mordredeon has no influence.
  • Your friendly village writer
    • View Profile
The life of a shinobi should be an experience able to be enjoyed by everyone in a way that lets players truly realize their characters. Not only should they be able to mold your character's physical aspects like clay, you should be able to do so much more. You as a player should be able to do whatever you want to do, beginning with a base set of skills and slowly expanding and evolving them in an intricate event that can only be called art. This is what will allow you to start out as an academy genin and one day become one of the most powerful of all of the Shinobi. This is the system that has helped define not only SLO as a unique MMOARPG, but also redefine the experience you will have when you develop your skills.

With over three hundred different skills, dozens of developments of them, and on top of that the fact these skills actually play a part in how you play the game our character is able to be anything they want to be, even if they aren't exactly a shinobi and are just a civilian. It's so realistic that if your character is the intuitive type you can even learn a skill with minimum instruction, or even without a teacher! You should know what to do, how to live life, how to cook, how to swim, and be able to improve these skills dynamically based on how you use them and even lose experience in them if you don't use them often. This dynamic interaction between player and game improves the realism of SLO compared to other games drastically. Meanwhile, the depth of the skills and the level of training you can partake in with them means that you never run out of things to do.

Note: I am open to actively partaking in the development of this system by providing a dozen new skills every day, and ways to develop them. Any questions can be sent to my PM box and I will provide an answer promptly, but please make sure the question is specific and not just a "What skills are there?" because I wouldn't even try to type up the answer that would require >_>

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of skills and they may seem overwhelming but in reality learning them is not only smooth it's fun. When I wanted to redefine how skills were undertaken I meant it, you actually get to do things in the game such as mini-games and as variety of other things to learn your new skill. For example you can fish to learn fishing, using your mouse to swing the rod and the middle mouse button to control the like to reel in your fish. This allows us to ensure that, unlike other MMO-type games, our game lets you constantly have fun. By avoiding many day-long learning sessions of simply watching a timer get by and your focus drifting from the game to something else with the fact that by the time you realize the timer is over you could already have learned something else we have avoided ruining our game and provided a dynamic experience.

What this does is let Shinobi Life Online, also known as SLO, to fulfill its promise to the Naruto community and provide what it has said it would from the start. SLO will provide the community with the ability to truly live life in the Naruto world. We will redefine MMO's and act as a beacon of light for the anime community around the world, through not only our supreme graphics but our ingenious features as well. SLO will deliver to the community what they have been long awaiting, what they have been awaiting for to long, delivered to them will be the life of a Shinobi, delivered to them will be Naruto digitized, delivered to them will be a haven where they can get away and play in the world they best identify with, the world that is their paradise.

Welcome to Shinobi Life Online.

You guys really know how to let me enjoy my polls, soon polls for my other suggestions will be up but I want to improve upon this as much as I can first. That being said, thank you Isis and @Leebz for your opinions, and @Isis I'm going to take that as a yes.

I voted yes. It makes sense. When you don't practice something, you lose skill in it. Though I don't believe that the skill experience should start to decay until a skill isn't used AT ALL in say, two weeks. If you use it once before the 14 day period is up, I think that the time before decay should be reset again.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 19:56:26 by mordredeon »

Offline taigakun

Re: Sukiru (Skill) - A Redefinition of the Skill Experience in MMO's
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 20:03:53 »
probs to you man, that was beautiful ;)

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 20:19:46 »
Thank you, but I haven't even actually hammered out all the details. This is more of a summary than a final product, the final product will be longer, but the summary can be used for the Wikia introduction post in the topic when we get there.

Offline bloberfish

• Water Release Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • bloberfish has no influence.
  • Family is sacred, never give them up!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 20:35:03 »
well done, as taigakun said, it was very beautiful, but why is this in the suggestions category???

• Character Name: Arashi

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 20:54:18 »
Oh my god... That was amazing :O

But you should definitely have a bit at the beginning of the post saying that it is a possible Wikia entry for the future... And maybe slo discussion, or general discussion would be better...

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 21:46:13 »
This guy joined yesterday and has already contributed more than me lmao.

On a real note, that post was amazing. Your idea for fishing was really unique and no matter what anyone says I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done before. This should be put as an introduction or dumbed down onto a trailer some time.

• Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 12:38:13 »
i cried
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 22:42:17 »
As did I :)

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 21:55:47 »
well done, as taigakun said, it was very beautiful, but why is this in the suggestions category???

Because I am suggesting this as part of the feature set for the game.

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 22:13:52 »
So, I wanted to hold a vote. The statistics will be held in this post.

Should the system include people dynamically losing experience in certain skills or nah? I need to know, so please say yes or no when quoting this post!

Yes: 2

No: 1
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:24:20 by mordredeon »

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 22:15:42 »
By that do you mean if you don't train a skill for a long time you will get worse at it? If so, yes.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 22:35:22 »
By that do you mean if you don't train a skill for a long time you will get worse at it? If so, yes.

Yes, I do. As this is a simulation I thought it would be best to have this as part of the system so that it is much more realistic. That being said, if anyone has ANY questions before they give an answer feel free to ask them here or send me a PM to get the details on what you need to know.

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 00:59:42 »
So, I wanted to hold a vote. The statistics will be held in this post.

Should the system include people dynamically losing experience in certain skills or nah? I need to know, so please say yes or no when quoting this post!

Yes: 1

No: 0
No.
If I decide to quit for a year and leave my character, I don't want to return to find I'm at Genin level when I left it at Jonin
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline cruzhugo

• Academy Student Poster
  • cruzhugo has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 01:36:30 »
nice bro :D i agree that way there will be no one with the same traits.
  • Character Name: chazzy

Offline Isis

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 02:10:35 »
No.
If I decide to quit for a year and leave my character, I don't want to return to find I'm at Genin level when I left it at Jonin

It is only realistic.

Besides, if you stop playing the game, you yourself will get worse at it little by little. The whole point of having a leveling system that doesn't specifically show the number of your levels is for your character alone to be an accurate demonstration of your in-game skill itself. With that being said, as you the player stop playing and become worse, your in-game character should also become worse.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:33:58 by Isis »
  • Character Name: Isis