Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 30351
Latest: Yoset
New This Month: 795
New This Week: 119
New Today: 25
Stats
Total Posts: 51420
Total Topics: 2889
Most Online Today: 267
Most Online Ever: 440
(June 02, 2016, 00:34:37)
Users Online
Members: 14
Guests: 196
Total: 246

Poll

Should the system include people dynamically losing experience in certain skills or nah?

Yes
7 (70%)
No
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: September 08, 2015, 15:36:46

Author Topic: Sukiru (Skill) - A Redefinition of the Skill Experience in MMO's  (Read 2152 times)

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mordredeon has no influence.
  • Your friendly village writer
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Tosogare
Re: Sukiru (Skill) - A Redefinition of the Skill Experience in MMO's
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 04:25:40 »
You guys really know how to let me enjoy my polls, soon polls for my other suggestions will be up but I want to improve upon this as much as I can first. That being said, thank you Isis and @Leebz for your opinions, and @Isis I'm going to take that as a yes.
  • Character Name: Keres

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 16:34:39 »
You guys really know how to let me enjoy my polls, soon polls for my other suggestions will be up but I want to improve upon this as much as I can first. That being said, thank you Isis and @Leebz for your opinions, and @Isis I'm going to take that as a yes.

I voted yes. It makes sense. When you don't practice something, you lose skill in it. Though I don't believe that the skill experience should start to decay until a skill isn't used AT ALL in say, two weeks. If you use it once before the 14 day period is up, I think that the time before decay should be reset again.
  • Character Name: Kayleb

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 19:55:58 »

I voted yes. It makes sense. When you don't practice something, you lose skill in it. Though I don't believe that the skill experience should start to decay until a skill isn't used AT ALL in say, two weeks. If you use it once before the 14 day period is up, I think that the time before decay should be reset again.

Yes, I hope that will be implemented. This is being added to the main post!

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 19:58:06 »
Yes. On certain skills.

But I also think that you should learn them back fast. Like in a week of practice you would be like before, this considering that it took you like 2 months to reach your apogee.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 20:00:57 by Konohuro »

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 20:06:31 »
Yes. On certain skills.

But I also think that you should learn them back fast. Like in a week of practice you would be like before, this considering that it took you like 2 months to reach your apogee.

I think this is a good idea, but I'm not sure everyone else will...

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 11:37:38 »
I completely agree with what Kono said, maybe another poll? ^_^

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Tora
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 13:34:43 »
No.
If I decide to quit for a year and leave my character, I don't want to return to find I'm at Genin level when I left it at Jonin

It is only realistic.

Besides, if you stop playing the game, you yourself will get worse at it little by little. The whole point of having a leveling system that doesn't specifically show the number of your levels is for your character alone to be an accurate demonstration of your in-game skill itself. With that being said, as you the player stop playing and become worse, your in-game character should also become worse.
I could go back to WoW right now, on my level 90 and still be able to do raids the way I use to. Playing games is like riding a bike, you never forget.
If I worked years on my character and come back to it being no better than a noob, I wouldn't bother playing again. Why should I work my ass off for years,decide to take a long break and return to just redo all my work? I'd rather continue from where I left off.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yuishi
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 15:58:41 »
I could go back to WoW right now, on my level 90 and still be able to do raids the way I use to. Playing games is like riding a bike, you never forget.
If I worked years on my character and come back to it being no better than a noob, I wouldn't bother playing again. Why should I work my ass off for years,decide to take a long break and return to just redo all my work? I'd rather continue from where I left off.
  • Character Name: Kuria Yuishi

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 18:45:48 »
No.
If I decide to quit for a year and leave my character, I don't want to return to find I'm at Genin level when I left it at Jonin

It is only realistic.

Besides, if you stop playing the game, you yourself will get worse at it little by little. The whole point of having a leveling system that doesn't specifically show the number of your levels is for your character alone to be an accurate demonstration of your in-game skill itself. With that being said, as you the player stop playing and become worse, your in-game character should also become worse.

The point of the game as that you're supposed to stay active. If your character in Naruto stopped training for 2 years, it wouldn't be as strong, so neither should your SLO character, as this isn't a typical MMORPG. Games which require active play to keep your ratings are successful often. For example, if you stop playing league of legends for a month your ranked points and ELO begin to decrease.
  • Character Name: Kayleb

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 22:03:31 »
No.

It is only realistic.

The point of the game as that you're supposed to stay active. If your character in Naruto stopped training for 2 years, it wouldn't be as strong, so neither should your SLO character, as this isn't a typical MMORPG. Games which require active play to keep your ratings are successful often. For example, if you stop playing league of legends for a month your ranked points and ELO begin to decrease.
Only if you get to a certain rank, i think that once you reach jounin+ that's when your character should start losing his skill.
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Manuster

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 17:25:58 »
Wow! this is so cool! I especially like limits idea! wow!

+rep

By RaphoZentel

By RaphoZentel

By Artemis

By Leebz

Online NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 15:58:51 »
I'm on board with loose "experience "
In specialty skills after jonin rank
Core skills -chakra control and stamina
(Witch I believe should be the basis for rank)
Should not be effected so you can get back to where you were faster.( And maintain your rank)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 16:04:46 by NinjaMirage »

Online M

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • M has no influence.
  • miserable, man.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: KETSURON

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 18:32:23 »
This is a good idea. I'm going to fall victim of this HARD. I am known for my random 2-month breaks from certain games.
  • Character Name: ℳ
≋ Hidden Haze

Recent Topics

Would a Player Run Economy Work? by NinjaMirage
Today at 01:06:00

The Raiu Clan by LordDqaure
Yesterday at 22:00:26

Katana Model. by gevanei
Yesterday at 21:25:42

Yuishi by taigakun
Yesterday at 20:17:49

The Himitsu Clan by taigakun