Forum > Shinobi Life Online Suggestions

Fuinjutsu machanics

(1/5) > >>

NinjaMirage:
Fuinjutsu
To start with I  will give a short explanation of what Fuinjutsu is!!!

Fuinjutsu is the sealing and release of chakra or an object. This can be done on any surface with a set of formulas that specify the function of the sealing.
There is 2 major formulas in the skill tree of Fuinjutsu:
Barriers
Space/Time

Barrier are formulas that seal the users chakra in an item, or draws on a users chakra through  chakra control formed formulas.
These formulas can be sustained and manually activated or be triggered by movement or contact with a limited time of use.

Space/time formulas are used to seal items or chakra and transport them. This is done  in 2 parts sealing and summoning.
These can be done simultaneously or individually. 

But this is SLO not naruto!!!
That means there needs to be a element of skill to these jutsu.
So we brake it down step by step.

First is learning the basics.
Learn the formulas:
This can be done a couple ways!!
1 each village should start with a basic sealing and summoning formula.
2 finding formulas- I'm not sure but I think this should be a lore thing- historic knowledge long forgotten if you ask my opinion.
3 experimentation!!
Because of the fallowing explication I think this could be a way the game can grant intelligence.

formula language/also known as calligraphy skill

Simaler to jutsu these formulas need to be entered like Jutsu- 0-9 keys representing not signs but a language we make up.
26 letters in the English language so 2 number combinations make up a letter. Simply spell out the desired effects with the formula animated on the object.
If this is too long the abc=2 and 1-0 keys on the phone could also work.

Chakra activation

This also should take skill. I'm thinking a balance scale on the horizontal and vertical.
Depending on the difficulty of the effects the speed of the bubble will be fast or slow.
Once this is done successfully the formula is learned. And assigning it a hot key will alow you to put it anything.
Also barrier jutsu using chakra control will automatically be put in your invintory when your chakra control and intelligence reaches the requirements for the Jutsu.
Personally I think you should have to practice changing your chakra Form in to the Ruins of the formula but to do that you would have to enter a training area and spell out the formula several times before you can assignee it a Jutsu activation sequence like earth dome or chidori.

in this way you can actually tell the game what you want your barrier Jutsu to do.
ill give you an example
and ill use the phone key language in the example.
so
1st is the barrier activation effect
(draw on player chakra on hit)
2nd is the barrier effects
(block incoming ninjutsu + block incoming players)
and that is a simply formula only 2 effects specified I suggest at the highest level allowing no more then 4 effects
for barriers I would suggest a balance for every specified effect of block
something will automatically be allowed
the cart below as fallows
block                  allow
NinJutsu             player enter
Genjutsu             Ninja tools
player enter        Ninjutsu
player exit          Jutsu exit
NinJutsu exit       ninja tools exit
Genjutsu exit      player exit

the block command always takes priority but anything not specified is allowed.
so the barrier above would allow ninja tools and genjutsu to get in and the player in side to do
anything he wants.

soon I will make up a list of  Fuinjutsu  formula commands for both barrier and space/time.

NinjaMirage:
Barriers should have 3 categories
   Augmentation
   Trap
   Defense

Space/time Is made up of 2 categories each with sub cadagorys
    Sealing
      Augmentation
      Dimensional
    Summoning
      Contracts
      Anchor

TheStylee:
I would honestly employ you as a part of the team.The time and the the focus you spend on game mechanics is unbelivable, lol.

NinjaMirage:
I have bin thinking naruto would make a awesome Mmorpg sence I saw the first battle with zabuza. Sence then I have paid closer then The usual attention to how and why jutsu in naruto work. But it would take a major development company to do all of the stuff I think should be in a naruto Mmorpg. Eventually I believe this game can get there witch is why I'm putting the effort in to these suggestions.
But I don't think vreg is really interested in most of this stuff. I don't have any of the skills needed for development or add anything of value to the development team. And I'm sure there are ways to do this stuff more easily in terms of programming. So I don't think I deserve to be part of the team.
But back to the topic!!!

NinjaMirage:
As I have spelled out the trap and defense parts of barriers in the initial post I'll start here with barrier augments.

In naruto there is a president for barriers that protect a spacific part of the body from damage.

https://goo.gl/images/j22ZPZ

So augmentation barrier will act as additional defense but not to the intire body. Only the vital points. Essentially makeing critical damage hits ineffective.

Also there is no reason these augmented barriers can't absorbe incoming chakra damage, Simaler to the samehada sword.
This chakra can then be used by the user in higher level Fuinjutsu formulas.

Any augmented formula once used is consumed and needs to be replaced.  In like in naruto where these formulas last forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version