Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 25
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 718
Total: 726
Google (8)

Author Topic: Fuinjutsu machanics  (Read 9484 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Fuinjutsu machanics
« on: June 02, 2017, 01:05:01 »
Fuinjutsu

To start with I  will give a short explanation of what Fuinjutsu is!!!

Fuinjutsu is the sealing and release of chakra or an object. This can be done on any surface with a set of formulas that specify the function of the sealing.
There is 2 major formulas in the skill tree of Fuinjutsu:
Barriers
Space/Time

Barrier are formulas that seal the users chakra in an item, or draws on a users chakra through  chakra control formed formulas.
These formulas can be sustained and manually activated or be triggered by movement or contact with a limited time of use.

Space/time formulas are used to seal items or chakra and transport them. This is done  in 2 parts sealing and summoning.
These can be done simultaneously or individually. 

But this is SLO not naruto!!!
That means there needs to be a element of skill to these jutsu.
So we brake it down step by step.

First is learning the basics.
Learn the formulas:
This can be done a couple ways!!
1 each village should start with a basic sealing and summoning formula.
2 finding formulas- I'm not sure but I think this should be a lore thing- historic knowledge long forgotten if you ask my opinion.
3 experimentation!!
Because of the fallowing explication I think this could be a way the game can grant intelligence.

formula language/also known as calligraphy skill

Simaler to jutsu these formulas need to be entered like Jutsu- 0-9 keys representing not signs but a language we make up.
26 letters in the English language so 2 number combinations make up a letter. Simply spell out the desired effects with the formula animated on the object.
If this is too long the abc=2 and 1-0 keys on the phone could also work.

Chakra activation

This also should take skill. I'm thinking a balance scale on the horizontal and vertical.
Depending on the difficulty of the effects the speed of the bubble will be fast or slow.
Once this is done successfully the formula is learned. And assigning it a hot key will alow you to put it anything.
Also barrier jutsu using chakra control will automatically be put in your invintory when your chakra control and intelligence reaches the requirements for the Jutsu.
Personally I think you should have to practice changing your chakra Form in to the Ruins of the formula but to do that you would have to enter a training area and spell out the formula several times before you can assignee it a Jutsu activation sequence like earth dome or chidori.

in this way you can actually tell the game what you want your barrier Jutsu to do.
ill give you an example
and ill use the phone key language in the example.
so
1st is the barrier activation effect
(draw on player chakra on hit)
2nd is the barrier effects
(block incoming ninjutsu + block incoming players)
and that is a simply formula only 2 effects specified I suggest at the highest level allowing no more then 4 effects
for barriers I would suggest a balance for every specified effect of block
something will automatically be allowed
the cart below as fallows
block                  allow
NinJutsu             player enter
Genjutsu             Ninja tools
player enter        Ninjutsu
player exit          Jutsu exit
NinJutsu exit       ninja tools exit
Genjutsu exit      player exit

the block command always takes priority but anything not specified is allowed.
so the barrier above would allow ninja tools and genjutsu to get in and the player in side to do
anything he wants.

soon I will make up a list of  Fuinjutsu  formula commands for both barrier and space/time.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 16:59:29 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

Re: Fuinjutsu machanics
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 17:09:33 »
Barriers should have 3 categories
   Augmentation
   Trap
   Defense

Space/time Is made up of 2 categories each with sub cadagorys
    Sealing
      Augmentation
      Dimensional
    Summoning
      Contracts
      Anchor
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 18:27:39 by NinjaMirage »

Offline TheStylee

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • TheStylee has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 18:38:28 »
I would honestly employ you as a part of the team.The time and the the focus you spend on game mechanics is unbelivable, lol.
  • Character Name: TheStylee

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 19:27:18 »
I have bin thinking naruto would make a awesome Mmorpg sence I saw the first battle with zabuza. Sence then I have paid closer then The usual attention to how and why jutsu in naruto work. But it would take a major development company to do all of the stuff I think should be in a naruto Mmorpg. Eventually I believe this game can get there witch is why I'm putting the effort in to these suggestions.
But I don't think vreg is really interested in most of this stuff. I don't have any of the skills needed for development or add anything of value to the development team. And I'm sure there are ways to do this stuff more easily in terms of programming. So I don't think I deserve to be part of the team.
But back to the topic!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 22:03:44 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 13:49:48 »
As I have spelled out the trap and defense parts of barriers in the initial post I'll start here with barrier augments.

In naruto there is a president for barriers that protect a spacific part of the body from damage.

https://goo.gl/images/j22ZPZ

So augmentation barrier will act as additional defense but not to the intire body. Only the vital points. Essentially makeing critical damage hits ineffective.

Also there is no reason these augmented barriers can't absorbe incoming chakra damage, Simaler to the samehada sword.
This chakra can then be used by the user in higher level Fuinjutsu formulas.

Any augmented formula once used is consumed and needs to be replaced.  In like in naruto where these formulas last forever.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 17:18:11 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 17:40:15 »
Spice time
 sealing
   This is listed as a space time because it puts somthing in a different dimension.

2 types of seals are available odd numbers and even numbered.

Even number seals allow for you to access the thing sealed. These are augmentation seals.

Odd number seals completely suppress anything in them for a limited time.

Dementional
Sealing your own chakra with in a dimension creates a interface with that demention.
This exists outside the normal SLO world.
This allows the player to disappear in to that dimension. This is dangerous!!! Essentially you die in the normal world.

So how dose one get back from this dimension?

An anchor in the real world must summon you back. this actually takes alittle time but it's time in another dimension. From the observers point of view it happens instantaneously. This is yet another reason to have a gauge on how long you live. Each time you use a teleportation jutsu the amount of time is added to your life for that distance you traveled. If it takes you 10 seconds to run 50 meters then teleporting 50 meters adds 10 seconds to your life but you arrive Instantly.

The number of anchors should only be limited to the numbers 0-9. And you must train to get to the point of being able to use all 10.

But remember these anchors can be distroyed. If you slip in to the demention with out a anchor to summon you back you are essentially died.

This is different then the body flicker jutsu.
The Fuinjutsu  teleportation  is only chakra based. The body flicker jutsu requires a good deal more chakra and stamina to move at the same speed.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 19:29:45 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 19:40:26 »
Contracts

These are the most complex of all Fuinjutsu formulas. They require sealing and summoning formulas with dimensional connections between both party's. Meaning both party's must submit there chakra to the contract. This obviously means that only intelligent beings can sign contracts.

If intelligent animals are not to be used as contact summoning ever!!! (Personally I think that's a mistake) contracts could still be used by players in strategic ways. Because contacts require all party's to submit chakra for the contracts all party's essentially become posable anchors for the Fuinjutsu user.  Meaning any player on the contract can summon anyone else on the contract to there location. They only need to know the summoning jutsu to do this only 1 Fuinjutsu ninja needs to be able to wright up the contract. But again only 10 players should be able to submit to this contract. I don't think it would be wise for there to be More then that.
Contracts will likely be used Amun rouge organizations the most.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 19:44:01 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 19:12:12 »
Dammit dude you just do not stop....

I'm 80% sure some of this is familiar

Spice time
 sealing
   This is listed as a space time because it puts somthing in a different dimension.

2 types of seals are available odd numbers and even numbered.

Even number seals allow for you to access the thing sealed. These are augmentation seals.

Odd number seals completely suppress anything in them for a limited time.

Dementional
Sealing your own chakra with in a dimension creates a interface with that demention.
This exists outside the normal SLO world.
This allows the player to disappear in to that dimension. This is dangerous!!! Essentially you die in the normal world.

So how dose one get back from this dimension?

An anchor in the real world must summon you back. this actually takes alittle time but it's time in another dimension. From the observers point of view it happens instantaneously. This is yet another reason to have a gauge on how long you live. Each time you use a teleportation jutsu the amount of time is added to your life for that distance you traveled. If it takes you 10 seconds to run 50 meters then teleporting 50 meters adds 10 seconds to your life but you arrive Instantly.

The number of anchors should only be limited to the numbers 0-9. And you must train to get to the point of being able to use all 10.

But remember these anchors can be distroyed. If you slip in to the demention with out a anchor to summon you back you are essentially died.

This is different then the body flicker jutsu.
The Fuinjutsu  teleportation  is only chakra based. The body flicker jutsu requires a good deal more chakra and stamina to move at the same speed.

I would love for a Dimensional jutsu to be in the game, infact I'm copying that idea asap for my story heh.

My problem is that it might become OP if not properly debuffed.

Idk maybe you could make it require extensive set up time or more than one shinobi surrounding the target?
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 19:21:39 »
These formulas are made before hand and are placed on tags or locations. Again it's dangerous
These tags can be distroyed easily. I don't think these dimensional formulas should be chakra based.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 19:29:47 »
These formulas are made before hand and are placed on tags or locations. Again it's dangerous
These tags can be distroyed easily. I don't think these dimensional formulas should be chakra based.

nice nice lovely lovely

in hindsight it was probably silly to ask, you seem to think of frkin everthing

But if they're not chakra based then whats going to stop someone making alot of them, spamming them and activating the ones that dont get destroyed?

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 19:40:47 »
Because you have to select the anchor point you summon at. 10 are the most you can use because 0-9 are all that you can assign a anchor point

So if the jutsu is 534-0
Dash 0 is the anchor point.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 21:14:30 »
Fuinjutsu formulas- must be at a desk!!!
  Sealing circles- in scrolls
       Chakra
       Items
       Corps
       Animal- mount at least
       Nature
       Barriers
       Medical
       Myself- special jutsu- hand sign makes the circle
  Summoning anchors
       Activation-
           summoning jutsu
           (Time) release - paper bombs and such
           Manual release

-0 through -9-special jutsu target

Barriers-require sealing circle formula
           Sealed chakra (a set amount of chakra is used at a set rate of 1 to 1 seconds for every activation and effect used. )
           Draw chakra (uses yourself as the source of the chakra for the barrier) no hit points can not be broken by phisical attacks
           Absorbed chakra (uses  every ones chakra inside the barrier as the source, you as the user must be inside to activate- manual only)
      Activation
            On contact
            Motion perimeter
            On hit
            Manual
      Effects
            Block (name attack type, or action)
            Trap (attack type movement action)
            Recovery (name type)(medical ninjutsu used at sealing.)
             Sence
             Absorbe ( name type)
             Reflect.  ( name nature)

And there you have it... I beleved with the above calligraphy skills you should be able to make any kind of barriers or summon in the game. The only thing not included is contracts because it's not worth putting in unless we have animals.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:39:01 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 18:07:12 »
I had a thought about perma death as it relates the the above definition of space/time Fuinjutsu!!

So what if we allowed Fuinjutsu formula tattoos as one of the higher level Fuinjutsu technique!!

But on second thought this won't work. Even if you could summon your spiritual energy back to your body. Your body is obviously to damaged for it to be a usable vessel.  So perma death still stands. I can't find any way do keep perma death and have a way to revive the dead. Maybe if you combined Fuinjutsu medical formulas in with the summoning anchors but that is kinda bullshit op!!

But actually you could if a medical ninja put the tattoos on and healed the body then summoned you back. But once these tattoos were distoryed you sould be gone for good.
And if you are broght back this way you should have less health chakra and stamina then your original body.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 18:13:20 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 23:07:48 »
I had a thought about perma death as it relates the the above definition of space/time Fuinjutsu!!

So what if we allowed Fuinjutsu formula tattoos as one of the higher level Fuinjutsu technique!!

But on second thought this won't work. Even if you could summon your spiritual energy back to your body. Your body is obviously to damaged for it to be a usable vessel.  So perma death still stands. I can't find any way do keep perma death and have a way to revive the dead. Maybe if you combined Fuinjutsu medical formulas in with the summoning anchors but that is kinda bullshit op!!

But actually you could if a medical ninja put the tattoos on and healed the body then summoned you back. But once these tattoos were distoryed you sould be gone for good.
And if you are broght back this way you should have less health chakra and stamina then your original body.

lmao I looove your sig AND the idea for tattoos.

Do the tattoos have to summon energy though? Why not use them as a form of enhancement? However give them a cost so as to make them a feature that is not easily accessible and used before serious fights. Maybe limit the tattoo to 2 users per tattoo artist. (The tattoo artist being a very high level fuinjutsu user)

And why not have it drain chakra to boost physical abilites? Or health? Or anything really?

I get that seals dont work off stamina or health but maybe have it drain those to boost things as well?

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 23:31:17 »
There could be different kinds of tattoos!!
But i think these should be full body stuff!!
So only 1 can be applied to any player.

So one might be for sealing extra chakra but then you would never be able to be revived by the Fuinjutsu formulas tattoos.