Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 739
Total: 750
travemunc
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: Rep.  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Rep.
« on: May 13, 2015, 20:04:31 »
We need reputation bars.
You should be able to give people reputation if they've been funny, made a good post or done something nice.

• Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
Re: Rep.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 20:16:30 »
I support this suggestion, it would inspire people to make better posts so they can get a better reputation. But, i think m4 or America once said in the chat that this was already going to happen, there would be no post count and just a rep system or something like that.

Also, maybe there should be a like system where you can +1 or -1 people's post.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 15:45:44 »
^true This will Make people unable to spam so i support this idea! Plus the more rep you have the more people will look up to you as a nice guy so you can determine who is a guy you can come to ask questions to other than the staff ofc.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 17:20:45 »
There should be posts. This is not a biased opinion, but posts show knowledge and activity.
Reputation shows kindness and helpfulness.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 18:24:09 »
How about only showing posts that were useful? Like I post something and I get lots of up votes and so I get rep for theat and that post goes to my post count but then I spam something like "XD" then I get lots of down votes and that gives me negative rep and that post doesn't go to my post count?

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 23:35:49 »
It says "Posts: (number of posts)" for a reason.
If you wanted that there should be a separate counter for useful posts, or a reputation system. Which is suggested.
Removing post count is silly, they are two separate things.
I feel if rep was added there should be both.

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 01:04:08 »
I don't think people should be able to 'downvote' posts per se.

Looking at the entire idea, perhaps a variation of how other forums do it, make it more in depth -  eg. a post can be marked as helpful, funny, off topic etc. by the community. I know this would be quite a lot harder and more complicated, but could be a better way of doing it. Also, looking at the stats overall would kinda tell us what kind of people are attracted to SLO... Idk, I'm just rambling now.

Anyway, I completely support the idea of rep.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 11:01:46 »
i guess XD... and if a guy has many posts but less rep you would automatically know if he is a spammer or not XD so i guess post count can be kept. and btw ^ i love Jcryer's idea ^

Offline jcryer

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 17:57:59 »
@Vreg?

If making a fully functional rep system is too time consuming/you don't want to do it, you could simply enable the built-in Karma system:

Karma is an optional feature that shows the popularity of members. Administrators can enable this feature from the Core Features section. When members are allowed, they can applaud or smite a member to raise or lower that member's karma.

o Karma mode - This option is to select how the karma feature will be used in the forum:
o Disable Karma - Disables the use of this feature.
o Enable Karma Total - Makes SMF show only the total of points received.
o Enable Karma Positive/Negative - Shows both the positive and negative points for each user.
o Set the minimum posts needed to modify karma - Administrators can set a minimum number of posts that a user must have before they can       
   raise or lower someone's karma.
o Set wait time in hours - This specifies how long (in hours) users have to wait between consecutive karma actions on the same person.
o Restrict administrators to wait time - This specifies whether forum administrators are restricted by the wait time (see the previous option).
o Karma label - Here administrators can define the label that is shown for the karma field in the profile and posts (default karma:).
o Karma applaud label - The text that appears in the link to increase the karma of a user (default [applaud]). If you leave this field blank, the
   applaud link will be hidden.
o Karma smite label - The text that appears in the link to decrease the karma of a user (default [smite]). If you leave this field blank, the smite
   link will be hidden.

Or, what would be much nicer, but would take a little more time:

Advanced Reputation System
Advanced Reputation System Info
A full Karma System replacement, with adjustable reputation settings and an in-post rate/comment popup box.
o Reputation sent is now based on the giver's reputation
o Popup box can be activated in posts wherein reputation can be sent with a comment
o Members can view their own reputation by going to action=profile;sa=reputation
o Moderators (or anyone with permission) can delete reputation actions on this screen
o Reputation can be given per post, per thread, on account birthday, and on registration

Just some research I did into simple ways this feature could be implemented, possibly making it more likely to happen?? I don't know, just thought I would post it all here :P
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 18:02:59 by jcryer »

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 18:52:08 »
@Vreg?

If making a fully functional rep system is too time consuming/you don't want to do it, you could simply enable the built-in Karma system:

Karma is an optional feature that shows the popularity of members. Administrators can enable this feature from the Core Features section. When members are allowed, they can applaud or smite a member to raise or lower that member's karma.

o Karma mode - This option is to select how the karma feature will be used in the forum:
o Enable Karma Positive/Negative - Shows both the positive and negative points for each user.
o Set the minimum posts needed to modify karma - Administrators can set a minimum number of posts that a user must have before they can       
o Set wait time in hours - This specifies how long (in hours) users have to wait between consecutive karma actions on the same person.
o Restrict administrators to wait time - This specifies whether forum administrators are restricted by the wait time (see the previous option).
o Karma label - Here administrators can define the label that is shown for the karma field in the profile and posts (default karma:).
o Karma applaud label - The text that appears in the link to increase the karma of a user (default [applaud]). If you leave this field blank, the
o Karma smite label - The text that appears in the link to decrease the karma of a user (default [smite]). If you leave this field blank, the smite
   link will be hidden.

A full Karma System replacement, with adjustable reputation settings and an in-post rate/comment popup box.
o Popup box can be activated in posts wherein reputation can be sent with a comment
o Members can view their own reputation by going to action=profile;sa=reputation
o Moderators (or anyone with permission) can delete reputation actions on this screen
o Reputation can be given per post, per thread, on account birthday, and on registration

Just some research I did into simple ways this feature could be implemented, possibly making it more likely to happen?? I don't know, just thought I would post it all here :P
Was already planning to use the Advanced Reputation System mod for SMF.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 19:29:03 »
@Vreg?

link will be hidden.

Was already planning to use the Advanced Reputation System mod for SMF.

What is SMF?

Offline jcryer

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 20:12:25 »
@Konohuro The forum thingy we use - Simple Machines Forum.

@Vreg Ah okay, sorry for bothering :P