Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64472
Latest: best tadalafil prices
New This Month: 341
New This Week: 17
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76987
Total Topics: 22502
Most Online Today: 1099
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1033
Total: 1044
Bogdannbw
Google (AdSense)
Google (9)

Author Topic: Adding Elements  (Read 15592 times)

Offline LeisurelyGrunt

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • LeisurelyGrunt has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Adding Elements
« on: August 17, 2014, 17:47:46 »
I thought maybe if Shinobi Life Online borrowed elements from Dc universe online would make it even better. Such has having weapons combos and what not maybe movement modes but im not sure if that might be pushing to be too similar mostly talking about the combat, leveling, stuff like that, maybe earn gear to boost combat ratings I don't know just some ideas from one of my favorite MMO's . Also on top of that Having a Really amazing character creation makes almost any game amazing. So maybe something like in the lines of skyrim, or maybe something more related City of heroes.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 17:57:43 by LeisurelyGrunt »

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • AugustRed has no influence.
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Elements
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 18:09:23 »
clothes should have no impact on your stats.... if you where pants does tht make you feel faster? no, it doesnt. if if there would be a stat boost it should be only be something minor. As for combos, yes there well be combos for taijutsu and kenjutsu, im not sure about ninjutsu though. Having character creation like skyrim, DCU and COH? if you must know the development for both of those took a really long time and it took more then 1 person to make it look as well as it did for DCU. Skyrim  is far beyond the level of DCU and COH so that you take 1-2 year max so no thts not happen. not yet atleast but there will be a creation but remember this game started last year

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 18:14:21 »
clothes should have no impact on your stats.... if you where pants does tht make you feel faster? no, it doesnt. if if there would be a stat boost it should be only be something minor. As for combos, yes there well be combos for taijutsu and kenjutsu, im not sure about ninjutsu though. Having character creation like skyrim, DCU and COH? if you must know the development for both of those took a really long time and it took more then 1 person to make it look as well as it did for DCU. Skyrim  is far beyond the level of DCU and COH so that you take 1-2 year max so no thts not happen. not yet atleast but there will be a creation but remember this game started last year
It's an MMO you have to have gear with stat bonuses
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 18:34:10 »
Who says so? If this game is going to be realistic then your gear shouldn't set the tone for your strength. Your skill should. The stat addition should be very minor, or the strong equips shouldn't be near impossible to gain
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 19:22:03 »
Who says so? If this game is going to be realistic then your gear shouldn't set the tone for your strength. Your skill should. The stat addition should be very minor, or the strong equips shouldn't be near impossible to gain
That automatically implies that weapon won't have stats like damage either, since a kunai kills just like a huge sword. How about that?
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 19:24:28 »
It's an MMO you have to have gear with stat bonuses

just bc its a MMO doesnt mean it has to have stat bonus's. the game would rely on pure skill and training not a +100 atk bc i have a jonin vest on. This is naruto. Rock lee doesnt get +40 speed for wearing an all green jumpsuit. he got his speed from training 

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 19:25:43 »
That automatically implies that weapon won't have stats like damage either, since a kunai kills just like a huge sword. How about that?

weapons and clothes are different. Ofc weapons would have an atk min ~ Max on it......

Offline thevegetor

• Academy Student Poster
  • thevegetor has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 20:36:24 »
On the other hand for weapons a kunai will kill you just as dead as a huge sword. sure sure mechanics and stuff but realistically they are both just sharped pieces of metal.
  • Character Name: Akemi Akane

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 20:38:50 »
On the other hand for weapons a kunai will kill you just as dead as a huge sword. sure sure mechanics and stuff but realistically they are both just sharped pieces of metal.
That^ If clothes won't have stats then weapons shouldn't have damage as well.

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 22:36:00 »
That doesn't really make much sense. You can't cut someone's head off with a kunai, it's not meant for that. Take a katana on the other hand, you could cut some heads off.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 00:43:35 »
weapons are different from clothes even in every mmo, only thing with this is def should be based off training not clothes

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 09:20:03 »
weapons are different from clothes even in every mmo, only thing with this is def should be based off training not clothes
I have to disagree, if there'll be realistic clothes without stats, then there should be realistic weapons as well.
And no, weapons, just like clothes, are items, and therefore should be treated as such. But then again, these are my 0.02¢, it won't make much of a difference to me whether clothes and weapons will have stats, or no, so it can go either way and I'll be  ok with it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:40:47 by m4r1us »

Offline RyoHazuki

• Genin Poster
  • RyoHazuki has no influence.
  • Have you seen any sailors?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 21:48:32 »
I'm all for skill and shit, but come on there have been people who survived simply because they had better weapons/equipment than the other guy. Best example of this is the Baki vs Hayate fight. Hayate should of won that (R.I.P you badass) but this ain't the time to discuss that. I just feel like the armor/swords I have 3 months into the game shouldn't be completely equal to something some noob could pick up 5 minutes from spawning in to the game. Equipment definitely needs to have stat boosts and if you guys don't like that idea then you need get some yourself, lel. 
  • Character Name: Ryo
When does a ninja strike?

A ninja waits until the time is right. When his enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 21:54:39 »
I'm all for skill and shit, but come on there have been people who survived simply because they had better weapons/equipment than the other guy. Best example of this is the Baki vs Hayate fight. Hayate should of won that (R.I.P you badass) but this ain't the time to discuss that. I just feel like the armor/swords I have 3 months into the game shouldn't be completely equal to something some noob could pick up 5 minutes from spawning in to the game. Equipment definitely needs to have stat boosts and if you guys don't like that idea then you need get some yourself, lel. 
I'm all for that myself, but I was just saying that if we do realistic clothes, then there should be realistic weapons as well. I prefer the stat boost too :)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 23:05:40 »
I think that unless your clothing is significant, then it should only give like a +1 defense boost. I think weapons drastically changing your character would be great, but clothes? Nah.
  • Character Name: Dawg