Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64085
Latest: RafaelBer
New This Month: 4178
New This Week: 144
New Today: 21
Stats
Total Posts: 73950
Total Topics: 20798
Most Online Today: 1675
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1072
Total: 1082

Author Topic: Taijutsu styles  (Read 16491 times)

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Brakelvierr has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu
Taijutsu styles
« on: July 09, 2015, 11:38:19 »
Don't know if this has already been suggested, I hadn't seen it but if it has could someone please link it to me.

So I've been thinking with regards to taijutsu, I presume it's going to be active combat but this'll still effect it, when someone picks taijutsu of any kind we should get to pick what kind of style of taijutsu we learn to augment the way our taijutsu works i.e I'd pick a defensive style and when I guard I would take less damage from an attack or an Agile style where I hit, guard and move fast but my hits and guards wouldn't be as effective so dodging and getting sets of quick strikes would be my best bet.
This could also branch off into other taijutsu types like I said earlier so to have a more defensive sword style or something along those lines. This would also vary taijutsu fights for both you and your opponent and make them a bit more fun.
Maybe you could learn the other styles or special styles from other villages (not necessarily hidden villages) and devote your ninjas life to learning and mastering all these fighting styles.

Anyway just wanted to get some feedback on this idea (Partly because there was talk of a village being made where they use drunken boxing/way of the drunken fist :P also thought this would bring more realism into the taiujutsu combat)

• Character Name: Funso Mokushiroku
This Jutsu was passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
Re: Taijutsu styles
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 11:43:33 »
Don't know if this has already been suggested, I hadn't seen it but if it has could someone please link it to me.

So I've been thinking with regards to taijutsu, I presume it's going to be active combat but this'll still effect it, when someone picks taijutsu of any kind we should get to pick what kind of style of taijutsu we learn to augment the way our taijutsu works i.e I'd pick a defensive style and when I guard I would take less damage from an attack or an Agile style where I hit, guard and move fast but my hits and guards wouldn't be as effective so dodging and getting sets of quick strikes would be my best bet.
This could also branch off into other taijutsu types like I said earlier so to have a more defensive sword style or something along those lines. This would also vary taijutsu fights for both you and your opponent and make them a bit more fun.
Maybe you could learn the other styles or special styles from other villages (not necessarily hidden villages) and devote your ninjas life to learning and mastering all these fighting styles.

Anyway just wanted to get some feedback on this idea (Partly because there was talk of a village being made where they use drunken boxing/way of the drunken fist :P also thought this would bring more realism into the taiujutsu combat)

You don't pick your style , they way you train and fight defines your style
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 12:14:52 »

You don't pick your style , they way you train and fight defines your style

I realise this, but having a style would cover these spots unless we have masses of skills like Agility, Strength and Armour/Defense rating. To my understanding we were just investing our time into expanding our skills like taijutsu, genjutsu and etc. It also still can have a place in a 'pick the way you play' environment, If I wanted to play a fast character would I just spam my attack key, frankly that sounds boring and kind of redundant.
Regardless I think unique fighting styles would still be able to fit in and would be a cool addition
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:24:17 by Brakelvierr »

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:39:58 »
There will be no stats. It's all on how good the irl player is. The only way to get stronger is to train, by doing workouts for example push-ups, or wearing leg weights. Or even practicing your taijutsu. You will not choose style.
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 12:41:36 »
There will be no stats. It's all on how good the irl player is. The only way to get stronger is to train, by doing workouts for example push-ups, or wearing leg weights. Or even practicing your taijutsu. You will not choose style.
But if you are working on training (on your own) and not actually improving your personal skill, isn't that kind of redundant if there is a lack of stats.
Also I'm aware of the lack of stats I've been on this forum for quite a while now (Just without an account).
And I've said this in response to Grantit, sorry if I sound overly adamant about this, at least (I'm hoping we can compromise on this point) make something unique to do with learning a technique at these villages, unless I've got a mission to them or want to learn the lore behind them, what will be my incentive to visit these little villages, from the concept art for them on the IndieDB page they look really interesting and pretty but what purpose will they serve if I'm just going to hang around them and do nothing there. Anyway I see the whole fighting style thing is a lost cause but I at least want to make one good suggestion come from this thread so it isn't a waste of peoples time or space on the front page of the suggestions board.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:55:06 by Brakelvierr »

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 12:46:51 »
But if you're training aren't you also improving your personal skill?
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 12:55:30 »
Not with a push up mini-game

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 12:56:36 »
Unless you are learning how to spam the key fast enough, which again sounds redundant and boring.

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 12:58:35 »
Unless you are learning how to spam the key fast enough, which again sounds redundant and boring.
and all the suggestions about these training types have to do with increasing some kind of stat, speed and strength with the whole body weights and exercise suggestions
It just kind of feels like the community is rubber banding and is stuck between the limbo of stats and personal skill, not really knowing what it wants from this game. Maybe people have already cemented how this game is going to be and I personally am not seeing how these link and work together, anyway just my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 13:01:53 by Brakelvierr »

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 13:03:43 »
Maybe this'd have been better in the discussions board :P

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 14:23:09 »
Brakelvierr there's an edit button.
Use it.

Also

This is true , if you do pushups you'll deplete your energy but your muscles get stronger.
Makes sense , right?

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:09 »
Brakelvierr there's an edit button.
Use it.

Also

This is true , if you do pushups you'll deplete your energy but your muscles get stronger.
Makes sense , right?

I'm sorry, but what is with you and these snarky comments only done to insult and start fights, it doesn't help the community or this thread. It just serves to insult someone in an environment that's meant for calm discussion and understanding, by saying that you've wasted time where you could've explained to me why your 'push-up minigame' isn't a waste of time and energy or why it isn't the same as a stat increasing activity.

And my bad for not editing together my posts, I've not been talking on the forum much till recently, so I'm unaware to the forum etiquette. 

And I don't think you understand where I'm coming from with the whole exercise thing, if this is all to improve your personal skill what is a pushup mini game going to serve to do that, what you're talking about is a stat increasing exercise as opposed to a personal skill building exercise.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:25:00 by Brakelvierr »

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 11:24:10 »
I think the current system is already quite good.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 11:52:33 »
Personal skill improves as a consequence to stats improving.
Irl exercises aren't meant to improve your personal skill , but to improve your "stats" (strength , speed etc.).
E.G. You do push-ups they make you stronger which in turn let's you do more push-ups.

That's how the game will be , no spamming the key or smthg , even if you devastate your keys you won't be able to do more push-ups than your stamina allows.

And where you said "if I want to be a fast a character I need to spam the attack key" the anwser is no , if you run you'll get faster and if you run enough you'll have your fast character.

Conlusion : Push-ups are a stat increasing exercise but like I said personal skill improves as a consequence to increasing stats.

I'm not posting anymore in here since I'm getting understood and in no way I intended to start a fight and/or insult anyone.
Just wanted get that clear up.

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 12:26:20 »
Loooool the push up mini game was an example to my thread. Have you ever heard vreg say "we will use a push up mini game to train" of course not. The push ups and etc could be don't in an entirely different way. Plus, I know what you mean by personal skill. I think you mean, your stance, and the combo you use. I think when you are genin, you can choose from 3 taijutsu fighting styles. And chunin you can choose from 10. Then jonin level you choose from 20. But that will all depend on your ELO Level.
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu