Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64630
Latest: Davidyvn
New This Month: 151
New This Week: 82
New Today: 11
Stats
Total Posts: 78268
Total Topics: 23549
Most Online Today: 1364
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1247
Total: 1259
Margaretvsl
Margarettnc
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (8)

Author Topic: Health and Chakra regen  (Read 14276 times)

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Health and Chakra regen
« on: July 02, 2016, 19:37:38 »
Hey,
I've been sparring with a couple members from my clan for the past 2 days and I have to say it's pretty fun; and to an extent competitive.

You have included the following fundamental functions which I am really impressed by;
-Dodging in all directions.
-Backflip, a fancy way to dodge by throwing yourself backwards.
-Several offensive Jutsu, needless to say 'Firebreath' is op and needs to be toned down. It can melt users in like 3 seconds.
-Chakra regeneration.

One thing that troubles me is chakra during combat, more specifically 1v1.
I fail to have a proper duel when I constantly have to stop and wait for a couple seconds (sometimes a minute) for my chakra gauge to fill up so that I can resume battle. My suggestion is for us to have a larger chakra pool, enough to be able to cast several abilities and dodge + run around above 50KPH. OR lower the chakra consumption rate of abilities and sprint + remove it for dodging.

This way battles will not only be far more enjoyable but users would also be able to last in constant combat (abilities + sprint) for longer than 45 seconds.

Health regen
Whenever we finish a fight, we have to get someone to kill us in order for our health to reset.
Could we have an option to restart our character with full health, or activate effective hp regen?

internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline KimotoHaikye

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KimotoHaikye has no influence.
  • Hiyo <3
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Blackbox
Re: Health and Chakra regen
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 19:42:43 »
I agree with this post :D
  • Character Name: Kimoto Ennia Roiyaru

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 20:36:54 »
Hey,
I've been sparring with a couple members from my clan for the past 2 days and I have to say it's pretty fun; and to an extent competitive.

You have included the following fundamental functions which I am really impressed by;
-Dodging in all directions.
-Backflip, a fancy way to dodge by throwing yourself backwards.
-Several offensive Jutsu, needless to say 'Firebreath' is op and needs to be toned down. It can melt users in like 3 seconds.
-Chakra regeneration.

I fail to have a proper duel when I constantly have to stop and wait for a couple seconds (sometimes a minute) for my chakra gauge to fill up so that I can resume battle. My suggestion is for us to have a larger chakra pool, enough to be able to cast several abilities and dodge + run around above 50KPH. OR lower the chakra consumption rate of abilities and sprint + remove it for dodging.

This way battles will not only be far more enjoyable but users would also be able to last in constant combat (abilities + sprint) for longer than 45 seconds.

Health regen
Whenever we finish a fight, we have to get someone to kill us in order for our health to reset.
Could we have an option to restart our character with full health, or activate effective hp regen?

I get what you've got a problem with -- but the solutions you've suggested would (if you think about it) actually end up just creating another problem on the opposite end of the spectrum; specifically, battles that can *never end* -- aka, characters that have little to no consequences for staying in constant combat. With a higher chakra regen, players who are skilled enough to avoid most damage would be able to CONSTANTLY fight, to the point where other players wouldn't get an opportune opening.

In the same sense, a health regen is just as bad an idea, as again those same players could just rick-roll entire groups.

Really, the current gen-deathmatch has been nerfed down a bit in *response* to these type of situations; so in my own opinion, any changes to the game might, in fact, imbalance it further.

I can 'almost' agree with you on the FB, but really, the contexts of its use beg to differ. Previous incarnations took FOREVER to kill anyone -- and adding insult to injury, it was very much a close-ranged jutsu. As such, the current FB is alright so long as:

~Chakra regen remains the same, since FB 'burns' through that pool fairly quickly

~You stay away from the caster

All that I've said on this topic can be applied to *nearly all* of the current jutsu, with perhaps an exception for WB, which is about the most balanced among them atm.

~FB burns out fast and has to be used at medium-range (thinking back on it, point-blank makes it inaccurate, as it goes *past* the foe), but does relatively good *DoT* damage.

~WB is fairly balanced, as I said previously.

~Chidori is, perhaps, the most unbalanced among the jutsu at the moment; and due to its popularity, this is actually the one that scares me the most in terms of higher chakra regen. Chidori appears to have gotten buffed, as it no longer takes *as much* chakra for good damage -- and though it takes several strikes, these can be done in succession and will still leave enough chakra for a few more hits against possible secondary threats.

Overall, perhaps this isn't *quite* the time to talk about granting increases for the current-gen jutsu.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 22:10:20 »
Quick note to dragons post, Fireball point black appears to go past them, but it still does the same damage.

I think the problem is that we have no way to fight without expending chakra, so we're just constantly expending chakra until we run out and have to run around for a bit. When we get kunai and shuriken + Taijutsu and Kenjutsu it'll be a lot different. Also keep practicing, because the more accurate you are with your jutsu, the more you'll have to use.

On health regen, it would only really work if it regen'd at a slow rate, had to be out of combat for a little while, and you take more damage during the regen. Otherwise I could see it being abused

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 22:29:40 »
To fix the chakra regen problem I would suggest faster regen A limbered number of times like 5

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 22:35:00 »
To fix the chakra regen problem I would suggest faster regen A limbered number of times like 5

...Mai brian hurtz....

*Ahem*, but in all seriousness, I'm completely out of the context on how this solves chakra regen; did you mean allowing players 5 or so times to have faster regen? How would this be monitored/programmed? What's to say any competent player wouldn't have already wasted a good deal of players before they 'ran out' of these...regen boosters?

Please explain in further detail.

Hmm...I think we all forgot this thread was supposed to be for problems in-game, not suggestions for game-play systems...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 22:56:37 by Nova »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 22:54:58 »
Hmm...I think we all forgot this thread was supposed to be for problems in-game, not suggestions for game-play systems...
It's under the category for 'Feedback', this can both be suggestions and current problems.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 22:56:16 »

...Mai brian hurtz....

*Ahem*, but in all seriousness, I'm completely out of the context on how this solves chakra regen; did you mean allowing players 5 or so times to have faster regen? How would this be monitored/programmed? What's to say any competent player wouldn't have already wasted a good deal of players before they 'ran out' of these...regen boosters?

Never tell cmsurfer to explain in further detail, because then the math comes 0_0
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Manuster

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 23:39:14 »
In my opinion, any form of chakra regeneration should come through medical jutsu. Even if this is only deathmatch, having players heal themselves at  is imo not a good idea. We can have a medical jutsu that heals another person but not ourselves. It won't solve the problem you mentioned but in my opinion, it's a problem that should exist.

As for the chakra consumption, I believe that as a user masters a jutsu, it will cost less chakra for them to use it. The current chakra pool is most likely the one that a user would begin with as a fresh Academy Student. It will obviously increase drastically.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Isis

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 10:24:59 »

The only reason chakra seems to run out so quick is because it is a resource consumed by almost everything you do. Some of the things you do shouldn't consume chakra. It doesn't really make sense that running, double jumping, and dodging should require chakra. These three things are physical activities that purely revolve around stamina. Adding a stamina bar would definitely make things more realistic, because frankly it makes more sense that way. I really suggest adding a stamina bar that consumes these three actions, and that should help with the chakra issue. If chakra was only consumed by things that actually require it, then you wouldn't be running out of it the whole time.

Sure, but then there would have to be restrictions on using it, so that people don't just use it mid-fight. Maybe make it some sort of six second spell cast that can be interrupted if you were attacked.
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 11:21:09 »
The only reason chakra seems to run out so quick is because it is a resource consumed by almost everything you do. Some of the things you do shouldn't consume chakra. It doesn't really make sense that running, double jumping, and dodging should require chakra. These three things are physical activities that purely revolve around stamina. Adding a stamina bar would definitely make things more realistic, because frankly it makes more sense that way. I really suggest adding a stamina bar that consumes these three actions, and that should help with the chakra issue. If chakra was only consumed by things that actually require it, then you wouldn't be running out of it the whole time.

Sure, but then there would have to be restrictions on using it, so that people don't just use it mid-fight. Maybe make it some sort of six second spell cast that can be interrupted if you were attacked.
I agree with what you're saying; physical moves like dodging and double jump should not consume chakra, but instead have some sort of cool-down after being used 4-5 times consecutively. This will prevent the escape of ninja and would make sure battles don't last ages due to running away.

I also completely agree with the health regen idea, where users will stand still as they have some sort of effect floating around them which signifies that they are about to regenerate health to 100%. Again, this will be stopped when attacked.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 11:58:35 »

...Mai brian hurtz....

ok so its not hard to do this just make faster regen manual for now.boost the regen in game now so that it fills up fast when you hit the G key and log the # of times its used.  but what everyone is saying about a simple version of stamina is what the game realy needs. the chakra run and jump and daudge use too much chakra now and should consume more stamina.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2016, 12:53:13 »
ok so its not hard to do this just make faster regen manual for now.boost the regen in game now so that it fills up fast when you hit the G key and log the # of times its used.  but what everyone is saying about a simple version of stamina is what the game realy needs. the chakra run and jump and daudge use too much chakra now and should consume more stamina.
It'll be hard to monitor something like stamina because it is dependant on one's physical statistics which vary for everyone. My suggestion is that you can repeatedly dodge/double jump up to 5 times in a row before a cool-down appears.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:54:44 by Snoopy »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2016, 16:34:54 »
For now so that we can gauge how much items should weigh you down and how much movement should be affected a basic value of stamina for everyone like the chakra in game now is all That is needed. Everyone has the same amount of chakra regardless of skill right now.. Stamina can work the same way until the charicter stats and skills are made. Especially if your using stamina in the sence of the Physical energy a ninja uses.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2016, 17:03:12 »
For now so that we can gauge how much items should weigh you down and how much movement should be affected a basic value of stamina for everyone like the chakra in game now is all That is needed. Everyone has the same amount of chakra regardless of skill right now.. Stamina can work the same way until the charicter stats and skills are made. Especially if your using stamina in the sence of the Physical energy a ninja uses.
I agree that stamina is and should be affected by weight caused by armor, weaponry and items, however this will come much later on in development when we actually have a weight factor and actual items to equip.

It would be nice to implement a stamina bar that diminishes as physical movement is triggered, e.g;
-Dodging.
-Sprinting.
-Jump (single and double).

Chakra should only be consumed when casting jutsu.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy