Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64070
Latest: Mike MacAlister
New This Month: 4163
New This Week: 129
New Today: 21
Stats
Total Posts: 73937
Total Topics: 20785
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 749
Total: 761

Author Topic: My idea for a time manipulation jutsu  (Read 5646 times)

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
My idea for a time manipulation jutsu
« on: December 20, 2016, 08:37:32 »
I was playing with manuster when I remembered an idea for a time manipulation jutsu.
This jutsu could possibly use lag to make you somewhat faster/slow down opponents.
For example, it could make you a little faster than the rest of the players in the game,
or slow down opponents with deliberately instigated lag
and for a short while it would seem as if you are almost teleporting,
similar to lag ingame currently.

The way it would work, if I remember my original idea, is that it will
cause a bit of lag, which will make it seem as if the user is stuttering/teleporting,
when in fact he is simply moving faster.

I understand that Vreg doesn't want anything that gives an unfair edge,
and so there will of course be some drawbacks.
Since SLO will be based on skill, but also training your chakra and stamina
to be stronger, this will be a secret forbidden jutsu.
Those who use this will usually be extremely powerful already, due to the requirements.

Of course, this wouldn't be a forbidden jutsu without any drawbacks.
To activate this jutsu you could either:
1: Hold down a specific key to speed up your own time.
2: After entering the jutsu combination to activate it,
you would be required to perform it again to end the jutsu's effect.

And after is is ended, you would be slowed down for an equal amount of time
you used it. For instance, if you used it for ten seconds to speed yourself up,
it would afterwards slow you down for 10 seconds.
A lot can happen in ten whole seconds. That sluggishness could make the difference in a fight.
Thus, this jutsu should only be used as an ace in the hole.
Wether you choose to wield it or not is your responsibility, as are the drawbacks.

Either way, as long as the jutsu is active, it will rack up a chakra cost.
After the jutsu is ended, the cost will come into effect and drain your chakra
based on how long you used it. It is in essence a delayed effect.

As to wether you can use jutsu while using this one...
I think that it would perhaps be better to keep the caster from using other ninjutsu
while this one is active, since it would likely require an insane amount
of concentration and effort just to pull at the fabric of time.
It would be hard to use other ninjutsu in conjunction with this one.
The caster could be limited to physical attacks, such as taijutsu and kenjutsu.
However, if it is permitted, then manuster suggested that jutsu's should cost
double the ordinary amount of chakra. I suggested the normal amount.

At any rate,
if you use ninjutsu and use up all your chakra before the time-jutsu is complete,
after it has ceased functioning, the physical drawbacks will take effect.
If you do not have enough chakra to equal the amount of time you spent using it,
the jutsu will drain your health as well. This can also be combined with coughing up blood.

Just for cool visuals, if your graphics settings are on high,
we can make the user have the appearance of vibrating extremely fast,
a la the flash. :D

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, I'm not sure this idea could work.
Not to mention the fact that this proposal is rather badly formulated.
If you have any ideas for something like this, please post them here.
DOUBLE EDIT:
I just had another idea. This could be used for a genjutsu,
such as having the target see everything as frozen around them.
They will be able to move around in this illusion, while in reality their body is stock still.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:17:26 by mamita »

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: My idea for a time manipulation jutsu
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 09:47:54 »
I disagree with the idea because it involves lag. I don't think anyone should have to go through real-time connection delay for the sake of a jutsu, it makes things unfair. However I respect your idea, but unfortunately you do not have my support.

Edit:
The idea for a genjutsu is not that bad. It makes a lot of sense, and the victim will be really clueless if they fall for the illusion without having any idea of what's going on.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:49:28 by Snoopy »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 13:28:04 »
I disagree with the idea because it involves lag. I don't think anyone should have to go through real-time connection delay for the sake of a jutsu, it makes things unfair. However I respect your idea, but unfortunately you do not have my support.

Edit:
The idea for a genjutsu is not that bad. It makes a lot of sense, and the victim will be really clueless if they fall for the illusion without having any idea of what's going on.

I agree with snoopy. I hate lag having experienced it a lot but I do think it will maker a killer genjutsu. Tbh it will be an amazing genjutsu seeing as the victim is not even aware he fell for it.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 19:42:19 »
Genjutsu yes, lag involved speed boost no.

Time manipulation should just involve short/long boost of increased max speed. (Short bursts of increased max speed cap would seem like short tp, like minato) or teleportation jutsu (these would just place you somewhere else and used for fast travel rather than combat. Takes time and lotta chakra).

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 20:05:00 »
I still say the naruto way is best. Time manipulation actually falls under the skill set of Fuinjutsu. A summoning formula is placed in an item and the jutsu reverse summons the person who infused there chakra in to the formula.

I agree is should be a forbidden jutsu as the summoning this way is unbalanced because it is done remotely so damage is taken.

Summoning is a Fuinjutsu skill as well.
The formula type is known as "Space-Time"
Formula.

The 3 formula types in naruto were
Space-time
Sealing
And
Barrier
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 21:12:53 by NinjaMirage »

Offline JukeBlook

• Academy Student Poster
  • JukeBlook has no influence.
  • Whats Up?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

• Organization: Heathen

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 20:54:36 »
I agree with the time manipulation, but the lag is kind of a set back maybe a dome where people are slowed down in?
  • Character Name: 1:Juke Yazamaki  2:Yasu Kottatsuki
Try not slow me down! *Poof*

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 21:03:06 »
I agree with the time manipulation, but the lag is kind of a set back maybe a dome where people are slowed down in?

This would be a space time barrier.
A trap that is pre set up with Tags
With space-time formulas on them.

Offline JukeBlook

• Academy Student Poster
  • JukeBlook has no influence.
  • Whats Up?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

• Organization: Heathen

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 21:05:39 »
hmm yeah I understand maybe user specific stuff so only the person who the Jutsu is put on is affected
  • Character Name: 1:Juke Yazamaki  2:Yasu Kottatsuki
Try not slow me down! *Poof*

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 21:08:33 »
hmm yeah I understand maybe user specific stuff so only the person who the Jutsu is put on is affected
Posabley only that level of control would suppose a high level jutsu.
At first anyone in the perimeter the tags create would be effected.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 03:41:50 »

Edit:

I agree with snoopy. I hate lag having experienced it a lot but I do think it will maker a killer genjutsu. Tbh it will be an amazing genjutsu seeing as the victim is not even aware he fell for it.

I think this was only ever designed to be a Genjutsu, I fail to see how it would work as anything else.

As for describing it as lag, I don't particularly agree with that. Lag implies slow connection, whereas in this Genjutsu, everything EXCEPT the user will be moving at normal speed. So instead of the traditional image of lag where everything is slowed, it will appear as if only the target is being slowed down and everything else (the birds, the trees, people running/dabbing in the background will remain at constant speed)
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline el polako

• Academy Student Poster
  • el polako has no influence.
  • E L # P O L A K O
    • View Profile
    • Check My Song's on Soundcloud !
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 07:06:00 »
Brillant idea for me man , Good job , That type of the things should be in the game.

Some how or at least little bit , our characters should be the same to characters from the anime.
I would like to see the paralizing jutsus on someone during the Team Fight's , Team Mission's .
I'm addicted to hard strong team play . To create your own Shinobi to might be like even close to Shikamaru will be extreme hard to be. The person who will want to be that type of Shinobi will be a maniac.
Not to many people in the games dont want to play someone like Shikamaru.
There will be only group of people who would be even challenging with our selfs to prove whos the best in that shit ! . 
That type of Shinobi is even important for me because  to be responsible for slowing down the opponents for your own team after Team Mission's
or Escapeing from the place or maybe chasing the rivals ?

(online team's for who ever will want to be in that team will have to pass some sort of the test's , someone from the SLO Stuff should be rensponsible for doing the missions or exams or team fight's and we can even say little bit be for us like a teacher to fully feel that biutiful world where we will be , i found that server today , first i watched all of the Dev Blog's , and seriously Whatasnipe seriously that was so nice to readarticule like this. I felt in fiew min's like i was reading seriously some sort of magazins about Upcoming games in 2016-2017 . So seriously good job Whatasnipe and keep doing this thing !  ;D with every second's that i was reading this i was thinking about " Jesus that's seriously good shit , that game will be awesome , and that's still beta , but i can't try to feel that how i will be feel when i will play in Alpha and i will stand on the middle of the forest , and nothing but a sand road . Im seriosuly beliving in yous guys and in that project that game will be a special one , f***k the new GTA if i can be a shinobi in SLO i can go to missions with my friendls online , do things that i always wanted to , and Stuff will make all the time some sort of "Good and Bad Day's for our Gakure" .
activities such of nothing bad was making for Stuff every week or something .)

Coming back to what i was saying before my "little bit of my vision in this game" obviously that part of the articule was killing me , i thought that he won't make something more cool that what i was actually saw fiew min's ago . For me when i read them all straight away , That part of the articule was something like "and now at the end fiew things that Vreq always did as well ....... Vreq your job will have seriously a lot , to say in that game , For the most awesome stuff you will be responsible.. With every blog you was making me thinking what kind off crazy idea you will have in next one and i can't wait to see what did you do for the game .. You're seriously one of the best's Game's Graphic Designer's i ever saw. Every single detail's are in correct place , just like should be , but with every single one more Blog you are better, Seriously Vreq don't stop that machine , just keep going , open your self completly and let your imagination for the world in game be more beautiful. To be honest with you's i only found that server today but you's impressed me that much that i will only thinking about when it's will be ready .  :'( :'( :'(
  • Character Name: el polako

Offline takami

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • takami has no influence.
  • ↑↑↑
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 12:35:54 »
I like your idea of genjutus, but it would be too OP even if it lasted only 10 seconds ... might invent a release jutsu (composed type 5 signs with his hands) for free from the genjutsu. so if the player realizes he's in a genjutsu he can free, otherwise he dies.

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 17:45:07 »
I like your idea of genjutus, but it would be too OP even if it lasted only 10 seconds ... might invent a release jutsu (composed type 5 signs with his hands) for free from the genjutsu. so if the player realizes he's in a genjutsu he can free, otherwise he dies.
being a genjutsu it would be mostly nonlethal. Any damage will be as a result of being attacked while caught in the jutsu. Of course it is a bit OP so it necessarily must have drawbacks.
First..it will be an extremely high level jutsu(after all the victim is not aware he is trapped) and will require a high level of chakra control by players who are already at the peak of their powers. Something like a trump card.
Secondly...it will be chakra draining depending on how long the caster holds it. It should be a kind of jutsu which if it fails after it has been cast will leave the caster very vulnerable.
Thirdly...a shinobi of equal or greater chakra control who notices an anomaly and realizes he is caught should of course be able to break the jutsu using a seal/technique only someone of such calibre can correctly manipulate.
Personally I like the idea of the genjutsu and I would really love to see how it can be implemented.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Manuster

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 02:59:17 »

Maybe not 10 seconds, maybe 5, it's still up for confirmation, I feel like you're forgetting that the user will be as equally slowed for the same amount of time.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent