Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 66007
Latest: Margaretypf
New This Month: 1528
New This Week: 334
New Today: 128
Stats
Total Posts: 80461
Total Topics: 24480
Most Online Today: 1301
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 38
Guests: 1128
Total: 1174

Author Topic: In combat maximum speed  (Read 25625 times)

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
Re: In combat maximum speed
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 20:30:23 »
My statement still stands.

It's a realistic simulation.
Realistic simulation.
Realistic.
Real

gg wreckd
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 20:33:52 »

It's a realism simulation.
Realism simulation.
Realism.
Real

gg wreckd
Okay. I stand down, you put me into

• Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Raenir has no influence.
  • Recruiting for Kurohasu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 21:13:04 »

Realistic simulation.
Realistic.
Real

gg wreckd

It's a realistic simulation of NARUTO. Not everyday life. Secondly, just because you are close to death doesn't mean your legs suddenly lose functionality. You can still move around. Maybe you wont be running, but even in real life, since you seem to be pretty hooked on "Realistic", you aren't moving 1 km/h. If you get stabbed in the stomach you're going to move as fast as you can. I think it is more unrealistic to move almost close to 0 just because your HP is low. Lastly for a game based off of skill, it would be stupid for someone to be killed by the fact that they can't move more than 1 km/h.
  • Character Name: Yoru Kusemono

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 21:27:17 »

Realistic simulation.
Realistic.
Real

gg wreckd

It's a realistic simulation of NARUTO. Not everyday life. Secondly, just because you are close to death doesn't mean your legs suddenly lose functionality. You can still move around. Maybe you wont be running, but even in real life, since you seem to be pretty hooked on "Realistic", you aren't moving 1 km/h. If you get stabbed in the stomach you're going to move as fast as you can. I think it is more unrealistic to move almost close to 0 just because your HP is low. Lastly for a game based off of skill, it would be stupid for someone to be killed by the fact that they can't move more than 1 km/h.

Yeah, Danzo sprinted the fuck away like he was doing a 100 meter race.

Motherfucker booked it like someone was trying to steal his fried chicken.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 21:36:13 by America »
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 21:38:41 »
LOOOOOL
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 22:06:51 »

Realistic simulation.
Realistic.
Real

gg wreckd

Yup. You're clearly ignorant on the topic. If you get stabbed in the stomach, depending on the length of the blade, two things will happen. Firstly, if the blade is short like most knives are when it comes to stabbing, you're right. You will be able to run away with blood coming from your probably lethal wound. If it's long enough, you most likely -will- die pretty quickly. If you die, you can't move.

When I say below 5% health, that means you are PRETTY MUCH DEAD. Not DYING. This means that you are past the point of just being stabbed with a knife. THIS MEANS YOU ARE ALMOST DEAD. If you are PRETTY MUCH DEAD, NO YOU CANNOT MOVE. After fighting a fight with blades and LETHAL ABILITIES you will not be able to move. You'd be bleeding out, internal bleeding... The physical abuse put on your body after fighting would simply be too much and you simply would not be able to move, if hardly at all.

Your statement is completely off the mark and illogical. And for a game based off of skill, if you reach the point of almost dead then your opponent is more skillful than you, you're going to lose anyways.

Just because the game is being based off of the Naruto Universe doesn't mean it's going to be unrealistic like Naruto is. It is a REALISTIC SIMULATION. End of discussion.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 22:13:02 by Xendrus... ~Nerd »

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 22:43:35 »

Realistic simulation.
Realistic.
Real

gg wreckd

Yup. You're clearly ignorant on the topic. If you get stabbed in the stomach, depending on the length of the blade, two things will happen. Firstly, if the blade is short like most knives are when it comes to stabbing, you're right. You will be able to run away with blood coming from your probably lethal wound. If it's long enough, you most likely -will- die pretty quickly. If you die, you can't move.

When I say below 5% health, that means you are PRETTY MUCH DEAD. Not DYING. This means that you are past the point of just being stabbed with a knife. THIS MEANS YOU ARE ALMOST DEAD. If you are PRETTY MUCH DEAD, NO YOU CANNOT MOVE. After fighting a fight with blades and LETHAL ABILITIES you will not be able to move. You'd be bleeding out, internal bleeding... The physical abuse put on your body after fighting would simply be too much and you simply would not be able to move, if hardly at all.

Your statement is completely off the mark and illogical. And for a game based off of skill, if you reach the point of almost dead then your opponent is more skillful than you, you're going to lose anyways.

Just because the game is being based off of the Naruto Universe doesn't mean it's going to be unrealistic like Naruto is. It is a REALISTIC SIMULATION. End of discussion.

If there is no point to the last 5% of your HP, why even have it? If your HP is greater than 0, no matter how "PRETTY MUCH DEAD" you are, you are still ALIVE. If we are going by your "realistic" notions then i guess why even have HP? We are all going to die in one well placed hit because according to you "that's realistic". 

And how is the length of the blade a determinant of lethality? It really comes down to where you get stabbed. If you get stabbed in the arm with a 4 inch knife, or a 2 foot sword it doesn't matter how long the blade is. You got stabbed in the arm. You probably wont die. If you get stabbed in somewhere where you would die, ie your heart or something, then you're going to die no matter what. I think we can all assume at this point anyways, there will not be a system to identify where sword/kunai hits are landing on the body.

Your statement about being shot by a sniper is completely irrelevant to what i stated. My statement entails that if you are slowed to the point of no longer being able to move, then it obviously wouldn't require much skill to finish you off. I honestly don't see how your sniper statement ties into that whatsoever.

Lastly, whether it is based off of Naruto (which is an anime series, not real life and the game totally is), or a "REALISTIC SIMULATION", it is still a game and will of course have some "unrealistic" aspects to it. So if you wish for a completely realistic simulation, before insulting me and my post, maybe you can take a step outside of your house for once. Then you'll have your completely realistic world :)

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 23:02:09 »
If there is no point to the last 5% of your HP, why even have it? If your HP is greater than 0, no matter how "PRETTY MUCH DEAD" you are, you are still ALIVE. If we are going by your "realistic" notions then i guess why even have HP? We are all going to die in one well placed hit because according to you "that's realistic". 

And how is the length of the blade a determinant of lethality? It really comes down to where you get stabbed. If you get stabbed in the arm with a 4 inch knife, or a 2 foot sword it doesn't matter how long the blade is. You got stabbed in the arm. You probably wont die. If you get stabbed in somewhere where you would die, ie your heart or something, then you're going to die no matter what. I think we can all assume at this point anyways, there will not be a system to identify where sword/kunai hits are landing on the body.

Your statement about being shot by a sniper is completely irrelevant to what i stated. My statement entails that if you are slowed to the point of no longer being able to move, then it obviously wouldn't require much skill to finish you off. I honestly don't see how your sniper statement ties into that whatsoever.

Lastly, whether it is based off of Naruto (which is an anime series, not real life and the game totally is), or a "REALISTIC SIMULATION", it is still a game and will of course have some "unrealistic" aspects to it. So if you wish for a completely realistic simulation, before insulting me and my post, maybe you can take a step outside of your house for once. Then you'll have your completely realistic world :)

First off, <=5% will be in the game because it's been decided that the game will have a health meter. Just because you're STILL ALIVE, doesn't mean you have the capabilities to MOVE. Get this through your thick skull because it's a fact of life. If you're almost dead you can hardly move, if at all, and that's the end of it.

Secondly, my stabbing statements were towards the torso, in general areas such as the abdomen. In which case the length of the blade DOES INDEED DETERMINE LETHALITY. Also, if you were to be stabbed by a 4 inch knife vs a 2 foot sword, the effects would indeed be much different.

There is no statement about a sniper so maybe you should get the salt out of your eyes and read my statement to its entirety.

If you are whittled down to less then 5% or whatever, then you are at the point of practically being dead. When you are practically dead you cannot move. Period. The unrealistic aspects should be placed in areas that are more difficult/impossible to make realistic, this is very much do-able, and very much realistic. It goes with the game perfectly, as well as this thread's topic about combat speed where as your snarky, ignorant comments are not.

Get the salt out of your system before you respond, granted you shouldn't since you're spamming this thread with your unrelatable and just plain rude replies.

In contradiction to what I have said: Ignorance is ugly my friend. Maybe you should go read informational books instead of this thread.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 23:07:20 by Xendrus... ~Nerd »

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 23:02:30 »
My statement entails that if you are slowed to the point of no longer being able to move, then it obviously wouldn't require much skill to finish you off.
If one was skilled enough to bring your HP down to that level, while also keeping his above a certain limit, it means he would have been certainly skilled enough to finish you off anyways. If he lets you go and you run into an unskilled who won't hesitate to finish you off then bad luck Brian. It makes no sense whatsoever for you to keep your vitality even after you've been demolished in battle and left in a moving vegetable state.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 23:08:34 »

But seriously, I agree with Raenir. You're not dead till you're dead.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 23:24:44 »
Good job editing out the sniper part :) I see you understand the basics of using a forum. I see most of your argument is embedded in trying to insult me. If you cannot reply without the use of insults then I don't see you holding a very stable position in this argument. I was only rude when you began to insult me and my post. So please reread your posts. If you wish for a more realistic game than please by all means go buy and download Sims 3. My comments about the movement speed of shinobi's are obviously unrelated to the "In combat maximum speed" topic board. Please stop trying to flame with information that is incorrect and misdirected. You are indeed making yourself look like a fool.

@Marius If they are skilled enough to kill you, then why even have a scenario in which you can no longer move? They are apparently capable of killing you off by being more skilled than you. So what happens if you both reach 5%? Are you both to sit there "practically dead" until some stranger so happens to stroll past your unmoving bodies? What if you all are evenly matched and one person is at 6% and the other at 5%? Is it fair for one of you to just suddenly lose all movement so the person with 6% can finish you off?

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 23:27:21 »
@Marius If they are skilled enough to kill you, then why even have a scenario in which you can no longer move? They are apparently capable of killing you off by being more skilled than you. So what happens if you both reach 5%? Are you both to sit there "practically dead" until some stranger so happens to stroll past your unmoving bodies? What if you all are evenly matched and one person is at 6% and the other at 5%? Is it fair for one of you to just suddenly lose all movement so the person with 6% can finish you off?
It is absolutely fair. He just outplayed you in the end. /story
And do not create scenarios like that one, I clearly said:

while also keeping his above a certain limit

while also keeping his above a certain limit

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 23:31:27 »
I did not say you didn't. I wasn't try to override your scenario. I was just posing my own scenario. Not in rebuttal to yours, but as its own independent question. And by no means do you have to, but you did not address my first question to you.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 23:33:14 »
Good job editing out the sniper part :) I see you understand the basics of using a forum. I see most of your argument is embedded in trying to insult me. If you cannot reply without the use of insults then I don't see you holding a very stable position in this argument. I was only rude when you began to insult me and my post. So please reread your posts. If you wish for a more realistic game than please by all means go buy and download Sims 3. My comments about the movement speed of shinobi's are obviously unrelated to the "In combat maximum speed" topic board. Please stop trying to flame with information that is incorrect and misdirected. You are indeed making yourself look like a fool.

The only "insult" I stated was calling you ignorant on a topic you are ignorant on. Also, there was no "edit out". Once you quote my post it is unchangeable, even if I modify it the quote stays the same.
Simply enough, there wasn't a sniper statement period. None of my information has been incorrect or misdirected in any way. When I say your irrelevant posts I am talking about your futile and embarrassing insults directed towards me. Also, there will always be points in time where damage will put you below this threshold, not always killing you. Infinite number of chances and scenarios.

As you try to insult me some more with your immature ways I will restate what I already have. When you get to a certain point in your health, you should barely, if at all, be able to move about. This is realistic and fits perfectly for the game, and this thread, seeing as though the game is a realistic simulation of the Naruto Universe. The thread was created as a suggestion to make the game more realistic by changing the speed in combat and later suggested to change the speed based off of health. In fact, you even began the suggestion!

In the end you can say I am the one making myself look like a fool, but let's not forget the fact you misread? my post about a sniper. Don't even know how you managed to pull that out of your ass of tricks, but you also created a new troll  thread. Classic move. Continue to wallow in your ignorance, arrogance and mostly salt. Keep embarrassing yourself with your immature antics, it's quite humorous.

:)

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 23:34:09 »
I did not say you didn't. I wasn't try to override your scenario. I was just posing my own scenario. Not in rebuttal to yours, but as its own independent question. And by no means do you have to, but you did not address my first question to you.
And still, 6>5. It's competitive gaming, if one outplays you even by a small margin, it's end game. Simple as that.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
FrankJScott
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova