Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 20
Stats
Total Posts: 73936
Total Topics: 20784
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 769
Total: 780
Marinamog
Marinaaxh
Google (9)

Author Topic: SLO Social Media Manager/Lore Writer Position  (Read 23771 times)

Offline Manuster

Re: SLO Social Media Manager/Lore Writer Position
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 10:45:58 »
Maybe a competition could be held for lore writer position.

Oh yes please.
I would absolutely love that.

•  Optional - Writing lore/backstory for SLO (locations, characters, mythos etc) – however this is NOT a requirement for this role if you would prefer not to

Would it be possible to apply for the role of Lore Writer?

I would have applied as the Social Media Manager but I have 0 experience on Photoshop and no desire to learn.

Actually curious about this as well.

I to am curious about this.

As am I.

As am me.

and you can all be my assistants. :)
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 23:10:16 »

•  Optional - Writing lore/backstory for SLO (locations, characters, mythos etc) – however this is NOT a requirement for this role if you would prefer not to

I would have applied as the Social Media Manager but I have 0 experience on Photoshop and no desire to learn.

We currently don't have any real need for a specific lore writer, a lore writer will only really be required post 1.2.0 and Kickstarter. The most we 'need' right now are small descriptions on each village and their relationship to the other villages, and although I wouldn't be against someone developing the lore of the game further, there are far better uses of said persons’ time and English skills on things like the dev blog and management of our social media- hence why I opened this position rather than a lore writers position. And although I am sure in the future, when it is needed, we will open up such a position to members of the community, I am immediately put off by your attitude. The lack of the skill is not what I have a problem with, that can be learnt, it is the fact that you have ‘no desire to learn’ whatsoever – those kind of ideals are simply not suited to an indie dev team the size of ours, or any ‘team’ really. Every dev on this team has had to learn different skills and take on different roles then they would ideally like to, for the good of the team and the project. I had no particular ‘desire’ to even start the dev blogs in the first place but I thought it would be beneficial both for us to get our work quality out there to draw in new supporters and team members and for the community to get a further insight into our developments, so I did it. In the same way if you watched a 15-minute tutorial on the basic aspects of Photoshop alongside guidance from me you could have a very positive impact for the game and would still have the chance to work on the games lore. That being said, and to reiterate, we will not be opening a ‘lore writer only’ position, if you want to be on this team, you will have to work for it, and perhaps not do exactly what you want to do at all times, but instead learn and evolve knowing that everything you do both will benefit the project and your own skillset.

Thanks and keep applying people, still got some time before i start selecting people to move onto the next stage :)
  • Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline waly206

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 02:04:14 »
Cool!!!!!!!
  • Character Name: Toichi Tsukegami

Offline adithya

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 04:36:08 »
Is there anything that says photoshop is required? I don't think I've seen anything that suggests that. And if the skills required are photoshop and a sample of my writing, I pray you check the new PM i will be sending you @EternalEyes

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 06:35:19 »
I do wish I could apply for this position, as I can write well if need be.
And I would love the chance to write lore for SLO :D
However, I have little to no experience in photoshop (To tell you the truth,
I've never even used it before) and although I could learn,
I might not be able to get on the net every day to contribute my work.
I've never actually had a job as of yet, and I'm a bit too young to
fly to Germany xD. I also don't really know that much at all about what was going on
at SLO before I joined...I believe Adithya would be a good fit for this position, given
the fact that he's been here since the very beginning.
I'm also sort of lazy, and might not be able to hold onto this position for long.
I really wish I could, but I do not believe I'm qualified enough to reliably
be trusted with this duty. Good luck to anyone fortunate enough to be recruited.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 17:20:00 »
Good luck to anyone fortunate enough to be recruited.

--Was all that you had to write there Mamita.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline taigakun

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 14:39:09 »
Good luck to anyone fortunate enough to be recruited.

--Was all that you had to write there Mamita.
lmao haha

Offline Manuster

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 19:56:01 »

We currently don't have any real need for a specific lore writer, a lore writer will only really be required post 1.2.0 and Kickstarter. The most we 'need' right now are small descriptions on each village and their relationship to the other villages, and although I wouldn't be against someone developing the lore of the game further, there are far better uses of said persons’ time and English skills on things like the dev blog and management of our social media- hence why I opened this position rather than a lore writers position. And although I am sure in the future, when it is needed, we will open up such a position to members of the community, I am immediately put off by your attitude. The lack of the skill is not what I have a problem with, that can be learnt, it is the fact that you have ‘no desire to learn’ whatsoever – those kind of ideals are simply not suited to an indie dev team the size of ours, or any ‘team’ really. Every dev on this team has had to learn different skills and take on different roles then they would ideally like to, for the good of the team and the project. I had no particular ‘desire’ to even start the dev blogs in the first place but I thought it would be beneficial both for us to get our work quality out there to draw in new supporters and team members and for the community to get a further insight into our developments, so I did it. In the same way if you watched a 15-minute tutorial on the basic aspects of Photoshop alongside guidance from me you could have a very positive impact for the game and would still have the chance to work on the games lore. That being said, and to reiterate, we will not be opening a ‘lore writer only’ position, if you want to be on this team, you will have to work for it, and perhaps not do exactly what you want to do at all times, but instead learn and evolve knowing that everything you do both will benefit the project and your own skillset.

Thanks and keep applying people, still got some time before i start selecting people to move onto the next stage :)

Sorry for the late reply, I listened to your advice and took it upon myself to watch several Photoshop tutorial videos. I must admit that I do still have slight trouble with certain functions but I have made fair progress.

I didn't want to align myself with anything to do with photoshop/picture editing due to my seriously lacking artistic ability, lack of internet at home and new college timetable. Not to mention the freelance writing I have backed up. However I would be prepared to step outside my comfort zone and make time if it means I could make a contribution - however minimal - to this project.

I do admit that I was rather immature in my dismissal of the role however I didn't do it out of a lack of interest/respect but rather the fact that I genuinely thought that someone else would have been able to make a better input than me in regards of photoshop. After all we do already have several individuals who design pictures for the fun of it.

However, if it means that I would get to be the lore writer, I am ready to overcome my natural disinterests and earn my place on the team.

Thank you for your advisory words, they were much appreciated; I hope I am still in consideration for this role.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 10:28:35 »

Sorry for the late reply, I listened to your advice and took it upon myself to watch several Photoshop tutorial videos. I must admit that I do still have slight trouble with certain functions but I have made fair progress.

I didn't want to align myself with anything to do with photoshop/picture editing due to my seriously lacking artistic ability, lack of internet at home and new college timetable. Not to mention the freelance writing I have backed up. However I would be prepared to step outside my comfort zone and make time if it means I could make a contribution - however minimal - to this project.

I do admit that I was rather immature in my dismissal of the role however I didn't do it out of a lack of interest/respect but rather the fact that I genuinely thought that someone else would have been able to make a better input than me in regards of photoshop. After all we do already have several individuals who design pictures for the fun of it.

However, if it means that I would get to be the lore writer, I am ready to overcome my natural disinterests and earn my place on the team.

Thank you for your advisory words, they were much appreciated; I hope I am still in consideration for this role.
I'm afraid that the bad first impression you gave us no longer makes you eligible for this role against better candidates that do have a desire to learn and take on new things without us having to tell them. Bad first impressions will do that for you, not just here at SLO but at most other fields of life. The first impression you give is extremely important, because after all you are only an option in this world and why would anyone take a risk with you when they can get someone else, keep that in mind.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Chunin Poster
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 21:49:28 »
Congratulations to @Whatasnipe, @Malix, and @Snoopy  - you have made it to the next round of the Social Media Manager application contest. You will be contacted shortly on the details of the next round :) To the applicants who didnt make it, we may do similar contests like these in the future when its needed, so until then, keep practicing and improving!
  • Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 22:45:46 »
So Malix, a guy who has never posted nor got involved in the community gets through consideration to manage the social aspects of the game.
The social media manager should be in touch with the community and I'm afraid I don't think this guy is.
I'd like to see you come on man or get involved a bit, as to me if someone isn't part of the community why should they have a role which could lead to managing it?

That aside, good luck to all of you

I'm rooting for Whatasnipe as I feel he'd be a brilliant pick for the team, and if I knew he was interested I would have said the same from the start.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 22:50:27 »
So Malix, a guy who has never posted nor got involved in the community gets through consideration to manage the social aspects of the game.
The social media manager should be in touch with the community and I'm afraid I don't think this guy is.
I'd like to see you come on man or get involved a bit, as to me if someone isn't part of the community why should they have a role which could lead to managing it?

I'm rooting for Whatasnipe as I feel he'd be a brilliant pick for the team, and if I knew he was interested I would have said the same from the start.
Firstly it's not community manager, it's social media manager which basically means someone who posts stuff to our social media about updates. Second, someone who is involved as you say is preferred, however the most important criteria of this position is still being a great writer and knowing your way around editing programs like Photoshop.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 22:54:15 »

I was also curious about Malix. Surprised he even bothered applying with such inactivity.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 23:01:06 »

Firstly it's not community manager, it's social media manager which basically means someone who posts stuff to our social media about updates. Second, someone who is involved as you say is preferred, however the most important criteria of this position is still being a great writer and knowing your way around editing programs like Photoshop.

He registered 10 days ago.
Don't want to make assumptions but does he really even know about the project?
I'm aware that being a part of the community is not a requirement but if you've only been here 10 days do you really know enough about the project to write about it?

Though, I get your point. If someone knows photoshop and can write well it's easy to learn about the game.
Just felt it would be a bit disappointing for someone who'd never made an effort for the game beforehand to be given a role in the team.
Though, on the other hand he hasn't been here very long so he hasn't had that large of a time slot to make that effort.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Malix

• Social Media Manager
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Malix has no influence.
  • I write stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 01:17:32 »
Hey all,

I just wanted say a couple of things to hopefully alleviate some tension.  First of all I'm grateful for being considered for the position and I look forward to the next step in the process. 

Secondly and more importantly, I understand that I haven't been here long and did not hide this fact in my application.  The truth of the matter is I simply did not know about SLO until very recently and since then I've checked the forums every day.  Having said that, I do have some good experience the software development and writing as well as a healthy love for Naruto/ninjas which I can only presume is at least partially what led me to the next stage of applications.

Now I understand that many people feel that long time members of the community should be more favoured for these types of positions and I am more than aware that this is a very tight-knit community of followers and friends. Still I do feel I have the necessary qualifications for the job and at the end of the day, regardless if I'm chosen or not, I will continue to follow and support this game now that I've found it  :).

Really, as long as the best person for the position gets it I'll be satisfied :D
  • Character Name: Keizo Akira

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent