Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64466
Latest: valtrex india
New This Month: 335
New This Week: 11
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 76813
Total Topics: 22352
Most Online Today: 1164
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1138
Total: 1152
Bogdanrqx
EdithSoure
Vikiaoi
Veronarwx
Irinvwo
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Jutsu input  (Read 16027 times)

Offline Summerwine

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Summerwine has no influence.
    • View Profile
Jutsu input
« on: May 21, 2013, 03:20:58 »
I really good way of allowing multiple jutsu is using the number pad. For example, 2385 = multi shadow clone or 192367 = rasengan. The high level the jutsu, the more numbers you have to memorize.

Though you might want to put a time limit on number input, it's only logical :P

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Jutsu input
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 12:16:21 »
Actually, seals on Shinobi Life Online were originally programmed to the numeric keypad. Why did I change it? Because when you use the numeric keypad, certain buttons shut down. This causes all kinds of unwanted twerks in-game.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Summerwine

• Academy Student Poster
  • Summerwine has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 14:05:36 »
Actually, seals on Shinobi Life Online were originally programmed to the numeric keypad. Why did I change it? Because when you use the numeric keypad, certain buttons shut down. This causes all kinds of unwanted twerks in-game.
What do you mean certain numbers shut down? Are you sure you just weren't hitting the num lock key?

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 20:19:31 »
What do you mean certain numbers shut down? Are you sure you just weren't hitting the num lock key?
No lol, no accidental numlock hits. Here's an example: If you press and hold shift, pressing a key from the keypad disabled that shift temporarily. Not only that, the numeric key does not get registered as pressed. Therefore running and doing a seal results in the character just walking and nothing more.

By using letters on the keyboard, this problem does not occur. It's not that bad.

T Y U I O P
G H J
V B N

Those are the keys that will be linked to the seals. They work both for Azerty and Qwerty.

1. bird T
2. boar Y
3. dog U

4. dragon G
5. ox H
6. tiger J

7. snake V
8. rat B
9. horse N

10. monkey I
11. hare O
12. ram P

That's ^ an official list of how the seals will look on the keyboard.

Offline RockSauron

• Academy Student Poster
  • RockSauron has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 20:38:20 »
Ah, I was about to make a thread about this exact topic. Oh well, carry on :p

Offline Shinobi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Shinobi has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 20:04:51 »
I don't mind using keys at all.

Offline adithya

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 18:15:22 »
This is a reply to the person who said that there needs to be a time limit for jutsu inputting, im sure that the time limit will be a nice challenge for some people but for most people it is pretty hard to remember the buttons.Instead we could have a general button for a genuine attack then the time will slow down and the buttons that need to be pressed will appear on the screen and the slow motion should have a time limit. The buttons should be inputted b4 the time ends.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 14:44:35 »
This is a reply to the person who said that there needs to be a time limit for jutsu inputting, im sure that the time limit will be a nice challenge for some people but for most people it is pretty hard to remember the buttons.Instead we could have a general button for a genuine attack then the time will slow down and the buttons that need to be pressed will appear on the screen and the slow motion should have a time limit. The buttons should be inputted b4 the time ends.
Since the game's focus is multiplayer, we can't do slow motions. You'll just have to memorize the hand seals, just like a shinobi would have to in the Naruto universe. But don't worry, jutsus won't be easy to master. Therefore, you won't get a huge combo list to memorize right in the beginning. One can only master a couple of jutsus in their lifetime, and it won't happen all at once. Once you mastered all possible jutsus for your character, you'll probably know the seals like your own birtday.

Offline adithya

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 16:52:59 »
Since the game's focus is multiplayer, we can't do slow motions. You'll just have to memorize the hand seals, just like a shinobi would have to in the Naruto universe. But don't worry, jutsus won't be easy to master. Therefore, you won't get a huge combo list to memorize right in the beginning. One can only master a couple of jutsus in their lifetime, and it won't happen all at once. Once you mastered all possible jutsus for your character, you'll probably know the seals like your own birtday.

Well i trust you... you are the creator.....

Offline adithya

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 17:22:47 »
hey umm another question. while doing the lightning blade, i noticed that he creates the jutsu with much ease.I find that odd because lightning blade is a pretty power technique. The jutsu needs time to get prepared while a blue colored wind surrounds the ground but i can see that this is a game so if you could just let him charge the jutsu for a second or two, it would be much more narutoistic. Just saying......

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 21:24:02 »
hey umm another question. while doing the lightning blade, i noticed that he creates the jutsu with much ease.I find that odd because lightning blade is a pretty power technique. The jutsu needs time to get prepared while a blue colored wind surrounds the ground but i can see that this is a game so if you could just let him charge the jutsu for a second or two, it would be much more narutoistic. Just saying......
Thanks, I'll take that into account :) But next time you have an idea, just create a new topic about it. ;)

Offline adithya

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 11:04:05 »
Thanks, I'll take that into account :) But next time you have an idea, just create a new topic about it. ;)
Okay.Will do and thanks.