Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64323
Latest: Kuzim
New This Month: 192
New This Week: 28
New Today: 16
Stats
Total Posts: 75323
Total Topics: 21301
Most Online Today: 844
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 801
Total: 814

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 520993 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: General discussion
« Reply #1605 on: May 02, 2017, 14:47:57 »
How can someone using large text annoy you? Remi doesn't care about minor things like these as they're not a big deal, how on earth will that make him a bad kage. Stop getting triggered by everything and being so supercilious @StriderOtaku @Blazefp
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #1606 on: May 02, 2017, 19:01:52 »
How can someone using large text annoy you? Remi doesn't care about minor things like these as they're not a big deal, how on earth will that make him a bad kage. Stop getting triggered by everything and being so supercilious @StriderOtaku @Blazefp
Supercilious? no. I just find the troll posts and unnecessary use caps extremely annoying and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. But, I can't do anything about it so..you do you.
Whether Reminance will be a good leader or not has nothing to do with my initial statement and is really not my concern.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Blazefp has no influence.
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 02, 2017, 21:32:46 »

Because it fills up most of the screen on my phone and makes me switch lines every 2nd word. More scrolling and higher chance of missing a line. Plus I keep reading it as someone is screaming at me which is annoying by itself.

His personal opinion on these quarrels is exactly part of the work of a kage, solving disputes from the people that don't really go against any law. His reaction was quite self explanatory on that end and didn't solve anything. But yeah I was overstating on purpose, this doesn't mean he'll be a terrible kage, just that imo he should listen to everyone before discarding a "problem"
  • Character Name: Blazefp

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 02, 2017, 21:33:32 »
Supercilious? no. I just find the troll posts and unnecessary use caps extremely annoying and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. But, I can't do anything about it so..you do you.
Whether Reminance will be a good leader or not has nothing to do with my initial statement and is really not my concern.
Indeed none of your concern :p
Although i am allowed to give my opinion, everybody is but that has nothing to do with my leadership skills.
Last part isn't really directed towards you though but just throwing it out there for the other people.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #1609 on: May 03, 2017, 12:05:47 »

Because it fills up most of the screen on my phone and makes me switch lines every 2nd word. More scrolling and higher chance of missing a line. Plus I keep reading it as someone is screaming at me which is annoying by itself.

His personal opinion on these quarrels is exactly part of the work of a kage, solving disputes from the people that don't really go against any law. His reaction was quite self explanatory on that end and didn't solve anything. But yeah I was overstating on purpose, this doesn't mean he'll be a terrible kage, just that imo he should listen to everyone before discarding a "problem"

If you can't read the text on your phone, don't read it at all. Wait to get to a PC. Surely it shouldn't take much brain power to figure that out.

As for what you said about how it determine Remi's capability as a Kage? Lol@You. Do you see Kages mediate children arguing about childish things in Naruto? No. Because it isn't their job. I mean, if it is their kid it is a different story, but you get the idea.

A village leader doesn't sit around like King Bob on Recess saying which kid is right in each argument they have. (Good for you if you got the reference.)

You sound ridiculous if you ask me. @Blazefp
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 03, 2017, 12:10:38 »

Glad i didn't

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #1611 on: May 03, 2017, 12:13:20 »

Glad i didn't
Haha. You're so funny.

• Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline taigakun

« Reply #1612 on: May 03, 2017, 13:40:17 »
Gotta love some quality SLO family time.
I personally do find the big letters thing a bit annoying but you shouldn't flame on someone else because they don't lol. Thats childish. Everyone has a right to their opinions, kage or not. And Remi is right they arent breaking any rules doing that so just turn a blind eye to it i guess.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #1613 on: May 03, 2017, 19:55:01 »
I can't quite comprehend how this personally upsets you guys
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 03, 2017, 23:36:38 »
Sure, my bad. Some people are getting annoyed over a nonsensical choice of font size but hey no rules broken so keep it up right? In fact I don't get annoyed by this so much I'm even gonna encourage it.
Because this is very mature right?

Sorry guys but imo if one person purposely does something that annoys other people (stress on the plural form) for whatever reason and can prevent it at no cost then I don't see why anyone would encourage that behavior, even if I don't get annoyed by it. But hey that's just me  ::)
Also, it's one thing to make fun of it like Mars' been doing which is totally fine imo, quite another to defend it blindly only because it isn't annoying for some people.

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 04, 2017, 00:02:14 »
Sure, my bad. Some people are getting annoyed over a nonsensical choice of font size but hey no rules broken so keep it up right? In fact I don't get annoyed by this so much I'm even gonna encourage it.
Because this is very mature right?

Sorry guys but imo if one person purposely does something that annoys other people (stress on the plural form) for whatever reason and can prevent it at no cost then I don't see why anyone would encourage that behavior, even if I don't get annoyed by it. But hey that's just me  ::)
Also, it's one thing to make fun of it like Mars' been doing which is totally fine imo, quite another to defend it blindly only because it isn't annoying for some people.
I don't care for the big fonts but i know people are doing it on purpose just for the sake of trolling, i get that it can be annoying for people but everybody has a different opinion about it.
They aren't breaking any rules which is just smart trolling ...
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #1616 on: May 04, 2017, 04:29:32 »
Let's take a step back. All of these flaming posts and replies and members beefing with each other all started because .... someone wrote in large font?

*insert hol up meme here*

Everybody here, I (not a very important person), recommend you chill the fuck out. The fact that so many are triggered over such a trivial matter clearly shows the pettiness and short fuse of so many members here. I for one am definitely not an exemplary poster, but i can't help but wonder why these types of arguments happen all the time. Tsunayoshi vs. Tsunagami, this font shit, shitposting, etc etc. They all come from the fact that many posters want to control even the smallest things that people post on this forum, from names to font sizes, or what people post.

Now this isn't the only forum where this happens, but due to its size and interesting set of members, this phenomenon of beefs (the plural of beef, beeves is not used when referring to feuds FYI) is quite common.

Why don't we all myself included take a few tens of minutes to think of wether or not it is worth it to argue over a minuscule matter over the internet on an unfinished Naruto 3DMMORPG game forum. Let's try and think similarly next time we are about to post a scathing reply to someone who pissed us off because they said xD. Is this worth it? Could I be doing something else? Will it change my life if this font is used? Do I have anything else to do I could be doing instead? This is how communities get really toxic. You might say "but lee, the place is already toxic!" I'll say: it is not. I have seen much worse. This place is really not that bad compared to some elitist, snobby and cancerous forums I have come across.

I, a meaningless poster, once again recommend all parties drop this topic. Let somebody post in large if they want. If you are really triggered, report and our good friend Nova will take care of things. Don't make a post: things will escalate it and before you know it your relation with a poster you respected will be ruined for the next few months and they will always have something against you. (Not that it matters that an internet stranger hates the person associated with your username.)

I gotta sleep tho

jk I'm just really retarded trying 2 act kool n shit by using vocabulary we all know beefs and arguments r dope af ni🅱️🅱️a fight fight fight ya bby
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:35:01 by Diamond Lee »
Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 04, 2017, 20:14:33 »
@Diamond Lee You're right, this escalated way more than I expected, my post kinda started it and for that I apologize. Then again it's not like we have much else to do here and I don't really care about relationships on a forum of an unfinished game.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #1618 on: May 04, 2017, 23:33:00 »
They all come from the fact that many posters want to control even the smallest things that people post on this forum, from names to font sizes, or what people post.

I really didnt wanna comment about this

but herp derp i liek dis

+1 postcount
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #1619 on: May 05, 2017, 02:41:01 »
Has anyone commented or speculated about the mechanics for makeing jutsu collide and interact with each other? I added a EV section the the skills and stamina post I made. But I was wondering if there was real info on it?