Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64346
Latest: Zonai_Cat
New This Month: 215
New This Week: 51
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 75580
Total Topics: 21508
Most Online Today: 1151
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 1107
Total: 1122

Author Topic: More ranks  (Read 25355 times)

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Doylo Bushida has no influence.
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hachimitsu
  • Organization: Kuroiakuma
More ranks
« on: March 06, 2016, 18:41:59 »
I searched for new rank discussions but i didnt see any of them :P so maybe i will be first but, naruto classic ranks are from academy student to jounin. I got an idea, if this SLO world what we´re making together is different as naruto´s world, so what if our world has more ranks? some newones yo know, its just an idea but i think it could be interesting...maybe we can make ranks for rogue ninjas, for traitors, or for other possible posts. What do you think? or if there is some discussion about this problem please give me link.
THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!

• Character Name: Jeikobu Hachimitsu
ill do everything for SLO!

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: More ranks
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 18:56:47 »
Good suggestion, I'm sure we can have some additions here and there in terms of ranks. However we should be careful and not overdo it because we'll have too many excess positions.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 18:59:29 by child_emperor »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 19:12:29 »
Dont worry, i dont wanna overdo anything...but take this, theres only 5 ranks for shinobis (kage is one of them) and i dont know, its kinda too little for me...if it will be up to me ranks for ninjas will be up to 15, maybe more yo know :P maybe will be good to open discussion about proffesions you can play in SLO, how many they will be, how many ranks each one will have. I think its simple, or nah?

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 19:38:42 »
I think the system from Naruto is plain and simple, perfect.
Academy student, genin (ge->gedan=inferior level, nin->ninja), chuunin (chu->chudan=medium level, nin->ninja), jonin (jo->jodan=superior level, nin->ninja).
Besides this, the skill ranking system is not really associated with Naruto, there are fields in real life that use the same system, and in my opinion it's representative and effective. (I am referring to E,D,C,B,A,S-class)

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 19:51:34 »
I think the system from Naruto is plain and simple, perfect.
Academy student, genin (ge->gedan=inferior level, nin->ninja), chuunin (chu->chudan=medium level, nin->ninja), jonin (jo->jodan=superior level, nin->ninja).
Besides this, the skill ranking system is not really associated with Naruto, there are fields in real life that use the same system, and in my opinion it's representative and effective. (I am referring to E,D,C,B,A,S-class)
i dont know if i get it right, so you think that E D C B A and S will be something like classes? that maybe youre genin and firstly youre genin E than D, chunnin C than B and jounin A than S? if you think it this way it could be cool and it will be really rare between other mmorpg style games :P

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 20:01:42 »
It doesn't work like that.

And no, E,D,C,B,A,S are not classes. This is their name like: Kanemayoro is an A-class shinobi.
Based on your ELO, you will change from one class to another irrespective of your title/rank within village (genin, chunin, jonin).
The ranking system will be based off of ELO. As you play SLO, your ELO will change accordingly whenever you defeat someone or are defeated. When your ELO reaches a certain amount, if you are not a rogue ninja, you will be asked to take an exam. Upon passing the exam you will be given a new rank: Genin→Chunin, and Chunin→Jonin.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 20:05:59 »

And no, E,D,C,B,A,S are not classes. This is their name like: Kanemayoro is an A-class shinobi.
Based on your ELO, you will change from one class to another irrespective of your title/rank within village (genin, chunin, jonin).
The ranking system will be based off of ELO. As you play SLO, your ELO will change accordingly whenever you defeat someone or are defeated. When your ELO reaches a certain amount, if you are not a rogue ninja, you will be asked to take an exam. Upon passing the exam you will be given a new rank: Genin→Chunin, and Chunin→Jonin.

Just for general information.
ELO = The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in competitor-versus-competitor games such as chess.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 20:38:08 »

oh, i understand now :P more difficult as i thought but its not problem for me :D thanks for explanation ;)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 22:36:46 »
I liked the idea of ranks for rogue ninja
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 13:35:07 »
I sincerely hope that Jutsu like Chidori are not going to be attainable early on. Although it is one of the first lightning styles in the Anime (I think) it is still an A-rank technique and should be treated as such. With this, how will rankings correspond with Jutsu?
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 13:39:35 »
I sincerely hope that Jutsu like Chidori are not going to be attainable early on. Although it is one of the first lightning styles in the Anime (I think) it is still an A-rank technique and should be treated as such. With this, how will rankings correspond with Jutsu?
I'm confused as to why we have the chidori right now - hopefully it's only for testing as the game is still in alpha and would get sealed in an A rank jutsu scroll when the game is fully released.

It was only displayed early on in the anime because Kakashi taught it to Sasuke. Other than that, it's still an A-rank jutsu. In SLO it would take quite some time for someone to learn that technique, and assuming they would be Jonin by that time, they could teach it to a lower rank student. Just like Kakashi did to Sasuke.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 14:17:59 »
I'm confused as to why we have the chidori right now - hopefully it's only for testing as the game is still in alpha and would get sealed in an A rank jutsu scroll when the game is fully released.

It was only displayed early on in the anime because Kakashi taught it to Sasuke. Other than that, it's still an A-rank jutsu. In SLO it would take quite some time for someone to learn that technique, and assuming they would be Jonin by that time, they could teach it to a lower rank student. Just like Kakashi did to Sasuke.
Since  its kinda based by ELO...wouldn't it be by your stats instead of your ninja rank....like if you are strong enough you wouldn't need to be Jonin to learn chidori
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 14:48:19 »

Since  its kinda based by ELO...wouldn't it be by your stats instead of your ninja rank....like if you are strong enough you wouldn't need to be Jonin to learn chidori
Right, so assuming that your ELO is high enough to become an A rank shinobi, then theoretically you would be able to learn the Chidori.
That is if we're going by the system where we ignore the ninja ranks (genin, chunin etc.) and just skip to grades. But I think it would be better if techniques are rank locked. So you'll have to be a Jonin to be able to use Chidori.

So really, all you'll have to do is take the exam in order to learn the technique.

Academy Student - 0 ELO (just started).
Genin - 500 ELO.
Chunin - 1000 ELO.
Jonin - 3000 ELO.
Elite Jonin - 7500 ELO.
ANBU - 12000 ELO.
Sannin - 25000 ELO.
Kage - 50000 ELO.

This could also work for appointing a Kage. Instead of just doing a community poll or whatever, the first person to reach Kage ELO would become the Kage of their village. I think this would be good because it gives everyone an equal chance and I can't exactly recall but I think a post is floating around somewhere saying how appointing a Kage shouldn't be rushed and only those who deserve it would take the position. Not only that but someone with Kage ELO would be a shinobi that knows a lot of powerful techniques - just like in the anime.

This is why I think my system would be perfect for this.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 15:09:04 by child_emperor »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 15:24:52 »
KAGA IS AN ELECTED POSITION IN THE VILLAGE NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN EARN IN ELO. ASS FOR SANINE THIS WILL PROBABLY ONLY APPLY TO LEGACY PLAYERS.

your stats wont have anything to do with your ELO ranking other than its likely you will likely need to train to a certain level to beat some one of a higher rank.

i added my ideas to incorporate ELO into the chakra control system (STATS) thread in suggestions so i won't do it here.
But basicly i suggested that you must train certain skills before you can advance to the next ELO rank once you beet a number of higher level ninja the results of your training are proven and you rank up giving you better chakra control and stamina.

my question about the whole ELO system is it works great for one on one contests like chess, how do you calculate it for multiple players on a squad?

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 15:32:25 »
KAGA IS AN ELECTED POSITION IN THE VILLAGE NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN EARN IN ELO. ASS FOR SANINE THIS WILL PROBABLY ONLY APPLY TO LEGACY PLAYERS.

your stats wont have anything to do with your ELO ranking other than its likely you will likely need to train to a certain level to beat some one of a higher rank.

i added my ideas to incorporate ELO into the chakra control system (STATS) thread in suggestions so i won't do it here.
But basicly i suggested that you must train certain skills before you can advance to the next ELO rank once you beet a number of higher level ninja the results of your training are proven and you rank up giving you better chakra control and stamina.

my question about the whole ELO system is it works great for one on one contests like chess, how do you calculate it for multiple players on a squad?
"First ELO rank"? Are you aware that ELO is the amount of points one has that display skill.
For example someone with 1000-2500 ELO is a good player, 3000+ is advanced.

ELO just shows how good you are.

When it comes to a team, every player has their individual score, and the squad ELO is the total of everyones points.
E.G
Ninja 1 - 600 ELO
Ninja 2 - 900 ELO
Ninja 3 - 1200 ELO

Squad elo = 2700 ELO.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 15:34:25 by child_emperor »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars