Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 20
Stats
Total Posts: 73922
Total Topics: 20770
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 885
Total: 895
Kyliebob
Google (9)

Author Topic: A Legacy Continued  (Read 5286 times)

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
A Legacy Continued
« on: October 17, 2016, 16:28:26 »
A new chapter begins.

“My lords. We bow down to you. We humble ourselves before you.” I could hear. I could feel; suddenly light bursted into my eyes and life began once again. The colors sorted themselves out, images became clear. I was in a basement. No, rather, some sort of crypt. Before I could look around, I noticed that not only was my physical body limited, but my chakra felt as if there were restrictive chains around it. Crack. Crack. Crack. My head tilted to the right. Crack. Crack. Crack. It felt good to crack my neck finally. After… Being dead for… How many years had it been? I didn't actually know.

“Where am I? Who are you?” I heard a voice to my right that I recognized. Yusuke. The tenth damn Kage. His hair was still as gray as when he died. He noticed me looking at him.
“Makino! Grand to see you, old friend. You don't look a day older than I remember…” The conclusion came to him suddenly. “Tell me I did not send you too soon to your death.” I shook my head. I couldn't blame him in the slightest.

“Three days I think it was.” I stopped and looked at the intricate symbols on the ground before me. I sighed and gathered my thoughts. “I was Kage for three days.” Yusuke dropped his head, maybe in disappointment of me, or himself.
“So that war was not well founded?” I shook my head again. Someone cleared their throat off to the side of the room.

“We've reincarnated you with the Impure World Reincarnation. Our village is in trouble, and we need your help. Desperately.” I turned to look at the voice. There seemed to be five or six young shinobi crowded into this decrepit room, along with… About four reincarnations. More Kage? They certainly had the look of it. And the robe. Yes, the one on the other side of Yusuke read “Fourth Heizukage.” The other to my left read “Seventh Heizukage.” Where were the rest?

“I can see that you're wondering where the rest of the Kage are, well… We couldn't find anything of theirs that could be used to revive them.” I stood up on my wobbly legs.
“And you consider me a Kage?” I looked towards the shinobi who presented himself as their leader.
“Yes. We are some of the few people who actually believe you were right. You've gone done in history mostly as a tyrant. A usurper. But we don't think so.” I frowned. Of course. I could tell Yusuke felt uneasy next to me. Perhaps he wondered what I could've done in my short reign to be regarded so poorly.
“And how long have I been dead?”
“Almost eighteen years, sir.” He answered. Damn. Eighteen whole years have passed without me. Of course, to me, it felt like I had just died mere minutes ago.

“Who is Kage now?” Yusuke asked.
“Hirumi - she's been Kage since Makino died.” Yusuke smiled at this answer.
“A nice girl, I'm sure she has done well.” My frown turned into a scowl and my brow furrowed upon hearing that. Yusuke could sense my negative emotions seeping into the room.
“You seem discontent with that, Makino? Tell me, what happened after I went?” I could feel all eyes on me. Neither the seventh or the fourth had said anything, but I knew they were silently judging this conversation.

“Before you speak, Lord Yosai, I'd like to tell it how we were raised to believe. If that's alright with you, that is.” I nodded and motioned for him to continue.
“Alright, well, it begins with the Battle of the Plains of Ribo.” His voice faded away as I remembered the battle from my perspective.

“MAKINO!” Yusuke’s loud voice broke my concentration. It was held on nothing important, of course, but I couldn't help it. It was a windy day on these Plains. Of… Rido? Robe? Ribo? Ribo. Yeah, that was it. An aerial map sat on the table in front of me, pinned down in the corners by kunai. Yusuke was trying to get my attention. The other twenty or so division commanders standing around the table were staring in disbelief at me.
“Yes sir! Sorry, sir.” He shook his head. Maeda let out a chuckle next to me and elbowed my stomach.
“You and your second division will be leading the left flank.” He ordered, pointing to the left side of the map near a hill.
“An honor, sir.” He closed his eyes and sighed.
“You ALWAYS lead the left flank, Makino. Maeda ALWAYS leads the right flank, I ALWAYS take the center. I needn't remind you, right?” Such is the life of the third in command.

I nodded and grinned a bit. Some laughs made their way around the table, but I didn't mind. It seemed cheering up these guys was harder than leading them, and I was happy to try.
“Orthodox battle plan. I want you two to split half your forces and leapfrog them behind the enemy. Or into them, if circumstance permits. You all are experienced, you know how I like my battles conducted. Easy victory here, my friends.” He got up from his chair to stand on equal ground as his lieutenants.
We all saluted, and he returned the gesture.

Half an hour later, I stood at the head of a column of twelve hundred shinobi. We faced three horizontal lines of Okagakure and Morigakure ninja. All but the wind was silent as the two armies stared each other down.

Tell me if you like where this is going, etc, all and any feedback is great.

• Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
Re: A Legacy Continued
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 16:38:57 »
nice enough....
can't say much about it as of now since it just began.

just a confusion.... who is narrating the Battle of Ribo?

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 16:42:12 »
nice enough....
can't say much about it as of now since it just began.

just a confusion.... who is narrating the Battle of Ribo?

His voice faded away as I remembered the battle from my perspective.

Makino as usual

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 05:25:58 »
“And how long have I been
dead?”
“Almost eighteen years, sir.” He
answered. Damn.
I was all like shiiiiiiiit this niggas are dead XD
Awesome stuff can't wait for the next add-on
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 18:46:28 »
The battle begins.

Suddenly a vibrant flame blazed in the sky to my right. War cries were emitted, and the charge began. The ground shook as close to four thousand shinobi stampeded forward. The enemy returned the noise and barreled forward. Seconds before the two sides met, I let loose the signal. Earth was moved, chakra was dispersed, and the three divisions in the back of my line flew over my head into the enemy’s lines. Panic struck the enemy, but it did not halt the battle.

One shinobi launched himself at me. He was quickly dispatched with a sidestep and a kunai to the stomach. His momentum carried him for a few meters behind me, rolling and sliding in the dirt. I suddenly felt alone, yet I stood amongst a crowd. The red vests zipped by me as I listened to the sound of metal clinking. Before long, a boulder flew towards me and my standstill ended. Instead of moving, I slapped my hands together and blew a thin stream of Sun’s Flame Jutsu through the center of the boulder. It blew the rock into smaller pebbles which flew harmlessly past me.

My clan’s signature technique, what we called Sun Style, was really nothing too special. Over the generations, my ancestors had learned to increase the heat of their fire style to the point of solar devastation. I have, of course, inherited this ability. It had disastrous effects for the air around it, making it dangerous both the target and anything around it.

Before the flames subsided, a shinobi jumped through them towards me. Fucking insane, I tell you. He brandished a sword, preparing a killer horizontal strike. I drew a kunai and deflected the blow with the dull side. Immediately after, he charged with his shoulder held front. His relentless assault caught me off guard and the blow connected. I stumbled back a few feet and prepared for the next attack. With his sword held over his head, he dashed towards me while forming hand signs. One handed seals. Pretty nice. Although, I didn't have time to admire his handiwork.

Earth shot up around me in an attempt to keep me in place. I figured I would comply, and return any damage he would try to inflict. My kunai took flight, diverting his path slightly as he reached me. His downward swing was slowed by the water that had been conjured between him and I. He grunted and pulled his sword away. The earth around me shattered away with a high pressured water blast. I looked around as the water dissipated. My assailant was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, I felt a chakra above me approaching rapidly. Of course. I didn't have time to form a Jutsu, so I made wished on my lucky stars. I sliced straight up with my kunai.

It came into contact with his blade, which pointed straight down towards my head. My kunai held strong, diverting it to my side as sparks flew. His blade plunged into the ground, him coming soon after. He backflipped a few meters away and stared me down. I heaved his sword from the ground. It was nicely made with a smooth, straight blade. The wood handle was wrapped in leather a few times, which makes hard impacts tolerable. He looked angry that I had taken up his sword.

A girl ran to his side and whispered something into his ear. I probably couldn't have heard it even if she yelled it; the sound of battle had consumed my hearing. He frowned and snapped something back at her while pointing at me. She looked towards me, and back at the mass of shinobi behind them. Slowly, the eastern ninja began retreating, but the man stood across from me stayed put.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 21:24:44 »
I like how you create intensity in a battle but can also hold tension.
repped
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 22:05:48 »
Wow, i'm so hyped, i cant wait to see how to previous Heizugakure kage reacts when he is told fully about the story.... sooo kool
Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 04:27:24 »
the detailing was up-to the mark. I could almost instantly visualize the strikes, dodges and blocks as I read across.
GJ :)

Offline Ghost0000

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 06:47:04 »
Nice man cant wait for the other one  ;)
  • Character Name: Ghost Raiu