Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64469
Latest: synthroid brand 88 mcg
New This Month: 338
New This Week: 14
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 76872
Total Topics: 22409
Most Online Today: 1299
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1178
Total: 1196
Vikirpx
Victorjfo
Bogdannbw
Google (AdSense)
Google (13)
Baidu

Author Topic: Leader of the ANBU?  (Read 29877 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Leader of the ANBU?
« on: July 14, 2015, 18:43:26 »
Do you guys think there should be ANBU leaders? Like Danzo? Do you think ANBU should exist at all?

• Character Name: Dawg

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Leader of the ANBU?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 19:34:58 »
We'll have kages, why not have Anbu?
Leaders should supervise and choose missions for the anbu.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 11:23:36 »
We'll have kages, why not have Anbu?
Leaders should supervise and choose missions for the anbu.

I'm just thinking about how many people would be in the ANBU. Would there be a set percentage for village members? I feel like everybody would want to join if there weren't strict requirements put in place

Offline chX

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • chX has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu Clan

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 11:38:53 »
I think a lot of this depends on what the final game looks like, but I would like to see ANBU regardless.

My idea of how it might look:

If there's a level system, make it a requirement to be a certain level before you can apply. Have limited amounts of slots, and people who apply will be put into a queue if there's no more space.

If death in the game ends up with your character being locked/deleted, then spaces would likely open up on a pretty frequent basis.
  • Character Name: chX

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 12:40:28 »
I think a lot of this depends on what the final game looks like, but I would like to see ANBU regardless.

If there's a level system, make it a requirement to be a certain level before you can apply. Have limited amounts of slots, and people who apply will be put into a queue if there's no more space.

If death in the game ends up with your character being locked/deleted, then spaces would likely open up on a pretty frequent basis.
Seems like a good idea, though there will be no levels. Your characters abilities will just increase overtime but there will be no "level bar" per se.
Onto your idea. As an alternative for your level thought, you should have to pass a test to prove your ability and if you're not doing well enough you get dropped and someone of higher skill will take your place.

1% of the village should be Anbu, not a set number. If it was a set number a very small village could have half it's members in the Anbu forces and a large village would have very few. (this would be eh for small villages)
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline chX

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • chX has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu Clan

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 12:46:18 »

Seems like a good idea, though there will be no levels. Your characters abilities will just increase overtime but there will be no "level bar" per se.
Onto your idea. As an alternative for your level thought, you should have to pass a test to prove your ability and if you're not doing well enough you get dropped and someone of higher skill will take your place.

1% of the village should be Anbu, not a set number. If it was a set number a very small village could have half it's members in the Anbu forces and a large village would have very few. (this would be eh for small villages)

Ah I see. I think I like that better than a level system.

Agreed with the percentage rather than a fixed number - that's a better idea.
  • Character Name: chX

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 13:12:16 »
i would like to see the anbu system right after the kages are decided (i mean the official ones)
the kages make the village anbu thread on the org section and ced locks the thread
the minimum requirements atm should be atleast a jounin poster (itll change to jounin rank when game is out)
the becoming of an anbu remains a secret as it is decided by pm
thnx...XD

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 13:18:56 »
My thinking is that they should be at least Jounin level to join. There should be a limited number of slots. Villages can perform their own selection process to select ANBU members.

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 13:28:02 »
My thinking is that they should be at least Jounin level to join. There should be a limited number of slots. Villages can perform their own selection process to select ANBU members.
i said the same thing ya know :P

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 22:57:54 »
I hope they will be ingame makes it pretty cool hehe.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 07:11:08 »

Nah, they shouldn't be at least jounin to join.

1. There could be some amazing and naturally talented chunin/genin that the Kage might want to recruit but he wouldn't be able to as their not jounin YET

2. Vreg said that people could stay genin forever if they wanted to, so the best player in the game could be a genin. Someone who wanted to be a ANBU would be forced to take the jounin test even if they would easily pass it.

I think the kage should be able to pick anyone no matter the rank, for their strength and/or their intelligence. There should just be a seperate ANBU test.

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 10:11:41 »

1. There could be some amazing and naturally talented chunin/genin that the Kage might want to recruit but he wouldn't be able to as their not jounin YET

2. Vreg said that people could stay genin forever if they wanted to, so the best player in the game could be a genin. Someone who wanted to be a ANBU would be forced to take the jounin test even if they would easily pass it.

I think the kage should be able to pick anyone no matter the rank, for their strength and/or their intelligence. There should just be a seperate ANBU test.

I think at least Chuunin, not for accuracy, but just because it'd be so much more difficult to separate good players from bad. Loads of people would just start the game and instantly try to join ANBU, making it ever harder for the villages. Though it's not my choice at the end of the day.

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 16:23:51 »

I think at least Chuunin, not for accuracy, but just because it'd be so much more difficult to separate good players from bad. Loads of people would just start the game and instantly try to join ANBU, making it ever harder for the villages. Though it's not my choice at the end of the day.

Oh, i was thinking that only the Kage and people he chooses would be able to recruit people. But yeah, if you can apply too then i agree you should be at least Chuunin.

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
  • ParadoxRonin has no influence.
  • Guardian Fang of the Hidden Metal Hayate Hazo
    • View Profile
    • a ronin has no purpose and a shinobi has no limits when the two clash time  it self stops.
  • Clan: Hazo Leader
  • Organization: Ronin-Metal
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 23:03:32 »

Oh, i was thinking that only the Kage and people he chooses would be able to recruit people. But yeah, if you can apply too then i agree you should be at least Chuunin.
I think Jonin i don't chuunin is a high enough rank.
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 10:59:37 »

I think Jonin i don't chuunin is a high enough rank.

It just depends how long it takes to get chuunin. To be honest, everyone that is going to remain in a village will likely become a chuunin. The only reason someone would stay a genin is if they weren't good enough to take the Chuunin exam, or if they became a rogue. This eliminates the idea that highly skilled genin should be able to become ANBU as they'd be able to simply take the chuunin exam and become and ANBU member. Rogue shinobi clearly wouldn't be able to become ANBU, as they are everything that the ANBU seeks to destroy.