Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64331
Latest: sigSlope
New This Month: 200
New This Week: 36
New Today: 19
Stats
Total Posts: 75380
Total Topics: 21352
Most Online Today: 928
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 772
Total: 785

Author Topic: Taking control of an Organization  (Read 3724 times)

Offline InfinityQuake

• Genin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • InfinityQuake has no influence.
  • Thinking.
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
Taking control of an Organization
« on: December 10, 2014, 01:22:05 »
What do you guys think about having the option of taking control of an organization after you kill the leader? Granted, this idea is a spin-off of what America said in "Dismantling an organization". I apologize if this is a duplicate.

After you took control of the organization you would have the ability to do whatever you desired, e.g. dismantle it. You would be the leader until someone else killed you or you left. This would create a vicious cycle and may cause plotting within organizations to go to the extreme.

I have no idea if you Europeans are familiar with Vin Diesel but, this idea is reinforced in the movie "The Chronicles of Riddick", where I go to find all of my advice.

You Keep What You Kill(Riddick):
Dismantling an organization: http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,809.0.html

• Character Name: Mamushi

Kill the excuses or the excuses kill you.

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
Re: Taking control of an Organization
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 03:36:37 »
Hmmm. This would be harder with orgs like Kata where they have 7 leaders or even Nami who copied Katas way. So to enforce this would be a little harder than 'I pwnt owner, you all follow me n0w'
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline InfinityQuake

• Genin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • InfinityQuake has no influence.
  • Thinking.
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 03:53:39 »
Well, when this came up in "Dismantling an organization", it was decided that we would appoint a leader but all Yugure would have the same priveleges. Your point is still valid though.
  • Character Name: Mamushi

Kill the excuses or the excuses kill you.

Offline Shadow1759

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Shadow1759 has no influence.
  • Greed of the Yugure council, who explodes a lot.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: All About That Clanless Life
  • Organization:
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 11:56:46 »
Even if there is one in-game appointed leader, if they don't tell anyone, the people trying to take down that guild will have to guess. I dont know about Nami, because their population isn't quite as large as ours yet. They are growing though, so that's good. But for Kata, however, the people would have to first slay an organization with at the very LEAST(Probably many, many more) 35 members, and of those 35 members there will be officers and Umbra that are exceptional at fighting anyway. So, to recap, after having to go through a horde of random ass enemies, and then fight multiple experienced fighters at once, and then you have to locate the Yugure members. AND THEN you have to do some eenie-meenie-minie-mo and try and determine who is the appointed leader.

Based on the circumstances I just laid out, it would be hard AF for any organization with a lower population, such as Nami, to take down Katakiuchi.

ON TO THE MAIN POINT.

IF an organization was able to storm Katakiuchi and successfully kill the appointed "in-game" leader, should they be able to take control of that organization?

I think they should be able to. There will be coups within the organization, which is realistic. If some random ass person takes control of the organization, the organization members will assassinate they ass. Which is realistic. Overall, I think it's a good idea. Let's just wait for Vreg : P
  • Character Name: Sanashi Shimokaze

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 17:03:08 »
I think they should be able to. There will be coups within the organization, which is realistic. If some random ass person takes control of the organization, the organization members will assassinate they ass. Which is realistic. Overall, I think it's a good idea. Let's just wait for Vreg : P
Pretty much
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 22:36:48 »
Pretty much
Well I'm pretty sure unless everyone hated the leader that the org member would kill the person who killed the leader
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 16:18:47 »
Even if he was hated, there will be someone that will avenge him. I mean, everyone is liked by someone right?
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 18:49:50 »
Yeah I guess, but some people might just obey the leader to gain power, but there will always be the leaders friends I guess
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 22:40:51 »
By killing an organization's leader you have simply killed their leader. Nothing more, nothing less. This action doesn't automatically make their people follow you. They might very well hunt you down to avenge their beloved leader. Or they might surrender and choose you as their new leader.

An organization/clan leader has two ways of dealing with a successor after his possible death. The first way is to make the leader title go to the next highest member in rank. The second way is to let the organization/clan hold a local election for a new leader regardless of rank. The second way leaves the organization/clan leaderless for a short period of time though, so it's the more dangerous option.

The only way to take over an organization would be by being accepted as a member and then being appointed as a leader by said organization. Of course an organization might be overwhelmed by you and your possible forces and therefore completely surrender, including their leader to avoid unnecessary casualties.
  • Character Name: Vuregu