Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 20
Stats
Total Posts: 73922
Total Topics: 20770
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 793
Total: 802
Google (9)

Author Topic: Schedule  (Read 4213 times)

Offline TemiHyung

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • TemiHyung has no influence.
  • Bow Down To The Hidden Thunder
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hidden Thunder
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Schedule
« on: June 27, 2017, 05:46:34 »
I was thinking......there should be a schedule for updates so there is something people can look forward to and others stop shouting out random times they think updates will happen. I say we aim for an update every 1 to 2 months. Now I know some people will say shit like "Mate don't you know the devs have lives and shit" to that i say yes i do buttttttt they also kinda signed up for this when they made the game. I'm not ordering anyone around to follow my idea but i just think it'd be cool. What do you guys think?

• Character Name: TemiHyung

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • Suroshi has no influence.
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
Re: Schedule
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 06:07:07 »
I agree with this to a certain extent.. Now its not a super big deal to myself I am simply happy for the hard work and effort put in to this game.. However with that being said I believe it would be polite to inform the players with information other than "soon" or "slow development" .. Im not even looking for something defined just a ball park idea that is stood by would do..  I do not yet donate to SLO so its not a major concern but it does kinda make some of the players feel left out in the dark. I am fairly new still so I do not know the update habits or how frequent the updates have been.. But an idea of what to expect and update time frames would be nice to know.

On another note related to this topic does the new SLO Facebook
"UI Teaser" https://www.facebook.com/shinobilifeonline/
have any relevance to the newest up coming update?
  • Character Name: Suroshi

Offline Manuster

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 12:27:17 »
They DO have a schedule, but it's a lot looser.

Vuregu said at the beginning of the year that they aim to get Alpha out by 2018

and for the nibba'th time, not everything the devs do is released. The latest version of the game doesnt show everything they've done...
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • Suroshi has no influence.
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 03:22:45 »
Im not concerned about the finished product. We've all heard updates are on the way but what do they detail and when will they be released? I would just like to see people further informed about future updates.
  • Character Name: Suroshi

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:16 »
What you are not understanding is yes, they signed up for this but are they getting paid for signing up? No. So they can't commit to such a tight schedule because they have rent to pay, jobs irl and lives to lead such as exams, family and more. This is not some organised, funded game dev team. It is a group of people coming together to make a project with little donations and their own pockets and time. If the project actually gets backers or to the point where it can get backers then we can talk tight scheduled updates but for now it is not possible. what you are asking is something that will happen in the MMO release or at least at a stage of some sort of alpha with a monthly funding.

Though we would all like a tighter schedule, you just can't simply ask that of the devs without knowing the actual hardship of making a game with a small team that aren't getting paid for their time at this point. Be patient and considerate of their situations.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 13:22:44 »
It's funny how you come up and say let's have 1 update per month when you clearly don't know what game development means.
It's not like the community has a say on this matter, not even those that donated 100s of dollars. If they decide that only one hour is allocated for development per week, it's their decision, and nobody has the right to judge or be against that.