Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64445
Latest: TumerTom
New This Month: 314
New This Week: 75
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 76526
Total Topics: 22108
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1227
Total: 1242
EdithSoure
TumerTom
Kyliebob
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (10)

Author Topic: Against Leveling up as an advantage for combat  (Read 13678 times)

Offline (AraVinD)

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • (AraVinD) has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Against Leveling up as an advantage for combat
« on: September 18, 2013, 08:41:23 »
as u can see narusimi is an mmoarpg that means it has rpg elements Such as leveling up! which im against! that is leveling up as an advantage while fighting or under combat situations as this will be something like Not useing one's own or players own real skill in gameing but just by the amount of time u spent on the server ! i suggest to go for ranking's with level ups and the ability to buy artifacts new cloths ect with the level up instead of gaining power over just the amount of time u spent on the game  :) just posted this to see the reviews of this topic !  ;D  :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:43:25 by (AraVinD) »

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
Re: Against Leveling up as an advantage for combat
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:07:45 »
I do agree that the game must be more skill based, ranks of genin, gounin and jounin etc are enough.
mauybe with these ranks you can master more jutsus / sub jutsus for example Rasengan -> Odama Rasengan.. etc.

i think leveling shouldnt be a part of this, but i also think that it's too soon to talk of this.
I'd also guess Vreg wil make a thread to discuss this when the time is right.
  • Character Name: Saitou

daitchi

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 12:37:30 »
this is a skill-based game so its gunna be like runescape

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 12:43:02 »
Those ranks you're talking about are bound to a village, they are not something general for everyone.

Instead of levels, everyone will be given a couple of points they can distribute over a list of qualities for their character (speed, strength, chakra,...) at character creation. This would be permanent though and not possible to change in the future for a character, as you are "born" that way.

Using jutsus gains you jutsu experience which will then lead to unlocking jutsu points. These jutsu points can be used to either make your current jutsu stronger (with a max strength of like level 3 or 3 invested jutsu points) or learn a new one (within your chakra nature limit of course) that may have different advantages. Certain jutsus (e.g. Odama Rasengan) will require you to have the maximum level of other jutsus (e.g. level 3 Rasengan).

Once you reach e.g. level 10 in one chakra nature, another chakra nature (or your secondary chakra nature) will be unlocked. This will allow you to invest jutsu points in the newly available jutsus to you.

So obviously you will have a jutsu level. This jutsu level can only get as high as it is required for you to be able to maximize all jutsus in your primary and secondary chakra nature. The more jutsus Shinobi Life Online will get, the higher this jutsu level cap will become. Making your jutsu level rise will also become more difficult the higher it gets. This way, the higher your jutsu level is, the more jutsus your character will have available to him. This won't necessarily make your stronger, but it will give you a lot more to work with. Armor, weapons and certain special items will also give you a boost, so it's not just all about the player's qualities and jutsu level.

If you're part of a village, your jutsu level will determine your rank.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 13:51:23 »
Those ranks you're talking about are bound to a village, they are not something general for everyone.

Instead of levels, everyone will be given a couple of points they can distribute over a list of qualities for their character (speed, strength, chakra,...) at character creation. This would be permanent though and not possible to change in the future for a character, as you are "born" that way.

Using jutsus gains you jutsu experience which will then lead to unlocking jutsu points. These jutsu points can be used to either make your current jutsu stronger (with a max strength of like level 3 or 3 invested jutsu points) or learn a new one (within your chakra nature limit of course) that may have different advantages. Certain jutsus (e.g. Odama Rasengan) will require you to have the maximum level of other jutsus (e.g. level 3 Rasengan).

Once you reach e.g. level 10 in one chakra nature, another chakra nature (or your secondary chakra nature) will be unlocked. This will allow you to invest jutsu points in the newly available jutsus to you.

So obviously you will have a jutsu level. This jutsu level can only get as high as it is required for you to be able to maximize all jutsus in your primary and secondary chakra nature. The more jutsus Shinobi Life Online will get, the higher this jutsu level cap will become. Making your jutsu level rise will also become more difficult the higher it gets. This way, the higher your jutsu level is, the more jutsus your character will have available to him. This won't necessarily make your stronger, but it will give you a lot more to work with. Armor, weapons and certain special items will also give you a boost, so it's not just all about the player's qualities and jutsu level.

If you're part of a village, your jutsu level will determine your rank.

Well, in fact the regular ranks are applied to all hidden villages in Naruto. (e.g. Darui is jonin)
But, since this isn't a copy of Naruto and you can create your own clan, nobody said that you can't separate members of your clan in ranks.
About the "talent" points you can set to your char, I can see a problem here. There might appear some guides that show you how to build your character. This might lead to very many people getting the same build, so the characters are going to be too similar, this leading to a situation where the more skilled (or experienced) player always gaining the edge. I said this because I'd like to know if this situation can be avoided.

Another question I have: Will there be the nature element edge over another? (I mean water against fire or lightning against earth).
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

daitchi

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 14:16:54 »
Databook       Ninjutsu   Taijutsu   Genjutsu    Intelligence    Strength    Speed   Stamina   Hand seals    Total
Second        3.5               1.5         2.5          4                   1         2         2.5           4              21

our stat chart is this gunna be like this?

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 14:30:20 »
Another question I have: Will there be the nature element edge over another? (I mean water against fire or lightning against earth).

Chakra nature advantages and disadvantages will be present in Shinobi Life Online. The image above illustrates the way it's going to be.

There might appear some guides that show you how to build your character. This might lead to very many people getting the same build, so the characters are going to be too similar, this leading to a situation where the more skilled (or experienced) player always gaining the edge. I said this because I'd like to know if this situation can be avoided.
I don't think that will be a problem. There won't be an ideal set up for your character, every set up will have its advantages and disadvantages. And what you choose will be based on personal preference.

If 2 people have the exact same set up, then you'll have to look at other stuff to determine who's at an advantage.

Some examples:
  • What kind of chakra nature attacks are being used against each other
  • What kind of weapons, armor and items are being used by the players
  • The actual skill of the players when it comes to using jutsus
  • How well the players are at strategically fighting and determining what jutsus to use when

Well, in fact the regular ranks are applied to all hidden villages in Naruto. (e.g. Darui is jonin)
If you're part of an official village (hidden village), which most people will be, then you will receive one of the standard ranks. But there's always the people who are part of no village and the ones who are part of a custom village with custom ranks.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 14:31:28 »
Databook       Ninjutsu   Taijutsu   Genjutsu    Intelligence    Strength    Speed   Stamina   Hand seals    Total
Second        3.5               1.5         2.5          4                   1         2         2.5           4              21

our stat chart is this gunna be like this?

Something like that.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun