Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 73920
Total Topics: 20768
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 863
Total: 871
Michailvdx
Google (7)

Author Topic: London slang dictionary for SLO |WIP|  (Read 23753 times)

Offline jedikan

• Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • jedikan has no influence.
  • rah
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu

• Organization: Rōguhantā        
Re: London slang dictionary for SLO |WIP|
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 17:33:53 »
Safe bro
I was hesitant when it came to the clarts, because I thought that it would be a stretch too far.
I'll include them though, it'll be hard to explain to non-London people what they are though.

No problem man. Yeah fair enough. I just thought it's essential they know. I guess you could just say that it's the vilest thing you could say/use to describe someone? But when you put it like that, it doesn't really sound bad haha. My friends dad said it once in a store in the Caribbean, and all the people around him who heard just gave him the most disgusted looking faces. Man was too embarrassed lool

BTW I just remembered, 'screwface' (resting bitch face),'yardie'(used to refer to jamaicans / jamaican gang members)

EDIT: Add in 'roadman', 'shank/shanked', 'chete'(machete). I can't believe it's this topic that got me back to posting here

EDIT2: 'bruck' can be used in a nonliteral way when it comes to dancing. so when you're talking about a girl, and you say she was 'brucking her back', it's referring to the intensity of her whines/grinds.

Oh and 'dead' could be used to refer to anything that is unwanted/unattractive/unfitting. For example, a 'dead ting' would be someone unattractive. Or, if you went for a party that was boring, or even heard an unfunny joke, you'd say 'that's dead'. So it's quite versatile.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 17:51:50 by jedikan »

Offline HermitTheSage

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 18:13:40 »
Bun also means to smoke weed - "lets bun","bunnning","about to bun"
  • Character Name: Katugsuchi Yamazaki

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 19:26:35 »
Safe bro
I was hesitant when it came to the clarts, because I thought that it would be a stretch too far.
I'll include them though, it'll be hard to explain to non-London people what they are though.

No problem man. Yeah fair enough. I just thought it's essential they know. I guess you could just say that it's the vilest thing you could say/use to describe someone? But when you put it like that, it doesn't really sound bad haha. My friends dad said it once in a store in the Caribbean, and all the people around him who heard just gave him the most disgusted looking faces. Man was too embarrassed lool

BTW I just remembered, 'screwface' (resting bitch face),'yardie'(used to refer to jamaicans / jamaican gang members)

EDIT: Add in 'roadman', 'shank/shanked', 'chete'(machete). I can't believe it's this topic that got me back to posting here

EDIT2: 'bruck' can be used in a nonliteral way when it comes to dancing. so when you're talking about a girl, and you say she was 'brucking her back', it's referring to the intensity of her whines/grinds.

Oh and 'dead' could be used to refer to anything that is unwanted/unattractive/unfitting. For example, a 'dead ting' would be someone unattractive. Or, if you went for a party that was boring, or even heard an unfunny joke, you'd say 'that's dead'. So it's quite versatile.

The thread has been updated once more. Thank you for the contribution!
Keep 'em coming!
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Manuster

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 19:50:14 »
hmmmm

Stunt - flaunt, or show off
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 20:02:33 by Manuster »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 22:44:42 »
To juke (verb.)

To (dis)appear from thin air, without any possible explanation how this person/item could have gotten there.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 00:10:18 »
The dictionary has been updated.