Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64444
Latest: Colinvex
New This Month: 313
New This Week: 74
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76525
Total Topics: 22108
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1211
Total: 1222
EdithSoure
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (8)

Author Topic: Umiokami: Raiders of the Narrow Sea  (Read 2611 times)

Offline SpeakingRain

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • SpeakingRain has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Hyakki Yagyō

Umiokami: Raiders of the Narrow Sea
« on: July 30, 2016, 04:31:31 »
I just had some ideas I wanted to use, especially after reading about the boat travel planned for the game. This clan is currently held for Dagreth (he can't access any media at the moment because his Colonel is being unessecarily huge hardass), but if he doesn't want it when he comes back in three weeks, anyone can claim it and become the pirate Admiral lol.

Clan name: Umiokami

Clan logo: Light blue snarling wolf with fish tail instead of hindlegs on black field.

Founder: Kamakiri (later Umiokami) Fukuro

Leader: [Open]

Affiliation: Unofficially affiliated with Hidden Snow.

Quick Points:
- Raiders, i.e. pirates
- Mixed chakra natures

Clan history:
    Famine ravaged the Land of Frost fifty years after the founding of the Hidden Snow. There was only one thing to do in the eyes of Kamakiri Fukuro, twin brother of the leader of the Kamakiri clan; raid the lands across the Narrow Sea.
    With retrofitted fishing and trading vessels, he led raid after raid on the costal cities of the Hidden Villages of Metal, Thunder, Hill and Forest, pillaging food, livestock and riches, and kidnapping nobles for ransom.
     After the famine had passed, Fukuro and those loyal to him continued to raid. The Hidden Snow ordered the attacks to stop, needing to reopen political connections and end the war, but they continued, instead keeping the plunder for themselves.
     The Village and Kamakiri disowned Fukuro and his people. That was when Fukuro took the name of his flagship, Umikami, Sea Wolf, as his surname. His people, also disowned by their families, did the same. Every crew member cut their dominant hand and bled into a bucket. Then with a calligraphy brush, the kanji 海狼 were written on their foreheads. With this ceremony, it was declared that they were all one family. The brush is kept in the Kaigun-taishō's (Admiral) quarters on the flagship, and is used to preform the ceremony on any new blood that proves themselves worthy.
    The relations with the Hidden Snow have improved in recent years, especially with the current Kaigun-taishō is an Ibo of the Kamakiri. The Hidden Snow unofficially receives a portion of the loot, and the Umiokami use the Land of Frost coasts as staging areas. Also a part of the agreement is that Frost civilian ships are targeted at a minimum, and the fleet can be called upon at any time should the Hidden Snow Shinobi need to go to war with the main land.

Unique traits: Excellent sailors and swimmers. Other than that, the bloodline has been mixed thoroughly enough that no unique traits present. Those with long distance precision ninjutsu attacks are coveted.

Strengths: Kenjutsu, shurikenjutsu, taijutsu, ninjutsu.

Weaknesses:
Genjutsu, money and a terrible reputation as thieves and looters (completely true).

Rival clans: Any from the Lands on the Main Land's eastern coast: Tsukegami, Maindo, Fengshui, Akagi, Himitsu, Amigake, Chiitsuki, Ookami, Toratsume, ect.

Allied clans: The Kamakiri.

Rankings: (More ships are added on as positions fill)
Kaigun-taishō (Admiral)
First Mate:
Flag Ship crew:
Cook:

2nd ship
Taichou (Captain):
First Mate:
Crew:
Cook:

3rd Ship:
Taichou (Captain):
First Mate:
Crew:
Cook:

Members:

Rules:
Your blood is your bind.
Any the leader comes up with.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 07:25:38 by SpeakingRain »

• Character Name: Ginko
Find true freedom. Join the Land of Wolves, free from the corrupt Kage system.

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
Re: Umiokami: Raiders of the Narrow Sea
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 04:41:25 »

This clan is free for claiming. I just had some ideas I wanted to use, especially after reading about the boat travel planned for the game.

Clan logo: Light blue snarling wolf with fish tail instead of hindlegs on black field.

Quick Points:
- Raiders, i.e. pirates
- Mixed chakra natures

Clan history:
    Famine ravaged the Land of Frost fifty years after the founding of the Hidden Snow. There was only one thing to do in the eyes of Kamakiri Fukuro, twin brother of the leader of the Kamakiri clan; raid the lands across the Narrow Sea.
    With retrofitted fishing and trading vessels, he led raid after raid on the costal cities of the Hidden Villages of Metal, Thunder, Hill and Forest, pillaging food, livestock and riches, and kidnapping nobles for ransom.
     After the famine had passed, Fukuro and those loyal to him continued to raid. The Hidden Snow ordered the attacks to stop, needing to reopen political connections and end the war, but they continued, instead keeping the plunder for themselves.
     The Village and Kamakiri disowned Fukuro and his people. That was when Fukuro took the name of his flagship, Umigakure, Sea Wolf, as his surname. His people, also disowned by their families, did the same. Every crew member cut their dominant hand and bled into a bucket. Then with a calligraphy brush, the kanji 海狼 were written on their foreheads. With this ceremony, it was declared that they were all one family. The brush is kept in the Kaigun-taishō's (Admiral) quarters on the flagship, and is used to preform the ceremony on any new blood that proves themselves worthy.
    The relations with the Hidden Snow have improved in recent years, especially with the current Kaigun-taishō is an Ibo of the Kamakiri. The Hidden Snow unofficially receives a portion of the loot, and the Umiokami use the Land of Frost coasts as staging areas. Also a part of the agreement is that Frost civilian ships are targeted at a minimum, and the fleet can be called upon at any time should the Hidden Snow Shinobi need to go to war with the main land.

Unique traits: Excellent sailors and swimmers. Other than that, the bloodline has been mixed thoroughly enough that no unique traits present. Those with long distance precision ninjutsu attacks are coveted.

Weaknesses:
Genjutsu, money and a terrible reputation as thieves and looters (completely true).

Rival clans: Any from the Lands on the Eastern Coast of the Mainland: Tsukegami, Maindo, Fengshui, Akagi, Himitsu, Amigake, Chiitsuki, Ookami, Toratsume, ect.

Kaigun-taishō (Admiral)
First Mate:
Flag Ship crew:
Cook:

2nd ship
Taichou (Captain):
First Mate:
Crew:
Cook:

3rd Ship:
Taichou (Captain):
First Mate:
Crew:
Cook:

Members:

Rules:
Your blood is your bind.

Does anyone have the link to the thread about sea travel, or was it a shoutbox convo?

Also, sick clan. Reminds me of the Ironborn from GoT
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Kings_Head

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 05:03:35 »
Whoa this is an interesting clan, i like the whole navy warfare thing it's got going looks good, good luck with the clan
Nobleblood Leader for the Great Kirishima Clan
"Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?"

Offline SpeakingRain

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • SpeakingRain has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Hyakki Yagyō

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 05:15:42 »

This clan is free for claiming. I just had some ideas I wanted to use, especially after reading about the boat travel planned for the game.

Quick Points:
- Raiders, i.e. pirates
- Mixed chakra natures

Clan history:
     The Village and Kamakiri disowned Fukuro and his people. That was when Fukuro took the name of his flagship, Umigakure, Sea Wolf, as his surname. His people, also disowned by their families, did the same. Every crew member cut their dominant hand and bled into a bucket. Then with a calligraphy brush, the kanji 海狼 were written on their foreheads. With this ceremony, it was declared that they were all one family. The brush is kept in the Kaigun-taishō's (Admiral) quarters on the flagship, and is used to preform the ceremony on any new blood that proves themselves worthy.

Weaknesses:

Rival clans: Any from the Lands on the Eastern Coast of the Mainland: Tsukegami, Maindo, Fengshui, Akagi, Himitsu, Amigake, Chiitsuki, Ookami, Toratsume, ect.

Kaigun-taishō (Admiral)
First Mate:
Flag Ship crew:
Cook:

2nd ship
Taichou (Captain):
First Mate:
Crew:
Cook:

3rd Ship:
Taichou (Captain):
First Mate:
Crew:
Cook:

Members:

Rules:
Your blood is your bind.

Does anyone have the link to the thread about sea travel, or was it a shoutbox convo?

Also, sick clan. Reminds me of the Ironborn from GoT

I don't remember whereI read it, but Vreg (I think) posted somewhere that fast travel across the sea will not be possible in SLO, because it doesn't make sense that you have to walk/fly everywhere in WoW except across the sea, which is instantaneous. Or something to that effect. He also mentioned something about boats. I'll forum mine for a bit.

Also, thank you ^^
  • Character Name: Ginko
Find true freedom. Join the Land of Wolves, free from the corrupt Kage system.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent
Konohuro