Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64469
Latest: synthroid brand 88 mcg
New This Month: 338
New This Week: 14
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 76885
Total Topics: 22410
Most Online Today: 1556
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1553
Total: 1561

Author Topic: Fuinjutsu suggestions and discussion  (Read 19450 times)

Offline Manuster

Re: Fuinjutsu suggestions and discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 23:19:48 »
@Manuster Fuuinjutsu. It was more of a debuff, giving the target less mobility/attack speed etc.

ahhh yeah i remember.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2016, 16:15:25 »
Okay yes, but it can turn out to become too overpowered really quickly.

Example: Combat scroll-

Slot1: Wind jutsu
Slot2: Fire jutsu
Slot3: Secondary Scroll
Slot4: Earth jutsu
Slot5: Water jutsu

Secondary scroll = first.

Rinse and repeat until your enemies lay waste.

What??? An individual will only ever have one chakra nature. Carrying around these scrolls are pointless.

If you're suggesting sealing actual jutsus in scrolls - as opposed to the handsigns required to learn it- then I have to say that it's ridiculously unfair.

Yeah I was just watching the last again and found this... A perfect example of Fuinjutsu abused...

Offline Sage32801

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2016, 20:15:21 »
In the matter of sealing a enemy they, should only be able to be sealed depending on the stats of the sealing jutsu and the target.
  Sealing Jutsu              Target's HP              Player's Rank
  -Level 1                         -1% to 10%               -Genin
  -Level 2                         -1% to 20%               -Chunin
  -Level 3                         -1% to 30%               -Chunin
  -Level 4                         -1% to 40%               -Jounin
  -Level 5                         -1% to 50%               -Jounin

• Character Name: Tai Tsukegami

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2016, 20:25:19 »
In the matter of sealing a enemy they, should only be able to be sealed depending on the stats of the sealing jutsu and the target.

This seems reasonable but for how long...
I think if it's sealing a player it can not be more then 2 min. The player will just log out and stop playing if you can seal a player alive for longer then that.

Personally I don't think a player should be able to be sealed alive Inless it's part of a medical ninjutsu to suspend them In a scroll untill you can get them to a hospital.

But I'm all for only being able to seal players corpses of equal or lower rank after you kill them.

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2016, 21:49:32 »
I think the hp be universal across all ranks, but the success rate should differ between the difference in rank. For instance, it would be much easier for a Jounin to seal a Genin than it would to seal a Jounin. It would be nigh impossible to seal a healthy ninja, Jounin or not (without consent).

Success rate could be like a base rate of 20% + <difference in rank>x10%

For instance a Kage vs Genin (+4) would have a success rate of 60%. Kage vs Kage (+0) -> 20% and Chuunin vs Jounin (-1) -> 10%.

As for health, I'd suggest 10 or 5% health left as a boundary for which sealing a target in scroll would become available as an option.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Manuster

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 21:53:10 »

What??? An individual will only ever have one chakra nature. Carrying around these scrolls are pointless.

If you're suggesting sealing actual jutsus in scrolls - as opposed to the handsigns required to learn it- then I have to say that it's ridiculously unfair.

Yeah I was just watching the last again and found this... A perfect example of Fuinjutsu abused...

Exactamundo, sealing jutsu may be fine if balanced enough but releasing it has to be very restricted.

I think if it's sealing a player it can not be more then 2 min. The player will just log out and stop playing if you can seal a player alive for longer then that.

Personally I don't think a player should be able to be sealed alive Inless it's part of a medical ninjutsu to suspend them In a scroll untill you can get them to a hospital.

But I'm all for only being able to seal players corpses of equal or lower rank after you kill them.

As for what you said about a "player logging out". When a user logs out, their character will remain ingame for a few minutes. This is to prevent logging out when at a disadvantage or losing. Logging out will never be a solution to any ingame problem.

As for being sealed alive, to prevent having the medical jutsu spammed, make it so that a player can only be sealed alive if they allow it and a timer to prevent repeated use.

This could also work its way into summonings. a player has to befriend a wild animal to such a point that the animal allows the player to seal them within a scroll. And just like that a summoning contract is made.

That may require some animal - human interaction and a sort of happiness meter.

Just speculating keke >.>

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 22:46:03 »
All these ideas are good but it's a slippery slope when you start being able to seal living things.

Unlike  inanimate objects and NPC charicters-
Players even if they agree will only alow them self to be sealed a short period of time.

sealing animals could be a kind of summon but
I think it was said no smart animals there for now willing animals

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 13:28:23 »

About the corpses, I'm all in for that as well, no matter the rank.
Those can be identified as an interact-able item/object to be either looted or used with sealing/reanimation (latter if implemented which I'm almost certain will not happen).

If a rogue player kills another rogue player but cares not for the bounty, and a squad comes along with a genin being able of fuuinjutsu, why not claim the bounty for your squad? I mean, it's not like the corpse is going to resist.
(However there should be a time-limit wherein the body can no longer be interacted with and disappear).

As for unconscious bodies (those fallen outside the perma-death zone), perhaps an option to 'bind' the chakra of that person to the scroll, allowing them to be summoned through it? (Instead of perma-sealing until unseal).

This allows for a more player-friendly approach whilst still allowing other players to capture a player or bring them in for interrogation.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 15:57:26 »

As for unconscious bodies (those fallen outside the perma-death zone), perhaps an option to 'bind' the chakra of that person to the scroll, allowing them to be summoned through it? (Instead of perma-sealing until unseal).

This allows for a more player-friendly approach whilst still allowing other players to capture a player or bring them in for interrogation.

This seems ok to me but it would have to be on the condition that they were defeated... You don't want people binding healthy people's chakra to summon them out of harms way or in to a better position to attack from.

Offline Sage32801

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2016, 21:28:08 »

That's not 'The Last' ya' know.........
  • Character Name: Tai Tsukegami

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2016, 12:03:53 »
Fine Baruto: the last naruto movie... The point is the kote... It makes Fuinjutsu extreamly powerful... As a defense and offense agents ninjutsu. Granted there's still Taijutsu and genjutsu but Fuinjutsu would need its own tree and need careful Monitoring

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2016, 14:29:16 »
Fine Baruto: the last naruto movie...
Boruto: Naruto the Movie
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2016, 13:52:17 »
The more I think about the kote... The more I think some version of it should be implemented

But only under certain conditions

1 that in order to seal and release the Jutsu
You must specialize in the bukijutsu and Fuinjutsu trees as well as master levels of chakra control.

2 that you can only specialize in 2 Majer tree skills

3 that the kote unlike in the movie would require the users own chakra to release the Jutsu out of the scroll. However this would be classified as a yang release and there for not react with elemental Jutsu as normal.

4 this would be a combined advanced skill of these 2 trees, on the same level as dojutsu (genjutsu tree),senjutsu (ninjutsu tree), and what ever version of the Lotus Technique we implement (Taijutsu).

When measured on the same tear as these the Kote's affects seem fairly reasonable under these conditions.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 13:55:34 by cmsurfer »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2016, 19:04:46 »
The more I think about the kote... The more I think some version of it should be implemented

You must specialize in the bukijutsu and Fuinjutsu trees as well as master levels of chakra control.

4 this would be a combined advanced skill of these 2 trees, on the same level as dojutsu (genjutsu tree),senjutsu (ninjutsu tree), and what ever version of the Lotus Technique we implement (Taijutsu).

I agree with your second and third points. But for your first one, I do not think should be required to seal it. To release it, maybe. But sealing should be possible with little/average experience of a jutsu.

As for your 4th point, I personally do not think that it should be a combined effect of both trees. If a Fuuinjutsu user doesnt use Bukijutsu then they would be at a disadvantage and vice versa.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2016, 19:49:36 »

I agree with your second and third points. But for your first one, I do not think should be required to seal it. To release it, maybe. But sealing should be possible with little/average experience of a jutsu.

As for your 4th point, I personally do not think that it should be a combined effect of both trees. If a Fuuinjutsu user doesnt use Bukijutsu then they would be at a disadvantage and vice versa.

The thing is if some one is going to master Bukijutsu there going to want to have at least some skill in Fuinjutsu as weapons are heavy and will slow you down.

And the kote is the most powerful form of Fuinjutsu but is useless with out the ninja tool to release it.

At the very least you should have a Bukijutsu skill of at least 75% of max tree stats to use the kote.
This would also alow the selling of sealed Jutsu attacks(ammo) for it to other players, but again they must have a max Fuinjutsu tree to release it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:49:39 by cmsurfer »

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent