Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65050
Latest: TishaCrock
New This Month: 571
New This Week: 114
New Today: 114
Stats
Total Posts: 79393
Total Topics: 23806
Most Online Today: 852
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 786
Total: 799

Author Topic: In combat maximum speed  (Read 25428 times)

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Raenir has no influence.
  • Recruiting for Kurohasu!
    • View Profile
Re: In combat maximum speed
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2015, 00:36:28 »
I am aware of what Vreg said. That is why i posted early on in this thread of how i feel the combat speed should work. I stated earlier we can agree to disagree. So let us do that on move on :) Who knows? Maybe Vreg will implement something entirely different to anything currently in this topic.
  • Character Name: Yoru Kusemono

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 11:06:04 »
Guess it's time for me to reply to this discussion.

First of all, I would appreciate if you guys stopped saying that SLO is based off of the Naruto Universe. It is not based off of the Naruto Universe, rather it is INSPIRED by the Naruto Universe.

Second, this is what I had in mind for speed before, during and after combat:

Your speed is linked to your health. If you have maximum health, you can run at your full potential. If you're at half of your health, being not that very healthy, you will not be able to run at your full potential aka maximum speed. This does not mean that the relation between health and maximum speed is powered by a common factor, i.e. 50% health means 50% of your maximum speed, the exact relation has yet to be defined. To put it simply, health represents your character's physical state, if you're half dead, clearly you shouldn't be able to run like Forrest.

But wait, there is more. Each jutsu has the potential to slow you down momentarily at the moment of impact, which is a realistic thing for various reasons I'm not going to mention here, and consequently something we'd like to see in SLO. For example, being hit by a kunai will cause a slowdown of a certain percentage for a period of something like 2 seconds. If you can't understand why, imagine yourself sprinting in real life and being hit by a throwing knife in the abdomen.

Let's move on to another example, a jutsu like Chidori, because of its power and properties, would end up preventing total movement for a period of time at the moment of impact. How would this look like in game you ask? SLO will have rag-doll physics (this is the first time I mention this to anyone), thus your character would stiffen up and realistically collapse at the moment of impact with a Chidori-like jutsu. SLO would also calculate inertia by looking at your and your aggressor's movement speed and direction at the moment of impact and use this information to make you "fly away" while you're collapsing. You'd be able to get up and run once more after the stunning effect of the Chidori-like jutsu has come to an end. Please bare in mind that a jutsu like Chidori would be a VERY high level technique, not something that can be mastered by your average fodder.

Other jutsu like Fire Breath will cause you to loose health only, which in turn will lower your maximum speed, but they will not directly and momentarily cause you to slow down at the moment of impact.

As a final statement, don't think that if it's inspired by Naruto, it can't be realistic. May I remind you that MOST techniques in Naruto could be replicated in real life if we used an alternate power source instead of the fictional chakra.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Higashi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Higashi has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Rōguhantā       
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 18:48:52 »
Maybe I didn't see it but I don't think you answered the argument. Will you not be able to move when your health is low?
  • Character Name: Higashi Himitsu

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 20:37:16 »
Maybe I didn't see it but I don't think you answered the argument. Will you not be able to move when your health is low?
You saw it but didn't understand. I've clearly stated that
Your speed is linked to your health. If you have maximum health, you can run at your full potential. If you're at half of your health, being not that very healthy, you will not be able to run at your full potential aka maximum speed. This does not mean that the relation between health and maximum speed is powered by a common factor, i.e. 50% health means 50% of your maximum speed, the exact relation has yet to be defined.
Having low health will make you overall slower, but it wont make you completely immobile. How much slower has yet to be determined.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 20:39:16 »
Would there be body flicker??? Or even Leg Weights
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 20:51:37 by m4r1us »
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 20:50:28 »
Would there be body flicker???
Or even Leg Weights
Try not to double post, I'm not a mod or anything but it's just annoying. Not sure why, it just is.
I'm pretty sure you could of condensed those two posts into one. :P
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Recent Topics

Как создать новую тему 188.166.151.21 ?? by Marshallyic
Today at 02:59:42

剣客 Hikatsuri by FrankJScott
Yesterday at 19:30:05

Heneti Roboko by FrankJScott
Yesterday at 19:28:38

Takumo by FrankJScott
Yesterday at 19:28:20

Be anecdotal multicentre coagulability cost-containment, price of priligy short- by FrankJScott
Yesterday at 19:24:09

Aoi Kirishima by FrankJScott
Yesterday at 19:20:06

Shakira Himitsu by FrankJScott
Yesterday at 19:14:24

"Revolution" by FrankJScott
Yesterday at 19:09:14

Heeellloooo! by FrankJScott
Yesterday at 19:08:55

Красивая арктика by Ismaelted
Yesterday at 17:05:25

Top Posters