Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64458
Latest: lisinopril 20 mg 12.5 mg
New This Month: 327
New This Week: 15
New Today: 15
Stats
Total Posts: 76624
Total Topics: 22168
Most Online Today: 1175
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 621
Total: 632
Leonvws
EdithSoure
Google (9)

Author Topic: Perk system complex suggestions  (Read 4452 times)

Offline adithya

Perk system complex suggestions
« on: September 22, 2015, 14:20:51 »
So, something creationAz said and a brodual video of perkusmaximus, made me think of slo's basic perk system.  I'm sure many of you have ideas, and those ideas might come useful for the actual mmo release. 

Now, I'm not going to post an elaborate system suggestions, this is just something I've started, to let people do exactly that, so post away.

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
Re: Perk system complex suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 14:50:47 »
do you mean shit like : 5%+ for fire nature, 10%+ speed etc. if so, this pretty much takes away it being solely based on skill
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline adithya

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 14:58:59 »
@limshits 3-0  yeah.  As much as we would love it to be skill based, slo is ultimately an mmorpg. The skills system need to exist.

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 15:10:48 »
i just don't really think it needs to be in a game like this, there will be KG and chakra mixes which might take the skill away by a bit, so i don't really see the need of putting a perk system in.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 17:59:42 »
well, something not exactly related to perks:

the rain system can make Water users stronger, or being near a water body helps the water user, which makes him use less chakra, and Air can be strengthened in Windy weather, Earth when near lots of huge Rocks, Lightning in Thunderstorms, but Fire is the real nuisance... you don't see a lot of Fire around in daily life, do you? xD so maybe, when the sky is clear? idk, Volcanoes make sense, but you don't find them as often as Water bodies, or Huge rocks... so I think Clear sky will have to do, since the temperature will be hotter, maybe the it is easier for the user to make flames easily? Idk :P
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 18:48:52 »
no offence, that's worse than the perk idea

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 20:36:26 »
Ikr, now that I look back that'd work with avatar, not naruto xD, forget about that :3.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline bloberfish

• Water Release Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • bloberfish has no influence.
  • Family is sacred, never give them up!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 20:50:22 »
Please clear this up @Vreg
  • Character Name: Arashi

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 23:42:21 »
Whether or not there will be a "perk" system is neither here nor there for one simple reason: People's definition of perk vary.

I don't know what Vreg sees as a perk, but in my own opinion, what has been "exampled" above is not necessary. I believe there will already be a "perk" system in the game, and that will be in a form of time-based leveling. For example, in order to increase the damage of a certain flame jutsu, one will need to consistently train and use said jutsu. Vreg also once said that similar jutsu (e.g Fire ball and Fire breath) could possibly have complementary factors. This meaning that by leveling up Fire Breath, Fire Ball will slightly increase along with it due to them being so similar. This would translate over to all aspects of the game, because by time-based leveling, I mean that a player needs to constantly train and use what he wishes to level up, running for stamina and speed, jumping for further height and distance, etc. You get the picture.

Now, like I said previously, the definition of "perk" varies, and I could have completely misread the purpose of this post in terms of what you meant by perks, but along my thoughts, this seems like a perk system mixed into an extensive leveling system. This would result into a game that is not about 100% skill, but as well as time and commitment.

Items are another conversation however. Even though it's pretty dead-set on them being in the game for cosmetic reasons only.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline adithya

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 03:11:46 »
Whether or not there will be a "perk" system is neither here nor there for one simple reason: People's definition of perk vary.

I don't know what Vreg sees as a perk, but in my own opinion, what has been "exampled" above is not necessary. I believe there will already be a "perk" system in the game, and that will be in a form of time-based leveling. For example, in order to increase the damage of a certain flame jutsu, one will need to consistently train and use said jutsu. Vreg also once said that similar jutsu (e.g Fire ball and Fire breath) could possibly have complementary factors. This meaning that by leveling up Fire Breath, Fire Ball will slightly increase along with it due to them being so similar. This would translate over to all aspects of the game, because by time-based leveling, I mean that a player needs to constantly train and use what he wishes to level up, running for stamina and speed, jumping for further height and distance, etc. You get the picture.

Now, like I said previously, the definition of "perk" varies, and I could have completely misread the purpose of this post in terms of what you meant by perks, but along my thoughts, this seems like a perk system mixed into an extensive leveling system. This would result into a game that is not about 100% skill, but as well as time and commitment.

Items are another conversation however. Even though it's pretty dead-set on them being in the game for cosmetic reasons only.
No, you understood the purpose perfectly

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 16:36:38 »

Well put @Xendrus..., have some rep.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 19:18:00 »
Limits is right about the bonuses from items or "skill points".  After a while they would add up and it would be Neverwinter's pvp all over again.

Also,you dont put in skill points to improve techniques irl :P SLO might be an mmorpg, but its trying to simulate life as a shinobi in the Naruto world. With the combat system in the test, it is leagues above other mmos. ( lol )  SLO wont be the same.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.