Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64475
Latest: RaFaIXI
New This Month: 344
New This Week: 20
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 77119
Total Topics: 22633
Most Online Today: 1357
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1096
Total: 1108
Vilianamzr
RaFaIXI
Google (AdSense)
Google (9)

Author Topic: Choice to kill or let live after battle!  (Read 11281 times)

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
Choice to kill or let live after battle!
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:11:21 »
A solution for the dilemma of how people are going to choose whether or not to kill someone after a battle would be to put the chat box to use.
For instance, let's say that I am a rouge ninja on the run due to a bounty and two shinobi have caught me, cue fighting music. We fight and fight and fight, assuming I am strong, eventually I manage to I guess knock one of them out, or however you guys decide to go about doing that. Anyways, one of them is out of the fight, knocked out over by a tree. It is now a one v one, and I somehow manage to repeat the process and defeat the second opponent.

Now, if you guys some how can use the chat box to display a message saying something along the lines of "You have defeated <player> in combat, you have <number> minutes to decide what to do!", then below that give them some chat command to decide to let them live, or have two keys, 1 being live another being death. This way nothing will appear out of nowhere and inhibit you from fighting, and if you can you can easily push the button and decide. Granted, there is the possibility of mistakes, but then you have the chat command to compensate. The time limit also adds to the realism, because if you don't kill someone, and they aren't bleeding out or something along those lines, like if it is just a KO, they won't be out cold forever. Thus, if the victor forgets about someone, then they will be awoken on the same spot, but in a weakened state. Adding to that idea, if you are defeated in battle, your screen should go black or goto something else that way if you do manage to come-to, it'd be like you were knocked out in real life, you wouldn't know where everyone is or what's happened. Also lol, I just keep rambling, if possible to make it realistic, if you guys decide to add the knock out thing, if you come-to after the time limit has expired, your screen should be a little fuzzy or something. Meh, just some ideas and thoughts.

If you need anything clarified or have an questions, feel free to ask! ^^

• Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Choice to kill or let live after battle!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:45:51 »
Wow I think that's a great idea man, the message in the chat box and the time limit sounds great I do agree with this idea!! [thumbs up]
I wouldn't like a little window popping out bothering everytime.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 10:12:51 »
I dunno if I got it right but that way you could be 30 meters away from your victim press 1 and he'd still die...
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 10:32:41 »
either way he would be already knock out. well.... yeah doesn't  sounds completly fair. Maybe a distance limit haha :P just saying >.<
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 15:20:23 »
Wow I think that's a great idea man, the message in the chat box and the time limit sounds great I do agree with this idea!! [thumbs up]
I wouldn't like a little window popping out bothering everytime.

Then we could simply let the window pop up when you Hit alt to open the interaction mode where a cursor will appear, and then you click on your defeated opponent.

This way you'll still be able to decide his fate via the window, but it wont disturb you as you'll choose when it's to appear.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline Ryuujin

• Academy Student Poster
  • Ryuujin has no influence.
  • I'm new around here, well I am...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 15:52:43 »
Why don't you simply have an interaction key, for example rightclick, when you're close to a knocked out person which will trigger an animation where you sit on top of the person and slit his throat (or something along those lines)... Simple, and you'll have animations where you actually kill the person, instead of people dying just randomly.
  • Character Name: Ryuujin
*No signature needed*

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 16:40:56 »
When someone is defeated, a countdown of about 10 minutes will occur before that person passes out and wakes up in a nearby hospital. This person is completely immobile and unable to do anything but talk, any gear on him can be taken by anyone. During this 10 minute window, anyone can kill him, and there would be no reason at all to do this.

The ones that actually kill a defeated person for no reason at all can be considered truly evil, because they are willingly deleting someone's hard work without it having any advantage to them. They would do it purely for the joy they would get out of the misery of someone else.

Sometimes people will have reasons to kill a defeated character, either out of hatred or out of justice.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 19:54:51 »
Wait-- Will there be an option to let them live? If so, shouldn't they have to get themselves to the nearest town/village/hospital?
Like, after you're defeated and your friend defeats and kills the enemy in a 2v1 or whatever, then helps you up or lets you live, then shouldn't he have to help you get to the hospital instead of it automatically teleporting you? If he does, then you'd be in a weakened and slower state or something. I'm kinda just repeating myself at this point.

Vreg, you said 'During this 10 minute window, anyone can kill him, and there would be no reason at all to do this.'
My question is how?
Will there be a choice to let them live, or will the time limit be the choice for life?
Will there be no option, but you would simply have to walk up to the person and strike a final blow?
no matter the outcome, to avoid any block or annoyance on screen, I feel like at least a message to the victor should appear in chat saying like 'You have defeated <name> blah blah blah blah blah'.

Geez, come to think of it, if you were to go about being realistic about this, you can have no box appear, no message sent and make it to where the victor is /forced/ to go check to see whether their enemy is immobilized and downed for real, which would also allow you, the developers, to allow players to 'Play Dead' in a sense so if the victor goes to check carelessly, he can be defeated. Or something like that idk!

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 00:12:19 »
When you go near a person, you'll be able to interact with them. When someone is defeated, one of the possible options will be killing them.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 19:05:08 »
How will you choose these options, what if an ally runs up to his wounded friend and selects the option to live or save.

Ps- I love the idea that anyone has the ability to kill people who are downed. Realism is the best tool in making a great game ^^

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 02:40:06 »
How will you choose these options, what if an ally runs up to his wounded friend and selects the option to live or save.

Ps- I love the idea that anyone has the ability to kill people who are downed. Realism is the best tool in making a great game ^^
How you will choose these options you'll find out in the future and only a medical ninja will be able to revive/heal a person.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 21:14:09 »
Sounds like a plan to me.