Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64470
Latest: Interfaceqfn
New This Month: 339
New This Week: 15
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76930
Total Topics: 22446
Most Online Today: 1639
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1115
Total: 1127

Author Topic: Friendly fire  (Read 17874 times)

Offline Lasher

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Lasher has no influence.
  • Naruto fan for life
    • View Profile
Friendly fire
« on: October 12, 2013, 09:09:54 »
Will you be able to dmg your own team mates like cause a fireball jutsu explodes and your friend just so happens to be chillin there would he get hurt. Might put a interesting dynamic into the game

• Character Name: Lasher

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly fire
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 09:12:49 »
I hope so. It's posibble to hit your team mate "accidently". (better if you start to fear Sagashima :D )
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
  • justforbusiness has no influence.
  • Kusogakure shall rise again!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 10:48:42 »
youre just like another friend of mine =-="

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 10:49:30 »
youre just like another friend of mine =-="

Isn't that friend is me accidently? :D
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
  • justforbusiness has no influence.
  • Kusogakure shall rise again!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 10:51:37 »
no i apperently drag alot of maniacs XP

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 14:40:56 »
Will you be able to dmg your own team mates like cause a fireball jutsu explodes and your friend just so happens to be chillin there would he get hurt. Might put a interesting dynamic into the game
We're probably going to work with safe zones (i.e. no fighting in an official village), but where you can attack others, you can attack your comrades.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 20:07:39 »
I dont think friendly fire should be included unless youre doing a PVP battle. It'll get really ugly...
Or maybe have it where you can activate a PvE mode for those that want to do it. But I know I'd be pissed if I were just about to kill a boss and some asshole shoots a fireball and "accidently" kills us both.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 20:42:05 »
I dont think friendly fire should be included unless youre doing a PVP battle. It'll get really ugly...
Or maybe have it where you can activate a PvE mode for those that want to do it. But I know I'd be pissed if I were just about to kill a boss and some asshole shoots a fireball and "accidently" kills us both.
You've got to always watch your back buddy. Now that we're talking about dieing, what if I only allowed you to die once?

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 21:03:20 »
You've got to always watch your back buddy. Now that we're talking about dieing, what if I only allowed you to die once?
If we only got one life then that would lead to a lot of problems and complaints on your end depending on how its handled.
IE: If i die, do i lose all of my items, or do they get transferred to a new character? Do i have to start back over at level 1, or does this new character pick up on whatever level I last was, etc.
At the end of the day with friendly fire included you'll have people going around killing others and you'll have an endless stream of complaints and requests  for old characters back.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 22:06:05 »
If we only got one life then that would lead to a lot of problems and complaints on your end depending on how its handled.
IE: If i die, do i lose all of my items, or do they get transferred to a new character? Do i have to start back over at level 1, or does this new character pick up on whatever level I last was, etc.
At the end of the day with friendly fire included you'll have people going around killing others and you'll have an endless stream of complaints and requests  for old characters back.
I meant like character is deleted forever. That would put a trust no one feel into the game. And a constant awareness feel into the game. And people would truly fear the strong ones.

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 22:26:01 »
Some people would like that, and some people would not.

Which is why i think a Permanent death feature should be implemented in a separate server if anything.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 23:44:33 »

Which is why i think a Permanent death feature should be implemented in a separate server if anything.
That's a great idea! Like only official people (like myself) will be allowed to host such servers for security reasons (when we won't have dedicated servers).

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 00:07:02 »
I meant like character is deleted forever. That would put a trust no one feel into the game. And a constant awareness feel into the game. And people would truly fear the strong ones.

I definitely understand the dynamic that would bring to the game, but still. At the very least I think that if you pledge your allegiance to a village then that should automatically make everybody from that village a no-friendly-fire target. I mean damn.. I get the whole trust no one thing, but I should at least be able to trust the people from my village. How are we supposed to build strong nations if everyone in the village is divided? That'd be too much chaos. How are we supposed to complete a mission if at any given moment that my health is low, i have to worry about them killing me for my xp/gear?

Now if you really hate somebody in your village that much and you really just want to attack them, i think you should have to renounce your village, and become a missing-nin. You then lose that village no-friendly-fire immunity and you can attack. Of course this should mean you can never join that village again.

I didnt know how many servers there would be. That was actually gonna be one of my questions. The other being how many characters per server you can create.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 00:16:25 »
We're probably going to work with safe zones (i.e. no fighting in an official village), but where you can attack others, you can attack your comrades.
So I won't be able to attack one of the big villages every once in a while just to fail miserably??  :'( :'(
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 01:06:44 »
So I won't be able to attack one of the big villages every once in a while just to fail miserably??  :'( :'(
Yeah sorry, that would be too reckless. I think it would be possible though when we get a system where a village gets attacked by another village.

I definitely understand the dynamic that would bring to the game, but still. At the very least I think that if you pledge your allegiance to a village then that should automatically make everybody from that village a no-friendly-fire target. I mean damn.. I get the whole trust no one thing, but I should at least be able to trust the people from my village. How are we supposed to build strong nations if everyone in the village is divided? That'd be too much chaos. How are we supposed to complete a mission if at any given moment that my health is low, i have to worry about them killing me for my xp/gear?

Now if you really hate somebody in your village that much and you really just want to attack them, i think you should have to renounce your village, and become a missing-nin. You then lose that village no-friendly-fire immunity and you can attack. Of course this should mean you can never join that village again.

I didnt know how many servers there would be. That was actually gonna be one of my questions. The other being how many characters per server you can create.
I think friendly fire must be enabled because there are lots of double faced people in the world, and therefore also in our realistic simulation. Even in the Naruto world, look at Kabuto in the beginning, he was hostile, but pretended to be one of the good guys. Of course this friendly attacking is only possible outside the village where it's not safe. In a real life scenario no one would be stupid enough to do an open attack inside a village whether he's an enemy or a pretend friend, so attacking in a village is disabled in general.

And the servers will initially be hosted by users, I'm going to make this as safe as possible. But this is our only option for now since we haven't seen any serious funding yet. If we get serious funding at some point (my guess is that this is only possible if Shinobi Life Online is at least what I want to be in version 1.2.0), then we can do dedicated servers that will be able to support numbers like 1000 players simultaneously. With this user hosting system, servers will only be able to go up to 200 simultaneously (I think, probably less).

But this won't be too big of a deal because at version 1.2.0 Shinobi Life Online won't be an RPG yet, so having massive servers at that time won't really be necessary. By the time Shinobi Life Online is an actual MMOARPG, I'm hoping (and I think) we'll have enough funding for dedicated servers.

What I was saying is, maybe we'll do something like death servers (only hostable by Shinobi Life Online staff) where everything is 2x, but getting killed also gets your character permanently deleted from our database.

Oh and now that we're talking character, every account (Shinobi Life Online website account) will have one character linked to it. This character will be cross-server.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent