Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 10
New Today: 10
Stats
Total Posts: 76720
Total Topics: 22264
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1033
Total: 1047

Author Topic: 3d person and first person  (Read 34741 times)

Offline Rhythm

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rhythm has no influence.
  • Graphic Designer : www.youtube.com/RhythmDesignz
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe my youtube channel here! (PM for designs.)
3d person and first person
« on: August 15, 2013, 19:45:20 »
Hey i had an idea.

It would be awesome in my opinion to be able too choose between 3d person and first person just like in skyrim that would really be awesome.

you can see ur hands and ur sword taijutsu and shit like that hand seals but then in first person mode would really like it if this would be implomented.

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
Re: 3d person and first person
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:53:54 »
well idk why, it wont be hard to implement but iguess you know you're at a disadvantage when using the  first person because you would be unable to see  all of your surroundings.

Smeone who will come from your back and jump a little will make you dizzy.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline Rhythm

• Academy Student Poster
  • Rhythm has no influence.
  • Graphic Designer : www.youtube.com/RhythmDesignz
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe my youtube channel here! (PM for designs.)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 11:39:42 »
yeh but its just about people being able to choose i would really like because it would feel that youre actually playing the char

Offline Zabuza Momochi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Zabuza Momochi has no influence.
  • Kirigakure no Kijin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 17:44:20 »
I would love the first person.

I know that you are going to be at a disadvantage using it, but it's great, I always use first person when I have the opportunity. It makes me get into the role of my character. It's fun and many people like it, it would be awesome.
"When you've hovered between life and death so many times that it doesn't faze you, you may be called a ninja. When you've become so deadly that your profile has been entered into my bingo book, then you may have earned the title ninja."

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 23:58:19 »
It's indeed something that could be easily implemented. But the easy implementation wouldn't be as good as you'd think. Skyrim uses separate meshes for the first person mode to make everything look good. If we just changed the camera angle it wouldn't look as good as you'd expect it to be.

And making separate meshes and everything for a good looking first person mode with as limited resources as we have, is definitely not an easy implementation.

Update:

I'd personally love to see first person some day in Shinobi Life Online, it would complement the "simu" part of Shinobi Life Online. Simu refers to simulation for those who don't know.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 23:59:54 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Zabuza Momochi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Kirigakure no Kijin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 01:05:10 »
I understand what you say about the separate meshes. I play a DayZ mod for SAMP (San Andreas Multiplayer), where it's possible to enable the first person view. But, it's just a changed camera angle like you said, and it's like to watch the player model really close.

Sorry my bad english.
"When you've hovered between life and death so many times that it doesn't faze you, you may be called a ninja. When you've become so deadly that your profile has been entered into my bingo book, then you may have earned the title ninja."

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 08:10:11 »
I understand what you say about the separate meshes. I play a DayZ mod for SAMP (San Andreas Multiplayer), where it's possible to enable the first person view. But, it's just a changed camera angle like you said, and it's like to watch the player model really close.

Sorry my bad english.
Didn't know SAMP had DayZ, I used to spend lots of time on MTA Dayz

Offline Zabuza Momochi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Kirigakure no Kijin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 00:29:33 »

Sorry my bad english.

MTA has it too? I will check it out, thanks.

And sorry for the off topic xD.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 00:35:46 »

Sorry my bad english.

MTA has it too? I will check it out, thanks.

And sorry for the off topic xD.
MTA's is the original as far as I know. It's really good. MTA is also a lot more cheater proof than SAMP.

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • Amaterasu has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 11:37:56 »
I was actually hoping a naruto based mmo wouldn't come out in third person. I think third person should be allowed but limited to the byakugan and sensory type ninja.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 11:44:44 »
I was actually hoping a naruto based mmo wouldn't come out in third person. I think third person should be allowed but limited to the byakugan and sensory type ninja.
Lol no worst idea ever. What's the point of character customization if only others will get to see your character.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 11:48:31 »
Really? People have spinner rims, but from inside their cars....they can't even see them spin! - Katt Williams lol

Planetside has loads of character customization, yet it's first person.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 13:31:47 by Saitou »

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 11:50:34 »
Really? People have spinner rims, but from inside their cars....they can't even see them spin! - Katt Williams lol

Most people here want 3rd person. If you want one in first person then please go ahead and make your own game...

Edit: nice double post

Offline Amaterasu

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 12:04:27 »
I would the majority is starting to lean towards first person. The TES fans threw a fit when the zenimax told them they weren't planning on adding arms in first person on ESO.
By the, character customization is so that everyone their own distinguishing features. Not so that you stare at your butt in tight jeans while you play.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 12:11:06 »
I would the majority is starting to lean towards first person. The TES fans threw a fit when the zenimax told them they weren't planning on adding arms in first person on ESO.
By the, character customization is so that everyone their own distinguishing features. Not so that you stare at your butt in tight jeans while you play.
Just as I said then go ahead if things go as you suppose they should your game's gonna be very popular. Third person is infinitely more fun. And besides with perma death it's gonna be hard to survive anyways, someone sneaking up on you from behind would make it even worse. I like many others am gonna stick with 3rd person.

Let me enlighten you before such brilliant ideas occur to you anymore, there'll be no byakugan/sharingan in Shinobi Life Online.

And good job with the double posts, I wonder how many you can do before you get banned, especially since you do them intentionally. Good job again.