Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 63874
Latest: Ponaldbiz
New This Month: 3967
New This Week: 29
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 73425
Total Topics: 20391
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 962
Total: 966
Ponaldbiz
Google (3)

Author Topic: Dev Blog 8 - March 7th 2017  (Read 131001 times)

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Dev Blog 8 - March 7th 2017
« on: March 08, 2017, 20:01:15 »
Dev Blog – March 8th 2017

Greetings gentles and welcome to a very special edition of the dev blog, featuring *actual development*! My name is Whatasnipe, and I'll be your fearless captain this evening as we embark on this exciting journey together! There isn't a whole lot of new news, because this Dev Blog is to update you on progress pertaining to things that have already been shown, however there are definitely some new things worth mentioning. To start things off, we've found two new team members. Make sure to toss your welcomes at Daniel in programming and Marci on webdesign when you get the chance! Marci is going to be working on a fresh new website to attract more attention and keep us looking professional. Daniel has been working on a building creation tool using our building kits for the community, meaning you'll be able to design buildings in the editor, and also actively help development as part of the community!

Texturing

You can always count on Matt to be cranking out the goods here in the texturing department, so finally the long awaited Hidden Hill Village has been  assembled and is more or less just pending the implementation process. For now Matt is working on some smaller. Stay tuned, enjoy some of his more recent work, and remember to tip your local texture artist/village builder.

Modelling/Animation

Darren and Matt L. have been putting a lot of time into the trailer over the last little while, ironing out all of the details and really stringing together different ideas so that they can start finalization. The trailer has really taken shape in the last couple of iterations, coming closer and closer to the final product. I suspect the next few weeks will be incredibly fruitful in terms of progress on this front. This also means that the new character model is getting close to deployment as well, and is only undergoing a couple more finishing touches to meet the SLO Brand of excellency.

Concept Art

Aaron has been helping with the trailer for the time being, working on some different shots and creating some stills so that we have a clear direction for the final product, and we can really reflect the lore decisions while having some artistic flair to go with it.

Vreg

As you know the long awaited Kenjutsu update is finally here! Available first to chuunin donator + for testing, however will be available to the general public soon after. Our new Kenjutsu system allows you to use a Katana to cut down those who oppose you with a quick strike! Although it does less damage than being impaled by a fist full of lightning, it features damage based on your running speed at the moment of impact, as well as a dash that pushes you forward as you slash at your foes! This is the first time we've been able to murder our friends and enemies without the use of hand signs and fancy jutsu, truly a time to be alive! Get in on the swordplay as soon as possible, because as the Kenjutsu system evolves you'll be able to sharpen your wits and really be on the cutting edge of the SLO combat meta. (Not apologizing for the terrible puns). Vreg will be improving our Kenjutsu system as we go so remember that this is an early version, a foundation if you will, for what's to come. This means that all bugs caused by the implementation of Kenjutsu will be fixed shortly, and we appreciate everyone taking the time to report them.

That's it for the 8th installation of our Development Blog, keep your eyes peeled as the updates start rolling out, and as always check out or social media, discord server and the shoutbox for more frequent updates!

Offline AbeMelbs

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • AbeMelbs has no influence.
  • Leader of The Creed
    • View Profile
    • Youtube - Vongola SLO
  • Clan:
    Code: [Select]
    [url=www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=3186.0][img]i.imgur.com/NWnjp2v.png?1[/img][/url]
  • Organization: The Creed
Re: Dev Blog 8 - March 7th 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 20:06:50 »
Awesome update and everything looks amazing. Good Work Guys!

1 question, The water looks absolutely amazing and everything but... will we actually be able to walk on it, walls also?
  • Character Name: Kyuzaki
What was I thinking?

View My Video

My Character

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 20:18:00 »

1 question, The water looks absolutely amazing and everything but... will we actually be able to walk on it, walls also?

But of course! Water and Wall walking is a planned feature ^^

Offline CaioDarT

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • CaioDarT has no influence.
  • Zero Reiends Frere Heal
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

• Organization: RoguhantaBlackbox
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 20:35:52 »
Well done Guys! Keep up the good work. The maps and the characters looks really great, and cant wait to see the trailer when it gets finished! Congratulations on the add of Kenjutsu we have all been waiting for it since it was first announced :)

Offline AbeMelbs

• Genin Poster
  • AbeMelbs has no influence.
  • Leader of The Creed
    • View Profile
    • Youtube - Vongola SLO
  • Clan:
    Code: [Select]
    [url=www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=3186.0][img]i.imgur.com/NWnjp2v.png?1[/img][/url]
  • Organization: The Creed
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 21:12:19 »

But of course! Water and Wall walking is a planned feature ^^

Awesome cheers!
  • Character Name: Kyuzaki
What was I thinking?

View My Video

My Character

Offline Manuster

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 21:31:14 »
Gj gj absolutely fabulous

Those puns tho...kys

I saw this picture as the background of a song on a semi popular youtube channel...did it come from SLO????

Damn...mad
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 21:48:13 »
curious to see what the trailer will look like....

keep up the good work!
Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 00:10:49 »
Amazing graphics!
Cant wait to see the village beeing added.

...and more kenjutsu related things,ofcourse.
Speaking of that:
What is the next thing you want to implement(combat wise)?
Do you want to focus on improving allready existing jutsu,s/kenjutsu,the general movement system,or completely new things like taijutsu or new ninjutsu,s?
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Blazefp

• Academy Student Poster
  • Blazefp has no influence.
  • What a drag....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 01:00:37 »
Great work! Specially like the aesthetics of the village, looks quite cheerful and alive even without players.

Yet it looks rather small. I understand you need to save on graphical resources but I actually wouldn't mind having sort of a loading screen on the village gates or its vicinities if you're considering implementing Conan-like warfare. I find it hard to call it a village with police department, marketplace, hospital, etc and then "only" a dozen houses. I mean the school alone seems to take as much room as the rest of the habitable village. Imagine that with only 100 players, it'd already look kinda crowded. I lose my immersion on a game quite quickly when I see something like this. It's one of my few complains about skyrim, the cities are supposed to be big and bold but you can literally jog from dragonsreach to the gates in less than 30sec.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:44:03 by Blazefp »
  • Character Name: Blazefp

Offline LethalDarkness4

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • LethalDarkness4 has no influence.
  • Tsunagami Co-Leader
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsunagami Clan
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 01:44:55 »
This looks amazing guys, keep it up :D

Great work! Specially like the aesthetics of the village, looks quite cheerful and alive even without players.

Yet it looks rather small. I understand you need to save on graphical resources but I actually wouldn't mind having sort of a loading screen on the village gates or its vicinities if you're considering implementing Conan-like warfare. I find it hard to call it a village with police department, marketplace, hospital, etc and then "only" a dozen houses. I mean the school alone seems to take as much room as the rest of the habitable village. Imagine that with only 100 players, it's already look kinda crowded. I lose my immersion on a game quite quickly when I see something like this. It's one of my few complains about skyrim, the cities are supposed to be big and bold but you can literally jog from dragonsreach to the gates in less than 30sec.

I actually get where you are coming from tbh I also thought the village was kinda small but I never said anything about it cuz I thought the devs wouldn't add anything else as they had already planned how the village was going to look. I do believe they are implementing a system where you can add more things to the village. So maybe there is a way to fix that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:50:26 by LethalDarkness4 »
  • Character Name: Kensei Tsunagami

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Chunin Poster
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 08:52:13 »
This looks amazing guys, keep it up :D

Yet it looks rather small. I understand you need to save on graphical resources but I actually wouldn't mind having sort of a loading screen on the village gates or its vicinities if you're considering implementing Conan-like warfare. I find it hard to call it a village with police department, marketplace, hospital, etc and then "only" a dozen houses. I mean the school alone seems to take as much room as the rest of the habitable village. Imagine that with only 100 players, it's already look kinda crowded. I lose my immersion on a game quite quickly when I see something like this. It's one of my few complains about skyrim, the cities are supposed to be big and bold but you can literally jog from dragonsreach to the gates in less than 30sec.

I actually get where you are coming from tbh I also thought the village was kinda small but I never said anything about it cuz I thought the devs wouldn't add anything else as they had already planned how the village was going to look. I do believe they are implementing a system where you can add more things to the village. So maybe there is a way to fix that.

Yes the village will be expanded, most likely with your help by using the community building creator tool Daniel has been developing with Vreg. This is just the first iteration. And trust me it will be a strain on some of your PC's at this stage whilst we optimize so going smaller is a better idea rn. As for that art piece @Manuster  I can assure you that is mine lol, but I didnt really post it anywhere apart from here so I doubt it was on another channel, maybe just a similar looking image idk
  • Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline AY0

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 10:24:00 »
Is it Only Me Or Somebody else noticed the EarthWall Bug
i Cna put it where i want
even if its red i can summun the wall '-'
  • Character Name: AYO

Offline taigakun

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 16:39:53 »
Nice work guys. Worth the wait!! keep up the awesome work.
And welcome guys!!!!!

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 17:25:28 »
Great job but i hope we'll get more frequent updates :p
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline RyRy

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Chunin Poster
  • RyRy has no influence.
  • Nan
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 03:06:00 »
Can't wait to have the village and forest. Seeing how the game plays in these environments will be quite exciting :)
Keep up the work guys! (Pls)

My final form

Biggest Shidori on SLO
Shout out to CaioDarT and Rapho for the character image!