Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64092
Latest: Clarazkaalota
New This Month: 4185
New This Week: 151
New Today: 26
Stats
Total Posts: 73955
Total Topics: 20803
Most Online Today: 1675
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1067
Total: 1079

Author Topic: Overgrowth SLO  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Ferros456

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ferros456 has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue
    • View Profile
Overgrowth SLO
« on: June 10, 2017, 13:36:49 »
If anyone heard of or played Overgrowth then do you think SLO would work well with the mechanics from overgrowth?

• Character Name: Rett

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: Overgrowth SLO
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 14:21:32 »
The game mechanics sorta' remind me of Assassin's Creed mechanics. Other than the slow running pace demonstrated in the Overgrowth, I could see SLO using similar mechanics for running on walls and grappling on edges.

I would prefer having the stated game mechanics rather than the 'low control' jumping and double jumping which doesn't give you a lot of freedom of where you want to go, as it is now, we just jump and hope to not go too far, whereas I would like it if we could pounce and choose to grab onto the edge of a building, then be able to move sideways, jump down or climb on top.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline IbrahimRafi

• Genin Poster
  • IbrahimRafi has no influence.
  • It’s hard to explain
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 15:16:49 »
I think they should take inspiration from Assassin's Creed, this way we would be able to climb up/down/left/right of a wall or surface, instead of being like overgrowth where you either climb up or fall to the ground. However I do like the wall running mechanics and the ability to backflip off walls on to other ones. It would also be cool to have a rolling mechanic to land safely on the ground like overgrowth (For example you should have to press a certain button just before hitting the ground to land safely and take less damage, this will not work if you jump from extreme heights though).
  • Character Name: Raiden

Offline Ferros456

• Academy Student Poster
  • Patience is a virtue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 16:15:31 »
Do you guys think the unarmed combat system in Overgrowth would work for SLO where you can throw your opponent and your attack changes according which way you're moving etc?

Offline IbrahimRafi

• Genin Poster
  • IbrahimRafi has no influence.
  • It’s hard to explain
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 17:58:25 »
Do you guys think the unarmed combat system in Overgrowth would work for SLO where you can throw your opponent and your attack changes according which way you're moving etc?
Not really, I don't think the overgrowth mechanics would work within SLO, mostly because SLO is an MMO whereas Overgrowth is not.
  • Character Name: Raiden

Offline Ferros456

• Academy Student Poster
  • Patience is a virtue
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 16:49:22 »
Good point xD

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 14:41:07 »
Having finally bin able to download and play overgrowth I'm able to chime in there.

There are a few things that overgrowth did right but a lot I don't want to see in SLO.

The goods!!

1 the fall recovery system!
   I would love for this to be implemented in SLO. Were you can recover no matter if your in the air or on the ground.

2 the block and counter system!!
   I love you can throw and block if the time I g is right!! Makes for a very skill based combat system.

3 proximity to target triggered Taijutsu
Overgrowth did a great job with this!! As soon a target enters a certain range the combat system activates.

4 disarm
The best part of the combat in overgrowth is the abuility to disarm the opponent!! This should be harder in SLO but should be possible based on the skill in Kenjutsu or the weapons user and the skill in Taijutsu of the target.

The bads!!
   1 the most effective attacks are the sneek attacks. This is not going to work in SLO. It's great for a game fighting NPC's but put real players in the game unless your invisible to the other player they will see you. But that's fine if your using a jutsu. I would like to see a sneek to remove the sound of footsteps. But do are own type the one in overgrowth is too slow.

2 the single button attacks!
I want a better combo of attacks 3 buttons minimum no more then 5 though. Her is why
With 3 buttons you have 18 different combos with out directional information and can be entered quickly. Any more then 5 though you get too meny to remember.

3 the run up walls and climbing.
Holding space bar is too easy. I would like to see a chakra control key. That manual sends chakra to your feet.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 18:04:22 by NinjaMirage »