Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64806
Latest: MinnieStru
New This Month: 327
New This Week: 145
New Today: 43
Stats
Total Posts: 79242
Total Topics: 23724
Most Online Today: 1264
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 13
Guests: 1068
Total: 1091

Author Topic: High level bosses  (Read 5007 times)

Offline Chakra

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Chakra has no influence.
  • i was born original and wont die a copy
    • View Profile
High level bosses
« on: March 06, 2016, 06:42:01 »
If u kill a high level boss than u obtain a scroll that obtains a new jutsu that u can master

• Character Name: Tasko

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
Re: High level bosses
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 07:04:15 »
As it still is an mmo so im sure there will be loot from mobs...the higher lvl the mobs the better loot ? im guessing
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Doylo Bushida

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Doylo Bushida has no influence.
  • shame! shame! shame!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hachimitsu
  • Organization: Kuroiakuma
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 07:26:17 »
I dont know, thats not much realistic yo know...from high-lvl boss big amount of money, maybe some rare gear, rare relics or something, but jutsu? Dont know, its just my opinion :P
  • Character Name: Jeikobu Hachimitsu
ill do everything for SLO!

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 10:40:11 »
Sounds like the typical MMORPG game with mobs of different levels around every corner :P. I'm not sure that it'll be exactly the way you'd imagine it to be - beasts etc.

It'll make sense if the mobs are AI ninjas from that specific village, and they become a higher level as you get deeper into the country. The quality of the loot will also escalate as move deeper into the nation.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:45:59 by child_emperor »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 16:49:15 »
Sounds like the typical MMORPG game with mobs of different levels around every corner :P. I'm not sure that it'll be exactly the way you'd imagine it to be - beasts etc.

It'll make sense if the mobs are AI ninjas from that specific village, and they become a higher level as you get deeper into the country. The quality of the loot will also escalate as move deeper into the nation.
check the faq again child there's no npc ninja. But i dont see why you cant loot players you beet.however i think you should only be able to loot jutsu scrolls in kill zones, and only if you leave them alive. as for high level boss. depending on what it is... money and experience should be the main goals. Some of them could drop summons, be garding chests with special weapons, jutsu scrolls, or information to areas were there are forbidden jutsu or other high value items.

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 21:37:52 »
The naruto type universe does not fit the typical mmorpg at all. Please read the faq before posting things like this. SLO is doing something new here, and not only that, but it will actually be an accomplishment when you can succeed in battling ninja. You can loot players that you defeat. The use of EXP points is dubious, because of the way SLO's system for becoming stronger works. The things I know you can level up are stamina and chakra capacity. Perhaps they will have xp bars like ESO's skill lines, and for techniques as well. The only High level bosses planned are chakra beasts. Though If you defeat an S rank shinobi or complete a higher level mission, you will get the appropriate rewards to risk.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 21:49:09 »
The naruto type universe does not fit the typical mmorpg at all. Please read the faq before posting things like this. SLO is doing something new here, and not only that, but it will actually be an accomplishment when you can succeed in battling ninja. You can loot players that you defeat. The use of EXP points is dubious, because of the way SLO's system for becoming stronger works. The things I know you can level up are stamina and chakra capacity. Perhaps they will have xp bars like ESO's skill lines, and for techniques as well. The only High level bosses planned are chakra beasts. Though If you defeat an S rank shinobi or complete a higher level mission, you will get the appropriate rewards to risk.

Sorry if i was unclear I wasn't talking about EXP in the from of points just battle experience. chakra beasts are all that's planed now that dose  not exclude the possibility of other mission threads with powerful creatures Like wolves, Boars, Snakes, Birds, basicly any of the 12 hand seals could be potential high level mission threads that could protect jutsu or items.You cant just build a game on Player involvment... If there is no one online then you have no game. Its unlikely but possible. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 21:51:37 by cmsurfer »

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 23:42:49 »
there will be animals ofc, tho how they will figure into things, as well as summoning, have not been explained yet. Mebbe we should make an "Animals and summoning" thread lol

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 05:09:07 »
from what i understand about summons(at least when it comes to animals)...
they will be mounts or non-combat pets.
NPC animals will be in game and can be attacked as missions i was imagining
monkeys or wolves that steal hidden jutsu or have info on secret items in game.
talking animals are out..to unrealistic...but given that no one can  really hold lighting in your hand
a limited number of hyper intelligent animal are not so far fetched...at least in my opinion.
even a dumbed down monkey king enma would be a formidable opponent.
dragons(fire), birds(wind), wolves(earth), dolphins(water),monkie(lightning)
 there all thought to be smart for animals.
these could be bosses that could be fought...just an idea!!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:11:30 by cmsurfer »

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 23:59:01 »
Summoning is a maybe. Mounts are a maybe (aside from horses/maybe a donkey). Bosses that are "dumbed down monkey [kings]" is a more-than-likely no. While there's speculation of "chakra beasts", they'd really only be used for lore with a low chance of ever really existing. Of course, events are awesome and what not, so there's a chance.

Also, when it comes to loot, I'm unsure of how that's going to happen. Animals may only drop certain items based on what they are, and even then you might require certain skills to get said items (skinning, etc). Rather than enemies dropping loot (human enemies could be an exception since it's possible - you can loot dead players as well), they might simply be used for other tasks like self-training and missions. Then you go turn the mission in for the reward and so on. Since SLO will be all aesthetics when it comes to armor/weapons the main focus in the game would be currency and scrolls, of course outfits will be as well. While they don't give godly stats, those sexy, rare apparel items are going to be sought after.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 02:51:22 »
so @Xendrus  other than skinning animals and such  we have no word on if there is any PVE missions for training skills and such?
all missions will be PVP??? and if there are PVE missions There will be no major risk to the players as npc animals will not use Jutsu???

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 03:29:19 »
   The combat ingame overall is simulating the fighting that might happen as a shinobi, so there will be animals to fight, esp if you feel like specializing in killing them like a hunter, tho not every person will fight ai or players in missions, esp ppl that rp npc like charries that sell ramen or whatever is available ingame to do, aside from being a shinobi.

Some missions b rank and above will involve fighting players. Tho when a ninja does not like your face, you could fight. For instance, if someone hires inferno shinobi to capture a secret document, tho the one with the scroll hires other shinobi to guard it, that mission will have combat unless they surrender.

When animals are messing up fields, you can recieve a mission to capture or eliminate. Perhaps a bear is preying on travelers, you have to find it and kill it. Or lost pets, as well.

Lastly, I do not expect the team to make lame "wow" animals that run up and use some lame attack. They will be fast or strong, or tough etc. A bear might crush your head if you stab it. violent bees could sting you to death if you have no aoe or are unlucky. Animal fights will not have the same dynamics as player fights tho, there is a reason genin get the c and d missions with small and less difficult animals.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:51:27 by lollernoob9 »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 04:57:34 »
lollernoob yes i agree animals should be strong especially a bear but with substitution and a kuni even a genin could kill it.
this kind of mission would not be fun for long.. and PVP gets boring after a while to... RP  is one thing but you shouldn't need to sacrifice time being a shop owner or something without getting something out of it besides a steady income. also MMOS are fun because you team up with friends and take on things or players you could not beat yourself. that's why raids and instances in other mmos are so popular. that and the gear you get but that's irrelevant. i think not taking advantage of the combinations of strategies possible from the naruto universe to take down more powerful people or beasts is a mistake.. it would offer a way to team up with other players with different skills and see who's skills works best with your skill set. all of this in a relatively safe environment(not in a kill zone though maybe high levels could be) but engaging and fun.

Offline f-meister

• Academy Student Poster
  • f-meister has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 07:37:24 »
lollernoob yes i agree animals should be strong especially a bear but with substitution and a kuni even a genin could kill it.
this kind of mission would not be fun for long.. and PVP gets boring after a while to... RP  is one thing but you shouldn't need to sacrifice time being a shop owner or something without getting something out of it besides a steady income. also MMOS are fun because you team up with friends and take on things or players you could not beat yourself. that's why raids and instances in other mmos are so popular. that and the gear you get but that's irrelevant. i think not taking advantage of the combinations of strategies possible from the naruto universe to take down more powerful people or beasts is a mistake.. it would offer a way to team up with other players with different skills and see who's skills works best with your skill set. all of this in a relatively safe environment(not in a kill zone though maybe high levels could be) but engaging and fun.
Would indeed be nice to see teamwork, especially against those spirit beasts for events I've heard about
  • Character Name: Garo

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 08:08:10 »
Animals will not be engaging all the time save the strong ones that qualify as high lvl bosses. Pvp can get boring too, but that goes for everything in an mmorpg when you do it too often lol. In my experience only fighting beginner players gets boring, above that it is necessary to focus. This will go double in the later game versions, where you cannot know the list of jutsu your opponent must choose from. This is off topic, tho XD

Might ask Vreg if he intends to add jutsu that are specifically designed to compliment eachother