Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65153
Latest: TandyZelma
New This Month: 674
New This Week: 153
New Today: 153
Stats
Total Posts: 79409
Total Topics: 23807
Most Online Today: 1237
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 999
Total: 1011
TandyZelma
Angeline14
Sergnsr
Google (AdSense)
Google (8)

Author Topic: Currency  (Read 22072 times)

Offline Zama

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zama has no influence.
  • 2Kawaii2live2Sugoi2Die
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Re: Currency
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 13:04:11 »
This would be OK to have with in another game, though this is supposed to be the life of a Shinobi, people shouldn't go afk when they're in the forest for example, it's just stupid, you're literally saying, come take my stuff.

Implementing this I think would ruin the whole dangerous world ninja feels, y'know what I mean?
That's true although I think these suggestions are for the game in its current state, not the full release. The full release will have villages and safe zones that could prevent afk kills.
  • Character Name: Zama

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 13:05:19 »
What I don't think people quite grasp is that this wouldn't be in the full release. Sure, if you go afk in a permadeath zone, you deserve to die.

But, in the current release, there is no way to prevent afk kills without logging out - and then you wouldn't be able to chat. (and it would play that music really loud)

Offline Isis

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2016, 13:13:01 »
This would be OK to have with in another game, though this is supposed to be the life of a Shinobi, people shouldn't go afk when they're in the forest for example, it's just stupid, you're literally saying, come take my stuff.

Implementing this I think would ruin the whole dangerous world ninja feels, y'know what I mean?

Yeah, in the full release there shouldn't be that sort of command. However my suggestion was for the current version of the game. It would just make things easier for now rather than logging off and on like limits said, just to prevent yourself from getting afk-killed.
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 13:13:54 »

Yeah, in the full release there shouldn't be that sort of command. However my suggestion was for the current version of the game. It would just make things easier for now rather than logging off and on like limits said, just to prevent yourself from getting afk-killed.
Plus, this would allow users to log on to chat, rather than to fight.

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 13:37:00 »
If you've logged on to just chat, you could stay with your friends, preventing any attacks against you, and if someone is stupid enough to attack he'll have to face for example 6 people.

I am saying that if people logged in to just chat, get yourself to the village and there you can meet up with your friends, and if you don't wanna go all the way to the village then so be it.

I'm speaking of the full version once that arrives.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2016, 15:08:14 »
If you've logged on to just chat, you could stay with your friends, preventing any attacks against you, and if someone is stupid enough to attack he'll have to face for example 6 people.

I am saying that if people logged in to just chat, get yourself to the village and there you can meet up with your friends, and if you don't wanna go all the way to the village then so be it.

Although in the full version of the game this suggestion isn't needed anymore.
This is just temporarily for in the current state of the game, as stated a few times before.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Manuster

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 16:23:28 »
How about a /afk command that people can use in PvP zones? Of course though, there would have to be restrictions to this, since it can get abused :

1. In the /afk status you can not move or use skills. All you can do is chat.

2. You can only use the /afk command if you haven't been in combat for the past ten seconds or so.

3. You only have a specified amount of time to be afk, like two minutes maybe. If it was more than that then it wouldn't be a Pvp zone anymore. If you're planning to be afk for longer then might as well just log out.

Reeeeeallly good idea. It covers all the necessary points too >.>

I'll +rep once my hour is over xp

@Vreg could this be implemented? For the current state that is
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 17:04:00 »
How about a /afk command that people can use in PvP zones? Of course though, there would have to be restrictions to this, since it can get abused :

2. You can only use the /afk command if you haven't been in combat for the past ten seconds or so.

3. You only have a specified amount of time to be afk, like two minutes maybe. If it was more than that then it wouldn't be a Pvp zone anymore. If you're planning to be afk for longer then might as well just log out.

Either there have been a ton of good posts in the past few days, or you're giving out those +reps like candy Manuster >_).

It's been an interesting week so far...hmmm.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Manuster

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 17:06:07 »

Either there have been a ton of good posts in the past few days, or you're giving out those +reps like candy Manuster >_).

It's been an interesting week so far...hmmm.

a bit of both if I'm honest xD and the activity this week is insane >.> at least for me anyways
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Crono

• Genin Poster
  • Crono has no influence.
  • despacito
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 17:38:56 »

This suggestion clearly isn't for the full version though so why keep bringing that up?
  • Character Name: Crono Hinode

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2016, 17:58:21 »
Both methods you said towards the afk problem are inefficient, and no offence but stupid at the same, I go afk quite a few times because I tab out or get called to do something, logging out each time especially if ur midway through a convo with someone is just silly. Running to the far corners of the map before I go afk wastes times and then when I come back wastes time again considering i have to run back to where I was and if I go afk in the next 2 min, u get the point, idk if uve played with members from the forum but if u have you can see why both methods are ridiculous

I would argue that *to go afk* is silly in itself, and for the exact reasons I stated above. The area is open PvP, you shouldn't expect other players to patiently wait for you for who knows how long -- and I see no one has yet to make the counter-argument that there are people who *utilize the afk-method to try and sneak a kill*.

If you intend to be afk for several times in succession, just tell everyone you're logging out for a bit and that you'll be back; don't worry about your stats -- as Vreg himself said, you'll soon be able to stop worrying about those anyway.

...though I do wonder if that system will be protected from stat-hacks (pointless, yes, but we all know *somebody*'s bound to at least *try* it).
i swear u literally just skipped over what i said, i gave you reasons why u cant keep logging out or finding a safe place to hide, if my parents called me to do a quick task, and i come back to my pc, then they call me again in literally no time by the time i know im going to be afk for a good while id have already been killed how many times, so that succession thing isn't gonna work.

The fixes u gave were bad alternatives (no offence), its like if SLO had a constant crashing problem which froze your whole PC and the fix would be to just restart your pc everytime, like i said before if you've played with other forums members sometimes it's more fun to talk than play, so if ur mid way through a convo and get FB to death then theres literally no way to stop that, unless an /afk feature or somet like that is added
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Crono

• Genin Poster
  • despacito
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 18:08:33 »
I don't see why people are arguing against a /afk command.
Just make it so you have to stand still for 20 seconds then it activates upon your command.

There is literally no harm it can do.

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 19:05:52 »
In the ninja world, no one would give a shit about you being afk.
A target that's not moving is easier to hit then a moving target, or something like that.

If you have to do one of these quick tasks mom assign you just log off, logging off shouldn't be that hard.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 19:39:17 »
Both methods you said towards the afk problem are inefficient, and no offence but stupid at the same, I go afk quite a few times because I tab out or get called to do something, logging out each time especially if ur midway through a convo with someone is just silly. Running to the far corners of the map before I go afk wastes times and then when I come back wastes time again considering i have to run back to where I was and if I go afk in the next 2 min, u get the point, idk if uve played with members from the forum but if u have you can see why both methods are ridiculous

I would argue that *to go afk* is silly in itself, and for the exact reasons I stated above. The area is open PvP, you shouldn't expect other players to patiently wait for you for who knows how long -- and I see no one has yet to make the counter-argument that there are people who *utilize the afk-method to try and sneak a kill*.

If you intend to be afk for several times in succession, just tell everyone you're logging out for a bit and that you'll be back; don't worry about your stats -- as Vreg himself said, you'll soon be able to stop worrying about those anyway.

...though I do wonder if that system will be protected from stat-hacks (pointless, yes, but we all know *somebody*'s bound to at least *try* it).
i swear u literally just skipped over what i said, i gave you reasons why u cant keep logging out or finding a safe place to hide, if my parents called me to do a quick task, and i come back to my pc, then they call me again in literally no time by the time i know im going to be afk for a good while id have already been killed how many times, so that succession thing isn't gonna work.

The fixes u gave were bad alternatives (no offence), its like if SLO had a constant crashing problem which froze your whole PC and the fix would be to just restart your pc everytime, like i said before if you've played with other forums members sometimes it's more fun to talk than play, so if ur mid way through a convo and get FB to death then theres literally no way to stop that, unless an /afk feature or somet like that is added

Please read the post by Tsunayoshi above. Making a comparison to computer crashes makes little to no sense in this situation, as these two contexts are so far apart that it starts to get...a little ridiculous to think about, in all honesty. Also, when I stated that you should tell everyone you're logging off, I *meant that you should log off for a bit, do the things you need to do, and then come back into the game*. It appears you've either misunderstood me on multiple accounts, or that you have "literally ignored the last thing I said".

*If* your only (or at least "Main") aim while you're online is to simply talk to other players, why should you care whether or not you're being killed? If, on the other hand, you intend to talk and kill, do so, but log out should something irl come up. As I stated previously, the map's an open warzone, there's no real reason anyone should have to wait for your blessing just to put a hole in your chest. In addition --much like I said before-- if you happen to be popping *in and out that many times "in succession"*, you really out to log out, complete the task/tasks, and then come back in a while later. Plus, not every conversation you'll ever have is going to be finished when you'd like it to be -- things come up, sometimes they're important enough to require being taken care of, and the conversation gets left behind.

Finally, provided something is *So Important That You Must Leave The Computer Immediately*, aka an emergency, your character getting killed for standing still would again cease to matter.

HOWEVER, since people really seem to dislike simply taking the time to log out, I suppose it'd be best just to have several 'spawn-zones' that automatically negate the ability to start up hand-signs; the only minor problem I see here is that you might end up getting cornered in such areas by people waiting for you to leave, but it does at least give you a place to sit for infinity and converse with the other players.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Crono

• Genin Poster
  • despacito
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2016, 19:41:48 »
In the ninja world, no one would give a shit about you being afk.
A target that's not moving is easier to hit then a moving target, or something like that.

If you have to do one of these quick tasks mom assign you just log off, logging off shouldn't be that hard.

It's not a ninja world yet though, stop trying to make things inconvienient.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
FrankJScott
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun