Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64455
Latest: kelvinw021
New This Month: 324
New This Week: 85
New Today: 13
Stats
Total Posts: 76583
Total Topics: 22129
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1079
Total: 1088
kelvinw021
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Kekkei Genkai ideas  (Read 38115 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Kekkei Genkai ideas
« on: August 09, 2015, 16:20:13 »
Hi guys, I was thinking about what kind of ideas you guys had for Kekkei Genkai in the game, outside of the obvious ones. I'd love this to turn into a a discussion where people can fully explain their ideas and debate it.

I'll start it off with a developed idea of one I just saw on a thread. The clan would be able to transform into animals. If a player from the clan wants to change the animal that he/she can transform into, they must study the animal, and do some kind of long "download" of the animal. Then, after that, they will be able to transform into that animal. I believe that each member should be able to transform into 1 animal at first, then must train hard for 2, and even harder for a maximum of 3. This'd be interesting to see, but the animals would likely not be used for fighting, more for travel or escape. Fighting capability above simple auto attacks would be very difficult and long-winded to include for every animal in the game. I believe that chakra should be consumed when the shinobi transforms into an animal, and back into a human, but not while transformed.

Thanks!

Answer layout:

Name of KG:

Description of KG:

Effects of KG:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 16:36:09 by Kayleb »

• Character Name: Dawg

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
Re: Kekkei Genkai ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 16:32:27 »
I think it would be better, if there were a layout like in the jutsu suggestion topic.

Name of KG:

Description of KG:

Effects of KG:
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 16:35:46 »
I think it would be better, if there were a layout like in the jutsu suggestion topic.

Name of KG:

Description of KG:

Effects of KG:

I'll add it, good idea.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
  • mordredeon has no influence.
  • Your friendly village writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 19:33:35 »
Kekkei Genkai Name:
Kekkei Genkai Description:
Kekkei Genkai Effects:
Would it have different paths and skill sets?:
Would it have Jutsu?:

Offline Xassassin

• ANBU Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Xassassin has no influence.
  • The Assassin
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ☆Himitsu☆
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 04:25:28 »
Kekkei Genkai Name:
Kekkei Genkai Effects:
Would it have different paths and skill sets?:
Would it have Jutsu?:
those two questions that you added to the list wouldn't need to be added because some kg's don't have jutsus and there wouldn't be a path or skill set that comes with it or at least I don't think there would be. I could be wrong.
  • Character Name: Kamiko Himitsu
"We Work In The Dark, To Serve The Light"

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
  • jawillia1987 has no influence.
  • Kuroi Clan Recruiting Agent/Leader
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kuroi Clan
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 16:59:10 »
I disagree, I think that different kekkai genkai could have different jutsu in which other people without it will not be able to use so it is important to have the last question. Outside of that, people may not decide to use or strengthen different abilities or jutsu. But I do think that instead of the effects it should be abilities.For example, Byakugan has the abilities to see other shinobi from long distances (only the Byakugan can do this), however jutsu are 64 Palms (only byakugan can do this). Also I think we need to make sure not to confuse kekkai genkai skills with clan skills. Some clan can have skills that technically others can use, but they don't normally teach for example Fireball Jutsu was one of the Uchiha but others can learn it.
  • Character Name: Jarui Uzumaki

Offline ExpensiveKoala

• Academy Student Poster
  • ExpensiveKoala has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 02:39:22 »
I like the idea of Kekkai Genkai, but how many different ones would you have to add to make sure a lot of people don't have duplicates?

Name of KG: Rai-Fuu Cho

Description of KG: Rai = Lightning, Fuu = wing, Cho = Cord(string, yarn, etc...)
Essentially produces a very light string that can float through the wind that runs electricity though. Can be woven to create different things such as nets and can be attached to kunai to channel electricity through it. The string itself is light and can float through the air, so just letting a bunch of it float around can make it difficult for other shinobi to fight you.

Effects of KG:

If you touch a trap set with Rai-Fuu Cho you become electrified(paralyzed/stunned) and take damage.
  • Character Name: Hakuya Tsukegami

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 23:20:52 »
I disagree, I think that different kekkai genkai could have different jutsu in which other people without it will not be able to use so it is important to have the last question. Outside of that, people may not decide to use or strengthen different abilities or jutsu. But I do think that instead of the effects it should be abilities.For example, Byakugan has the abilities to see other shinobi from long distances (only the Byakugan can do this), however jutsu are 64 Palms (only byakugan can do this). Also I think we need to make sure not to confuse kekkai genkai skills with clan skills. Some clan can have skills that technically others can use, but they don't normally teach for example Fireball Jutsu was one of the Uchiha but others can learn it.
Well about that really anyone can do a "variation" of the 64 palm with a high skill in tai and speed, but the byakugan simply gives the huuga near 360° field of view, this why its call the 8 trigrams. This jutsu itself is pary of the "gentle fist" fighting style, anyone can practice "gentle fist" but the huuga have that extra advantage with the byakugan. But Yea I don't think every KG needs a jutsu, a special ability sure or simple stat up since not every KG needs to be over the top or OP.
There could even be like different ranks or class for KGs e.g D,C,B,A,S.
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 17:10:14 »
Well about that really anyone can do a "variation" of the 64 palm with a high skill in tai and speed, but the byakugan simply gives the huuga near 360° field of view, this why its call the 8 trigrams. This jutsu itself is pary of the "gentle fist" fighting style, anyone can practice "gentle fist" but the huuga have that extra advantage with the byakugan. But Yea I don't think every KG needs a jutsu, a special ability sure or simple stat up since not every KG needs to be over the top or OP.
There could even be like different ranks or class for KGs e.g D,C,B,A,S.
Great suggestion with the ranks this way you could know how dangerous that person his Kekkei genkai is.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 17:13:05 »
I love that idea @Nas Hope that will be used.
And once again I couldn't give rep ;-;

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 00:10:19 »
Kekkei Genkai Name:
Kekkei Genkai Effects:
Kekkei Genkai Rank:
Would it have different paths and skill sets?:(D-S)
Would it have Jutsu?:(A&S only)

so something more like this then

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 00:29:47 »
Kekkei Genkai Name:
Kekkei Genkai Effects:
Kekkei Genkai Rank:

so something more like this then

I dont think the Kekkei Genkai should be restricted on having a jutsu due to its rank but more on what the Kekkei Genkai actually does
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 01:08:04 »
i think all kekkei genkai should open up a  added level in your MAIN skill tree (genjutsu, ninjutsu, taijutsu) but not all of them would necessarily allow you to learn new and unique jutsu...the A and S ranks would be the villages jutsu which as has been well established only a very few of games population can ever achieve.
D-B kekkei genkai can have other stat helpful effects such as reduced damage, increased chakra reserves, increased health, longer cc. times, stronger physical damage, increased accuracy,ect.

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 06:38:19 »
Kekkei Genkai Name:Jikan Sosa(Time Manipulation)
Kekkei Genkai Description:It basically lets you manipulate the time,but only in in a area near you(or inside your body),and only for a short duration.
Jikan Sosa itself,doesnt cause damage,but it gives the user a big advantage in battle.
There are 2 ways to use it.
The most basic form of Jikan Sosa,would be entering a state that makes you fight faster,regenerate health and chakra faster,by manipulating the speed at whitch your body regenerates itself,or speeding up the time when you run,but only for yourself.
This state would be noticeable trough light blue glowing eyes(just for style reasons).
While in this state,a small ammount of chakra is drained constantly.
Though,after activating it,the user has a faster chakra regeneration for around 10 seconds.
The drawback of this state is,that it has a short cooldown and as a side effect of the time manipulation,the chakra regeneration will be lowered by 50% for 10 minutes(as you get stronger,this time can be lowered up to 1 minute).
A advanced technique is the abbility to create a small,later large,field in whitch you manipulate the time.
Opponents in that field get slowed down,or even stunned,while the user becomes very fast.
The stronger the user gets,the stronger the field and self buffs become.
At the beginning,the field would be very small and only slow down the opponents a bit while they are inside it(the user would also receive a small speed buff,but only while inside the field).
Later,the area can grow much larger,and the opponenets are not slowed down in the field anymore,but frozen(they become slowed down,more and more,and after 3 seconds they are completely frozen).
A experienced user will be able to move at a very high speed while inside the time manipulation field.
Keeping the field active,constantly drains a moderate ammount of chakra.
Kekkei Genkai Effects:
Self buff,stun.
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 17:00:25 »
Kekkei Genkai Name:Suponji(SPONGE)

Kekkei Genkai Description:absorb chakra of all natures

Kekkei Genkai Effects:suponji is a continuous clan ability  ninjutsu attack of a single chakra nature gets broken down into chakra and absorbed through the skin. this can only occur when there is room in the user's chakra reserves. at higher levels this becomes a passive effect. at its highest level you can draw chakra out of your opponent's body by contact with there skin.(Edit) This effect must be trained and you can only absorb jutsu that are within your ability to control. the more chakra control the jutsu uses the you must have chakra control one level higher.

Kekkei Genkai Rank:C-A

C= tree skill enables effect on block

B=tree skill enables passive ability always on

A=(scroll needed) learn suponji taijutsu

taijutsu with grapple combos
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 20:48:29 by cmsurfer »