Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64452
Latest: Wendellrix
New This Month: 321
New This Week: 82
New Today: 11
Stats
Total Posts: 76539
Total Topics: 22109
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1023
Total: 1040

Author Topic: Death itself....  (Read 10264 times)

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
Re: Death itself....
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 23:37:15 »
Once you die you'll be sure to ragequit the game and never come back, Because all that hard work is gone.

I read this line as a both a drastic inflation of the 'potential' reactions of players--given as hard fact--and a reiteration of several others who've made comments along the same lines. Those two combinations--to me--count as this concept being seen as a problem that quite a few seemingly don't want to deal with and/or are unhappy about; aka "freaking out", due to the quantity of people making complaints about it. But that's just the way I read it, you appear to have meant different.
It just means that there will be people stupid enough to go into the perma death zone, ending up dead and getting angry/ragequit.
And yes many people have been complaining about it, and what i meant with "it's bad for the game in some way" i meant that there will be people quitting the game because they have died.
The good thing about this feature is, is that it adds that uniqueness to the game.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 23:52:51 »
Alright, can we all just agree that this is NOT a 'terrible' idea for the game mechanics? In fact, it's actually a pretty interesting one, because it'll make players think before they sign up for "That Big PvP Guild". It's designed to add a level of tension to PvP, because invaders--AND defenders--will Knowingly be going into PvP for fame, a sort of deadly challenge, or upon the idea that they're defending or conquering for the honor/reputation of their village.

Note the word "Knowingly".

It will NOT lead to the majority of players being hard-core, or people rage-quitting, because it'll be your own damned fault for going into an area you CAN die in, and the Death Zones will be specifically sectioned off from the rest of the areas of the game. That'd be the equivalent of someone rage-quitting for entering The Wilderness in Runescape and getting defeated by another player who attacked them -- you'd have to be REALLY ignorant of the constant warnings telling you that "Your character can die in this area".

On a final note, it'd actually be near-impossible to get the majority of the player base to be 'strictly' hard-core, because PvP and RP COMBINED are more often than not the minority when compared to PvE. Please stop freaking out, the communists are not at the gate, you will NOT AUTOMATICALLY BE PERMA-KILLED UPON ENTERING THIS GAME.

~Sincerely, Dragon6624
Thanketh thou for thy great explanation. #archaicenglish #duragon-senpai

Once you die you'll be sure to ragequit the game and never come back, Because all that hard work is gone.

I read this line as a both a drastic inflation of the 'potential' reactions of players--given as hard fact--and a reiteration of several others who've made comments along the same lines. Those two combinations--to me--count as this concept being seen as a problem that quite a few seemingly don't want to deal with and/or are unhappy about; aka "freaking out", due to the quantity of people making complaints about it. But that's just the way I read it, you appear to have meant different.
It just means that there will be people stupid enough to go into the perma death zone, ending up dead and getting angry/ragequit.
And yes many people have been complaining about it, and what i meant with "it's bad for the game in some way" i meant that there will be people quitting the game because they have died.
The good thing about this feature is, is that it adds that uniqueness to the game.
Think about it this way, do we really want that kind of ignorant people to roam the lands of SLO? Ignorants that are unable to comprehend a 2 km (3.2 mile) big shiny warning, warning them of being near a death zone, ignoring said warning and then rage quitting and blaming the game when they die because they didn't expect it? I say let them rage quit.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 00:26:40 »
^I dont want them roaming SLO, they will inflate my kills ^

Its funny that ppl can play single player games that have death, even such that you have to do the whole level again, tho expect an mmo to not have risk. The system SLO has, of using training instead of levels, means you do not lose all your progress. All you lose are stats and chakra mix, the knowledge remains. Besides, its the same account, so you can keep up with your friends/clan/orgs.

• Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 13:36:23 »

Its funny that ppl can play single player games that have death, even such that you have to do the whole level again, tho expect an mmo to not have risk. The system SLO has, of using training instead of levels, means you do not lose all your progress. All you lose are stats and chakra mix, the knowledge remains. Besides, its the same account, so you can keep up with your friends/clan/orgs.

That and this pretty much it up:

Please stop freaking out, the communists are not at the gate, you will NOT AUTOMATICALLY BE PERMA-KILLED UPON ENTERING THIS GAME.

Locking this thread. To anyone new wondering about this, also read:

More like you can't die in a non-death zone, you can only go as far as being defeated/unconscious. Death zones (previously known as perma-death zones) are zones where you can get killed off after getting defeated.

Death zones are currently planned to be the wide borders between lands. So crossing over to another land in order to visit its Hidden Village or any other of its villages has the risk of being ambushed and actually dying permanently. Hence this should be done in a safe manner by either travelling in group or by trying to be unnoticed by travelling through trees.

Death in SLO means the definition of the word: "Death is the termination of all biological functions that sustain a living organism." Respawning does not fit in that. Luckily the majority of SLO's world will be non-death zoned, courtesy of the Hidden Village protection provided to the lands they are located in.

• Character Name: Vuregu

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent