Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64067
Latest: Miltonhic
New This Month: 4160
New This Week: 126
New Today: 26
Stats
Total Posts: 73918
Total Topics: 20766
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 637
Total: 647
Miltonhic
Google (9)

Poll

Which Candidate would you like to see in game?

Breaking Bonds (#1)
Sacred Grounds (#2)
Gifted Abilities (#3)
Uprising (#4)
Religious Temples (#5)
Experimentation (#6)
Gracious Deity (#7)

Author Topic: SLO General History Lore Candidates  (Read 31309 times)

Offline adithya

Re: SLO General History Lore Candidates
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 07:54:55 »
I feel like scared grounds and the religious temples could be combined into one idea. (I'm only interested in scared grounds because that might play into some of the player written stories which would be something amazing because the shit players hope to do in-game will be plausible and we're not left to think that our shit is separate.

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 10:49:39 »
My head is literally on fiya 1, 4 or 7; baaaaaaaahhhhh 
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 02:12:34 »
I'd prefer to see an option with something along the lines of this topic, actually: http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2647.msg42394#msg42394

If not, however, then a fusion of Sacred Grounds and Religious Temples seems plausible in my mind, and opens up the options of possible "Ideologies" within each of the villages. Basically, the 'Gods' are the mindsets that existed within --and thereby dictate the actions without-- the monks, or "Protectors", in the native tongues (Perhaps not Shinobi, but who knows -- it's Fantasy), and the grounds are what each village happened to be built around, with a principle of worship growing up over these warriors. The influence of these "Protectors" created semi-religious Caste systems, eventually leading to the Kage(Future name pending?) being set as the elected figureheads of the upper-most Caste, that of the Warrior-Protectors. As in most organized religions, however, the extreme warriors amongst this class sought to squash the ideologies of those that opposed them, even going so far as to steal other techniques from the other villages in order to maintain an edge over the competition. Centuries pass...and we have SLO?

Those are just two ideas to think on, however. I'm anxious to see the winning pick O_O).
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Manuster

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 04:31:57 »
I'd prefer to see an option with something along the lines of this topic, actually: http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2647.msg42394#msg42394

If not, however, then a fusion of Sacred Grounds and Religious Temples seems plausible in my mind, and opens up the options of possible "Ideologies" within each of the villages. Basically, the 'Gods' are the mindsets that existed within --and thereby dictate the actions without-- the monks, or "Protectors", in the native tongues (Perhaps not Shinobi, but who knows -- it's Fantasy), and the grounds are what each village happened to be built around, with a principle of worship growing up over these warriors. The influence of these "Protectors" created semi-religious Caste systems, eventually leading to the Kage(Future name pending?) being set as the elected figureheads of the upper-most Caste, that of the Warrior-Protectors. As in most organized religions, however, the extreme warriors amongst this class sought to squash the ideologies of those that opposed them, even going so far as to steal other techniques from the other villages in order to maintain an edge over the competition. Centuries pass...and we have SLO?

Those are just two ideas to think on, however. I'm anxious to see the winning pick O_O).

You're idea of dinosaurs beasts that eventually became chakra beasts is not a bad one. But did they simply develop the same genome as humans did?

Also since we're suggesting stuff, how about

https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2647.msg42358#msg42358

I personally really liked the idea of separation into 3 lands...

PS.  Do these stories have anything to do with the lore around chakra beasts?

And most importantly....HOW MANY WILL THERE BE?
What animals will they take shape after?
Will they hold an individual chakra nature?
Or chakra mix?
Will they have their own lore?
Can we suggest things???
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Malix

• Social Media Manager
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Malix has no influence.
  • I write stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 05:06:26 »
Im sorry to say this guys but there isn't going to be Chakra beasts of any type. Really we're trying to steer away from Naruto in this regard.
  • Character Name: Keizo Akira

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 12:10:24 »
Im sorry to say this guys but there isn't going to be Chakra beasts of any type. Really we're trying to steer away from Naruto in this regard.
So no chakra beast to slay at all?
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 12:27:30 »
Looks that way!!

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 14:45:49 »
I like Breaking Bonds, but I think Sacred Grounds would help to explain
why you're limited to picking one of two chakra natures per village
when starting out- It's because the natural chakra inherent in the land
influenced it at your birth. Those who have kekkei genkai have "Inherited"
the land's gift more prominently.
The first however, would explain where we get Kenjutsu from-
The teachings of the first Samurai who wielded chakra-enhanced swordplay.
Currently existing clans who have a strong samurai vibe to them could be
explained as having been influenced by this history.

And Sacred Grounds could explain how these uncontrollable abilities developed-
these were simply individuals who had "Inherited" it from their homelands.
The cloaked individual in Gifted Abilites is the scientist who expirimented on children in Expirimentation,
and who is offering to forcefully alter the genes of clans,
enabling their descendants to have a better chance of "Inheritance".
Inheritance. That is a seriously bitching name to call it.

So: A long time ago there was a giant shogunate.
There were only Samurai who used chakra for their kenjutsu.
Certain areas in the land were prone to releasing Chakra,
which could alter the flora, fauna, and people who inhabited them.
Sometimes people very rarely were born strongly connected
to this chakra.

Like Rising Moon, a boy who was born in what would eventually become Kazangakure,
currently known as the Land of Sulfur.
Due to the land overflowing with flaming, earthy chakra,
he was born with a Fire in him. When he was 12, he noticed that when his
emotions became unstable, things burned as he touched them. He struggled to control this,
afraid of how people would react. But eventually he was found out, and taken before the shogun.
He was put with others like him, overflowing with natural chakra, to be trained.
Eventually, he unlocked the potential to wield earth as well.
These would become sevenfold stronger over the course of his life.

Part 2 (Takes place decades after shinobi clan's uprising as explained in Breaking Bonds)
Yokaze was a scientist from the Land of Crows who had kidnapped certain children,
descendants of a direct line born from Rising Moon himself.
He had expirimented on them, and though it had required their deaths,
he'd found a way to implant Rising Moon's potential in other shinobi born in the Land of Sulfur.
He took his work to the current leader there, and offered to forever alter certain individuals,
giving their children a chance to become strong.

New people born, like Rising Moon, had more access to the natural chakra of the land,
which meant more people would be born shinobi.
(This explains why you have to pick either Earth or Fire as your primary nature in Kazangakure.)
Eventually, some children who were born with Rising Moon's original natures,
Fire and Earth, displayed a unique ability Rising Moon had not had-
They could combine their natures, creating magma,
Much like how the earth combined heat and stone.

Yokaze decided to call this power "Inheritance".
We can also replace "Kekkei Genkai" with this,
like how you changed "Chidori" to "Lightning Ball".

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline Malix

• Social Media Manager
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Malix has no influence.
  • I write stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 15:08:21 »

To clarify there wont be any bijuus or large scale chakra beasts like that. There may be smaller chakra beasts in the literal sense but you're not seeing a nine-tails running around. We'll think up other ideas for world events and bosses.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 15:12:51 by Malix »
  • Character Name: Keizo Akira

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 00:05:59 »
C'mon people, let's make Breaking bonds win this thing. It's pretty close and first place atm would've been my third pick anyways.
That aside, a lack of enormous tailed beasts to slay like Remi put it, is a serious bummer. :(
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Manuster

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 05:16:15 »

To clarify there wont be any bijuus or large scale chakra beasts like that. There may be smaller chakra beasts in the literal sense but you're not seeing a nine-tails running around. We'll think up other ideas for world events and bosses.

Hmmmm, smaller scael chakra beasts....now that certainly sounds interesting...

C'mon people, let's make Breaking bonds win this thing. It's pretty close and first place atm would've been my third pick anyways.
That aside, a lack of enormous tailed beasts to slay like Remi put it, is a serious bummer. :(

Ew noooo, Breaking Bonds leaves  no room for growth, or additional lore. It's like - there was an emperor, shinobi rebelled. The End.

Whereas Sacred Grounds and Gifted Abilities have a whoole lot of room to grow, they both end on cliffhangers and leave alot more of "why is there chakra?" unanswered
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 09:20:52 »

Ew noooo, Breaking Bonds leaves  no room for growth, or additional lore. It's like - there was an emperor, shinobi rebelled. The End.

Whereas Sacred Grounds and Gifted Abilities have a whoole lot of room to grow, they both end on cliffhangers and leave alot more of "why is there chakra?" unanswered
From what I read, breaking bond leaves even more room for growth if anything. They haven't even ventured into the reason people got chakra in the first place so imo it's even more flexible than the other two because anything can still be added.  Like a tv show where you only know certain things at the start and slowly more and more about the world its set in is revealed to you.
And besides that, it seems like the most logical not overly dramatic or cliche lore on the list, just my opinion tho.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 15:32:22 »
In regards to breaking bonds, the chakra natures could've occured due to acclimatisation of their chakra to their new climates, tapping into the chakra of their surroundings gave them a new form.
Something of that sort.

Personally I liked 1 and 7 because they depict a traditional Japanese ruling system, then springs off into the 'Naruto' ruling system. Really cool.

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline gevanei

• Genin Poster
  • gevanei has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 17:02:03 »
Breaking bonds and gracious deity seems like the best approach although I like em all
  • Character Name: Hashi

Offline adithya

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 19:45:27 »

From what I read, breaking bond leaves even more room for growth if anything. They haven't even ventured into the reason people got chakra in the first place so imo it's even more flexible than the other two because anything can still be added.  Like a tv show where you only know certain things at the start and slowly more and more about the world its set in is revealed to you.
And besides that, it seems like the most logical not overly dramatic or cliche lore on the list, just my opinion tho.

Dude when the actual lore is being written it will end with the shinobi rising. And there will be no explanation for chakra. If your point is the fact that players will make the lore for that I'm sure you'd rather play in a world where people know what chakra is and will help you enable your abilities properly rather than- well what's the alternative?