Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 25
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 747
Total: 756
Google (9)

Author Topic: For all clan leaders.  (Read 4154 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

For all clan leaders.
« on: July 24, 2018, 14:29:31 »
So I was wondering if anyone should be able to start a clan whenever they want?
To a point I think they should but I also think players should have the choice of joining an existing clan at character creation. If someone dose not want to join a clan then there free to start one themselves. However I think spacific resorces and actions must be taken to do so.
Some of them might be:
Being married
Having X money
Control a clan jutsu scroll (these are flags that can be captured and if you loose it you have 24 hours to get it back or your clan is disbanded)

I know there are several unrealistic issues with this idea but it’s not realistic to ask for complete realism from an indi game. And the question we need to ask is will this brake game  immersion.
I don’t think it will because I think it will likely be hard to steal and hold the scroll for 24 hours and if you do you will have earned the right to
Start your own clan.
Now to address the online clans already on the forum. I think the top 55 clans structured in to the top 5 clans in each village by # of members should be given scrolls at launch. Then maybe spawn 11 scrolls one in each village in random locations a year. So if someone dose not have a large enough group to steal and hold a scroll can still race to find one when they spawn.

This is just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 14:37:17 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
Re: For all clan leaders.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 14:08:59 »
I thought marriage system was out of question due to stuff we discussed earlier.

Nevertheless, I'd support the option of
Join clan/ go solo, during character creation, but partially.
That is, it is upto the clan to decide whether they would like to be an open clan or semi-open clan or closed clan (probably similar with orgs). Obviously not all clans would like a new player to join who might be too weak and might... well, 'tarnish' the clan's image.

So there can be open clans, where new player can join by just clicking on join button, semi-open, where new player has to request to join and finally closed, where new player needs to get invited by the clan to be a part of it.
Depending on that, the closed clans should get seniority with respect to jutsus and scrolls or any consumables.
Then the semi open ones and finally the open clans.

So new players can either A) join an open clan and have early company advantage.
OR
B) go solo, prove his worth and be invited into a closed clan.

About that scroll thingy, I'd like it to be a mission/quest in the gameplay. I didn't fully understand it, but of what I could make of it, it sounds much more interesting on a quest level.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: For all clan leaders.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 17:44:46 »
I thought marriage system was out of question due to stuff we discussed earlier.
I don’t remember the subject ever being decided one way or the other I know a lot of people were arguing about it.

I think the option for clans should be limited to open or closed. This would be like the clan leader saying yes you people can procreate or no you people can’t. Very Shogan like.IT will add to the  immersion in the SLO world if you can’t choose who will be born in your clan. It’s already kinda weird  letting players choose witch clan to be born to.
If the clan rejects them they can do so in the game before they entrust any clan spacific jutsu to them. This will be a sign that you are fully excepted by the clan.

A cool feature would be if players could only
join the game if a clan is set to open.
And if multiple clans are open they can chose what clan. But like wise if only one is open they have to join that clan.

If none are open your born an orphan in your choice of village
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 19:57:57 by NinjaMirage »