Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64456
Latest: Harryfunny
New This Month: 325
New This Week: 14
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 76592
Total Topics: 22137
Most Online Today: 1130
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1112
Total: 1124

Author Topic: The Game World?  (Read 16232 times)

Offline Krack

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Krack has no influence.
  • ~Akatsuki~
    • View Profile
The Game World?
« on: June 12, 2013, 20:20:56 »
How will you set this up? Each village places in its own map? So that is the only loading screen when you enter an exit a village?

Or completely open world? only 1 loading screen when entering the game?

Personally I think each village should have its own map, and not try to compile it all at once to load in, it would help performance. Also you could do more with a them that way. Also walking from village to village will it require a long or short amount of time?

As in like 1 minute to go to a new village seems a bit short, maybe 5 - 10 minute walking time would be better?

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
Re: The Game World?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 12:14:58 »
Well I'm thinking making the lands of ... seperate. They won't be as big as a nation of course, but it should be enough. Each land will have it's the appropriate hidden village. Travelling from land to land probably won't take too long, I can't put a number on it since I haven't done any world design yet.

That will be the official static world of Shinobi Life Online. Let's say that to the south of the static Shinobi Life Online world, we have a place that is not colonized and thus has no name. This is where clans can build their own villages, so this will be the constantly evolving Shinobi Life Online world. I'm thinking of making it so that when you go to the south, a map opens where you can select which clan village you want to visit. After you've selected one, the data of that village will be downloaded and the village will be put together by the client. Then you'll be thrown into that area. It will consist out of a center, where the custom village will be located, and the surrounding area consisting out of grass, trees, etc. There will be enough space for big attacks against a custom village.

So we'll have the big maps which represent the lands, each land having their hidden village in the center.
And we'll have the custom clan villages, which will pretty much be small areas with in the center the custom village and the surrounding nature area which will be about 5 x as big as the actual custom village.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Krack

• Academy Student Poster
  • Krack has no influence.
  • ~Akatsuki~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 18:18:18 »
Sounds like a good idea, if you need any helping designing the map and world, I could always help once I have my computer again. I haven't used unity in a while but I can get back into it. I will also have photoshop so I can make up some graphic, textures, etc for you while I have free time.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 20:36:25 »
Sounds like a good idea, if you need any helping designing the map and world, I could always help once I have my computer again. I haven't used unity in a while but I can get back into it. I will also have photoshop so I can make up some graphic, textures, etc for you while I have free time.
Great, we can use all the help we can get :)

Offline Madara

• Academy Student Poster
  • Madara has no influence.
  • Tsukuyomi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 17:47:02 »
This is going to be one EPIC Naruto mmo! I can feel it :) Keep up the good work and if you need any help on new ideas and design I would be glad to help. I have photoshop and some great movie editing programs, so if you a want a good promotion video I could help.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 19:24:20 by Madara »
  • Character Name: Madara
When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred.

daitchi

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 18:47:23 »
For the Characters creation Are we going to have age on it like you start as a teen in the world and grow up to be an adult, like Dragon ball online. (Academy Student-Teen,Genin - Teen, Then the rest of the Rank as Adult)

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 21:33:03 »
For the Characters creation Are we going to have age on it like you start as a teen in the world and grow up to be an adult, like Dragon ball online. (Academy Student-Teen,Genin - Teen, Then the rest of the Rank as Adult)
No, everyone will play as a young adult.

daitchi

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 01:23:18 »
wil the game be like archage where u build it by gathering resources from the world, and will it be skill-based so we build our stats up to be the strongest like runescape?

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 10:32:04 »
wil the game be like archage where u build it by gathering resources from the world, and will it be skill-based so we build our stats up to be the strongest like runescape?
Skill-based and I don't know archage.

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
  • justforbusiness has no influence.
  • Kusogakure shall rise again!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 01:09:49 »
it should be a one big map with a lot of places to go and walk a lot like a real world

Offline RennieRLR

• Pink Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • RennieRLR has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization:
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 19:55:18 »
it should be a one big map with a lot of places to go and walk a lot like a real world
Actually that would be the best, cause if ur fleeing u need alot of space for doing it or huntin xD But im fine with everything i just know this is going to be awesome and i will follow it to the freaking end!
  • Character Name: Yosano
The world will once find peace.

Offline Effits

• Academy Student Poster
  • Effits has no influence.
  • Striking with confidence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 03:59:58 »
Actually that would be the best, cause if ur fleeing u need alot of space for doing it or huntin xD But im fine with everything i just know this is going to be awesome and i will follow it to the freaking end!

amen to that.
  • Character Name: Aberfit

Offline momoboy108

• Academy Student Poster
  • momoboy108 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 12:50:31 »
I think you could make the villages smaller then in the show and mostly make the important buildigs (e.g hokage's office). And look on google images for images of the front, back and sides. Also it would be awesome if u move like in the real show. And by the way, it has been mentioned in the show that the hidden sand is 3 days away from the hidden leaf, so why not make it three minutes running and jumping stuff then??? these are all just suggestion, and btw maybe i can help u? cuz im pretty good at creating unity games. I wanted to make my own naruto game, but then i saw this and maybe i can help with health bars, chakra bars and that stuff. also for the clan thingy, make the most famous clans like Hyuuga, nara and akimichi( not Uchiha cuz they are dead and the rest has gone road). with their kekkei genkai and special jutsus as NPC's. Their should also be a big sparring dojo in every village(custom made of course).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Off Topic-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And please dont make any ingame purchases with money okay???? it really pisses me off because lots of players dont have the extra money to spend on in game purchases.

Offline YourInnerDemon

• Academy Student Poster
  • YourInnerDemon has no influence.
  • ~I'd rather trust and regret than doubt and regret
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 05:10:36 »
Momoboy, i don't think there will be Naurto based clans in Shinobi Life Online.. I'm pretty sure that the Hyuuga, Nara, Etc won't exist in Shinobi Life Online.
But then again, i'm not sure of this. But just where did i see this discussed before?.. :/
Oh well..