Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64478
Latest: agrohimqpe
New This Month: 347
New This Week: 23
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 77164
Total Topics: 22677
Most Online Today: 1451
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1154
Total: 1166

Author Topic: Building in SLO  (Read 6386 times)

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
Building in SLO
« on: June 17, 2015, 12:13:09 »
I'd like to share one of my ideas for a more developed version of SLO.

In my opinion, if players could construct different buildings that would make the game more unique and attractive. It wouldn't be just for one individual, but clans/organizations would set their headquarters up too.
My idea is similar to minecraft or the newest fallout. Players would need to get different elements for their plans. However, in order to make it organized, players shall get a property first, where they can build. Elements would be available in stores or players could get them from nature. In addition, these buildings would have multiple functions, such as a home or headquarter for an organization or clan as I mentioned before. Moreover, we could store our stuffs there.

• Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Building in SLO
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 15:27:02 »
Pretty sure player housing is already going to be in the game. The biggest problem I could see with something like this has to be that--and I might be wrong about this, provided Vreg changed his mind--Vreg wants almost everything to be out in the open and accessible by anyone at anytime. In order to have something like this, you'd HAVE to set the buildings in different instances, because otherwise they'd just crowd the map. There was an older topic about organization housing being fully customizable, but Vreg stated that he would prefer to have it already made and not really customizable, though you could buy lots. I believe there's also something going on in the works about player housing inside the villages, though I'm not entirely sure how that's going to work out (it isn't exactly Star Wars Galaxies after all, no player made cities here).

@Cedie think you could help me out on this one?
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 15:52:04 »
Mark areas that players can buy, and disable them to build anywhere except in their properties. That would prevent player made cities. At least, that's how I would solve it. Think of Sims games, you can develope your own property only. Just like in real life.
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 17:38:34 »
There should be areas which players can buy, non instanced areas. These would be very expensive and only for the richest organisation houses.
If players could build their own houses there should be something like planning permission as we don't want to corrupt the beautiful villages with horrible houses.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 21:55:03 »
I agree with Mars.
But i heard that housing was going to be implemented.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 22:40:19 »
There should be areas which players can buy, non instanced areas. These would be very expensive and only for the richest organisation houses.
If players could build their own houses there should be something like planning permission as we don't want to corrupt the beautiful villages with horrible houses.

I like that idea. I think houses should be really expensive, or if you can build them, they should take a long time to build. They should give you a small rest bonus, so when you go offline/sleep there you re-gain chakra faster or something, as well as having a great cosmetic use.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 06:00:07 »

I like that idea. I think houses should be really expensive, or if you can build them, they should take a long time to build. They should give you a small rest bonus, so when you go offline/sleep there you re-gain chakra faster or something, as well as having a great cosmetic use.

Yeah, they should take maybe weeks? to build, unless it's a tiny house. Also you should have had a lesson on building first otherwise you won't know what to do so you won't be able to build a house or it'll fall apart if you do.

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 07:44:27 »
Definitively agree with it taking a long time to build if it is implemented, and the bit about learning to build first would be great! The only obvious thing I can thing wrong with it is how freaking long it would take :P

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 12:15:49 »
Definitively agree with it taking a long time to build if it is implemented, and the bit about learning to build first would be great! The only obvious thing I can thing wrong with it is how freaking long it would take :P

You could pay someone to help you , or call some friends.
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 12:29:35 »

You could pay someone to help you , or call some friends.
nice point there @granit

Offline niccosan

• Genin Poster
  • niccosan has no influence.
  • Trust Your Friend, Do Your Best, Never Giveup
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kiirioissen
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 08:36:09 »
Well for about this thing, maybe the world should be very large, but i'm agree with this idea that every player can make their own house, but they will have to spend yeah a little bit more money, not cash, but i mean in game money, and every clan have it's own affiliation, and i think it should be enough for now because there are some villages, and if the village almost full you know what i mean, i think that the mission for the kage of that village because every village will have it own kage that we can choose from the player in the village you know like choosing the leader of the country guys :) , and for that if the village almost full that will be a mission for the kage and all of the villager to expand the village, this will teach about team work :) not just the purpose to protect the village with their life :)
  • Character Name: Kiiroissen Niccosan
Kiirioissen

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 11:26:09 »
Well for about this thing, maybe the world should be very large, but i'm agree with this idea that every player can make their own house, but they will have to spend yeah a little bit more money, not cash, but i mean in game money, and every clan have it's own affiliation, and i think it should be enough for now because there are some villages, and if the village almost full you know what i mean, i think that the mission for the kage of that village because every village will have it own kage that we can choose from the player in the village you know like choosing the leader of the country guys :) , and for that if the village almost full that will be a mission for the kage and all of the villager to expand the village, this will teach about team work :) not just the purpose to protect the village with their life :)

huh

Offline niccosan

• Genin Poster
  • niccosan has no influence.
  • Trust Your Friend, Do Your Best, Never Giveup
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kiirioissen
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 13:33:07 »
Well maybe my idea a little bit complicated, but if you understand it would be great and remember anything that we do will bring some result, wether bad or good result, but at least try to think about it.
  • Character Name: Kiiroissen Niccosan
Kiirioissen

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 13:44:32 »
Idk if you recapped everything the team planned or just suggested something.
Most of the things you said are already planned by the team , except for the kage part , maybe even that was planned but I don't understand a thing from that part.
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 17:34:10 »
Well maybe my idea a little bit complicated, but if you understand it would be great and remember anything that we do will bring some result, wether bad or good result, but at least try to think about it.

I just don't think you were making much sense in English tbh