Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64474
Latest: RazberrySlime
New This Month: 343
New This Week: 19
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 77112
Total Topics: 22626
Most Online Today: 1357
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1322
Total: 1334
Veronaohu
Allandm
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: Gates and Gate-only jutsu  (Read 10682 times)

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Brakelvierr has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu
Gates and Gate-only jutsu
« on: July 11, 2015, 14:19:52 »
So personally the most appealing fighting style from Naruto was Guy and Lee's Taijutsu and Chakra Gates both of which I had presumed to be necessary for the former and probable for the latter.
But when they would open the gates they would have a new taijutsu available to them after opening the jutsu's respective gate i.e Hirudora after opening the Seventh gate. What I'm trying to asking is are we going to get jutsu along these lines? 

• Character Name: Funso Mokushiroku
This Jutsu was passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Re: Gates and Gate-only jutsu
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 15:56:21 »
I don't think there will be if I'm correct. It would be hard for the players to use, and for the team to implement. Maybe there will be speed and strength buffs though, but I don't know about near teleportation-like speed
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
  • Brakelvierr has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 16:25:27 »
That's fine, I kind of knew if they are implemented that they couldn't just be outright the same as the anime due to copyright issues.
But what's also got me wondering is taijutsu techniques, if they're going to be just automated combos (doubtful) or if they're going to be things similar to the taijutsu that the gates give in the anime.
  • Character Name: Funso Mokushiroku
This Jutsu was passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 19:49:55 »
I don't think there will be if I'm correct. It would be hard for the players to use, and for the team to implement. Maybe there will be speed and strength buffs though, but I don't know about near teleportation-like speed
I didnt want to create a new topic since there is one about chakra gates.
What if we had 8 chakra gates with a chakra glow (Like in the original)
Giving us no new moves at all.
Or teleportation speed.
But giving us just strength buffs and speed buffs increasing with 12,5% with each gate that you open.

Like this.

The Gate of Survival: 12,5 speed and strength buff. ( 0 minutes and 12,5 seconds duration)
The Gate of Emotions: 25% speed and strength buff. ( 0 minutes 25 seconds duration)
The Gate of Energy: 37,5% speed and strength buff. (0 minutes and 37,5 seconds duration)
The Gate of Love: 50% speed and strength buff. ( 0 minutes and 50 seconds duration)
The Gate of Creativity: 62,5% speed and strength buff. (1 minute and 2,5 seconds duration)
The Gate of Intuition: 75% speed and strength buff. (1 minute and 15 seconds duration)
The Gate of Understanding: 87,5 speed and strength buff. (1 minute and 27,5 seconds duration)
The Gate of Spirituality: 100% speed and strength buff. (1 minute and 40 seconds duration)

The speed depends on how much the developers want to add with each chakra gate opened.
After performing this Taijutsu, Kinjutsu you will be completely exhausted not being able to move anymore.
Meaning that you wont be dead but just not be able to move anymore your comrades will have to save you.

This is still different than the original chakra gates because you dont get the teleportation speed and you wont die.
You gets buffs instead.
But no new Taijutsu moves. (like in the original)

This wont be overpowered because the maximum amount of time is 1 minute and 40 seconds.
You also cant use this until you are fully recovered.

To avoid copyright i renamed it plus the color stands for its glow around you when using this.
And again its not the same you cant perform Sekizō, Night guy or any other derived jutsu from it.

I dont see what could make Taijutsu that attractive without any kind of chakra gates clone jutsu ingame..
Thats why i am proposing this. @Vreg @Cedie @Kai

(Im probably going to get hate comments xD)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 22:03:30 by Reminance »
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 20:01:19 »
Or teleportation speed.
But giving us just strength buffs and speed buffs increasing with 12,5% with each gate that you open.

Like this.

The Gate of Survival: 12,5 speed and strength buff. ( 0 minutes and 12,5 seconds duration)
The Gate of Emotions: 25% speed and strength buff. ( 0 minutes 25 seconds duration)
The Gate of Energy: 37,5% speed and strength buff. (0 minutes and 37,5 seconds duration)
The Gate of Love: 50% speed and strength buff. ( 0 minutes and 50 seconds duration)
The Gate of Creativity: 62,5% speed and strength buff. (1 minute and 2,5 seconds duration)
The Gate of Intuition: 75% speed and strength buff. (1 minute and 15 seconds duration)
The Gate of Understanding: 87,5 speed and strength buff. (1 minute and 27,5 seconds duration)
The Gate of Spirituality: 100% speed and strength buff. (1 minute and 40 seconds duration)

The speed depends on how much the developers want to add with each chakra gate opened.
After performing this Taijutsu, Kinjutsu you will be completely exhausted not being able to move anymore.
Meaning that you wont be dead but just not be able to move anymore your comrades will have to save you.

This is still different than the original chakra gates because you dont get the teleportation speed and you wont die.
You gets buffs instead.

This wont be overpowered because the maximum amount of time is 1 minute and 40 seconds.

To avoid copyright i renamed it plus the color stands for its glow around you when using this.
And again its not the same you cant perform Sekizō, Night guy or any other derived jutsu from it.

I dont see what could make Taijutsu that attractive without any kind of chakra gates clone jutsu ingame..
Thats why i am proposing this.

This is informative and actually a great idea :)
I support
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 10:06:24 »
Or teleportation speed.

Like this.

You gets buffs instead.

Thats why i am proposing this.

This is informative and actually a great idea :)
I support
Thanks for the support Leebz.

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 11:51:32 »
Or teleportation speed.

Like this.

You gets buffs instead.

I like this idea but why do the lower-tier gates have less time duration.
The first gates should be easier to open and last longer , because they don't have such large buffs.
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Batt

• Social Media Manager
  • Jiraiya Kage Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Batt has no influence.
  • O.O
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Inu
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 12:03:43 »
Im sure there will be someting similar to this implemented in the game.

All I can think about is how insanely hard it would be for my character to face a taijutsu master that can open all the gates.  :'(

In any case good idea Reminance @Reminance
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:05:34 by Batt »
  • Character Name: Nao Tsukegami

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 15:40:49 »
shouldn't these gates have some kind of Penalty?
 Like in the anime
SPOILERS!!!! ANIME SPOILERS!!!!!! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T CAUGHT UP TO NARUTO YET!!!!
Spoiler: show
Like Guy almost turning to ash after using his strongest jutsu while the Gate Of Death was opened?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 15:43:20 by Shivraj »
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 16:13:50 »
I like that buff tier system actually
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 16:26:30 »
@granit you are right it should be the other way around. (Time duration could always still be changed if it would get implemented)
@Shivraj The thing is it would be like in the original i didnt knew if that matters.
Thats why i just said that after opening the eighth gate you would have to get protected by your teammates and that you would need a lot of rest.
@Batt I heard Vreg saying that he wasnt implementing something like chakra gates. (Because of copyright)
Thats why i came up with this.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 16:28:49 by Reminance »

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 22:58:49 »
Support for Remi's ideas ^^
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 20:54:09 »
Support ^^

However, I don't think the time durations should go down OR up. IMO, it should start small, as you are very inexperienced, and then time peak around the 5th or 6th gate, and then rapidly decrease in duration, but rapidly increase in effect. Idk though, just an idea.

Offline Hiashi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Hiashi has no influence.
    • View Profile

• Organization: Rōguhantā

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 13:45:12 »
Or teleportation speed.

Like this.

You gets buffs instead.

I like this idea but why do the lower-tier gates have less time duration.
The first gates should be easier to open and last longer , because they don't have such large buffs.
Agree
  • Character Name: Hiashi Himitsu

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 20:45:33 »
good idea but the time most be reversed like the first gate have  1 minute and 40 seconds and the last gate have 0 minutes and 12,5 seconds duration
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai