Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64456
Latest: Harryfunny
New This Month: 325
New This Week: 14
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 76598
Total Topics: 22143
Most Online Today: 1175
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1124
Total: 1138

Author Topic: Diseases/Plagues  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Kamashe

• Genin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kamashe has no influence.
  • Im Mars from now on
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
Diseases/Plagues
« on: March 22, 2016, 17:47:47 »
In many science fiction novels/films, a devastating and unknown plague rips across the galaxy, killing millions. I believe that this feature could be implemented into SLO. For instance the "X Plague" kills 1 population from a Village. Another disease could weaken people, making them unstable for battle.. I'm not sure how this could fit into the SLO.

• Character Name: Kuriha himitsu

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
Re: Diseases/Plagues
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 17:49:43 »
In many science fiction novels/films, a devastating and unknown plague rips across the galaxy, killing millions. I believe that this feature could be implemented into SLO. For instance the "X Plague" kills 1 population from a Village. Another disease could weaken people, making them unstable for battle.. I'm not sure how this could fit into the SLO.
It would aid in the realism thing SLO is going for.
But i wouldn't like to die in a perma death zone because i catched a disease.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Kamashe

• Genin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kamashe has no influence.
  • Im Mars from now on
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 17:50:39 »
It would aid in the realism thing SLO is going for.
But i wouldn't like to die in a perma death zone because i catched a disease.
[/quote]
Thatd be hilarious. And hey honey
  • Character Name: Kuriha himitsu

Offline ShadowSlayer

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 17:59:46 »
Huh... That would actually be a very nice feature , but the only problem is that I'm not sure how the developers would implement that in the game... And if an entire village is affected, it wouldn't be very nice for all the players to die like that, even if it's completly realistic.
  • Character Name: Setsuna
Clan: Sandāreisu clan

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 18:01:04 »
Huh... That would actually be a very nice feature , but the only problem is that I'm not sure how the developers would implement that in the game... And if an entire village is affected, it wouldn't be very nice for all the players to die like that, even if it's completly realistic.
Yes, i do agree it's a nice feature but i doubt people would want to die because of a disease/plague.

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 18:02:22 »
It could help kill of characters who end up becoming OP , I like it
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline ShadowSlayer

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 18:03:52 »
Maybe, but it would also kill the beginners, who didn't ask for anything and just wanted to have fun.

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 18:06:08 »
As realistic as it is.
I hope it does not get implemented.

Offline ShadowSlayer

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 18:08:14 »
Same opinion here

Offline DrSuhi

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 18:41:24 »
actually this is a brilliant idea. The disease or plague could be healed by a medical ninja. This would add to the necessity for a village to have medical ninja. The knowledge to heal a specific disease would have to be passed down, the same could be done for poisons. Also these diseases could just weaken your character in some way like lowering your stamina, causing dizziness, making your chakra less efficient. The cures for these would be sought after, and cause a lot of tension among villages.
  • Character Name: Satoru Nii

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 18:57:19 »
actually this is a brilliant idea. The disease or plague could be healed by a medical ninja. This would add to the necessity for a village to have medical ninja. The knowledge to heal a specific disease would have to be passed down, the same could be done for poisons. Also these diseases could just weaken your character in some way like lowering your stamina, causing dizziness, making your chakra less efficient. The cures for these would be sought after, and cause a lot of tension among villages.

That's a valid point, it could cause villages to buy antidotes, fight for cures and e.t.c and obviously this things would be hard to get as you'll obviously have to attract it in a perma-death zone and in terms of noobs being killed of by it I don't see it happening as it would be down right stupid for a genin to spend most of his time in a perma death zone let alone pass through it.
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 23:27:42 »

To implement it into the PvE world: Make it a random event that can show up in any village once every...few months, say 4-5. As our good friend here has said, make sure that it can only 'weaken' players. A temporary decrease across certain stats--depending on the disease--would affect different types of fights; again, depending on the disease. So--ex common slang for a medical term I'm not creative enough to come up with--"Bone-Eater" could be a disease that affects the strength of bones, decreasing stats points in strength and stamina, which would obviously hurt Taijutsu users the most -- and the accompanying animation effects could be slowing down your character's movement ability, perhaps (in severe cases) to almost nil.

Another could be a disease that weakens the flow of chakra by clogging up certain points of one's chakra flow, making the execution of jutsu 'Significantly' weaker and--again, in severe cases--causing minor damage to the player every time they attempt a jutsu.

In order to implement this into PvP...just make diseases able to be spread by being in contact--talking a maximum of 5 meters here, so it doesn't affect EVERYONE--with a contagious subject for...say -- 3 minutes, perhaps less depending on the average rate of combat. Having a max range of contagion would allow players to still talk too each other, just not get very close; with pretty much the same thing translating over to foes in combat. A disease spread around to enough villages could 'then' be classified--By The Players--as a 'plague' or an 'epidemic'.

Even though it might not cause death, it can definitely impact your character's ability to function, and having enough of a variety can make curing certain ones within certain villages...tricky, perhaps leading to temporary village cooperation. And of course, reinforcing the need for medical nin in EVERY village.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .