Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65217
Latest: WillF98
New This Month: 738
New This Week: 190
New Today: 59
Stats
Total Posts: 79482
Total Topics: 23809
Most Online Today: 1211
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 752
Total: 764
Ismaelted
WillF98
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (8)

Author Topic: Tailed beast-like entities as zone sweepers  (Read 12859 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Tailed beast-like entities as zone sweepers
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 18:28:05 »
I feel the chakra beast should like guard some area outside the village? Like some treasure or something. Nothing too big but useful to everyone. So like the person who went and killed it WILL be loved by everyone. It could be some item that supports the village until the beast is respawned
Vreg has already said that they'll randomly spawn.
Maybe it will end up guarding some area outside the village though that would just be luck that the NPC happened to walk and stay there.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 05:57:03 »
Personally, don't see the point of the beasts spawning in front of the villages, for a few reasons:

It'd hinder the players inside the villages the most, what with having to fight it every week just to pass through their gates and, say, go out to trade/interact with other villages? Plus, the enemy shinobi could just plan that beast INTO their strategy, allowing them to attack during the chaos and confusion of this (rather annoying) spawn.

The hero effect makes no sense, in my opinion. Sure, after the first time you might get something like that, but after the 30th time, this would just get annoying.

Overall, it's just better to have it be a random map spawn, not a village hindrance. If anything, these random spawns SHOULD BE the ONE type of time that rival villages need to team up to take such a monster down, otherwise it'll just roam around destroying everything. Even in WoW, I don't think they had those zone clearers spawn right at the player entry zones for each map.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 11:44:06 »
Personally, don't see the point of the beasts spawning in front of the villages, for a few reasons:

It'd hinder the players inside the villages the most, what with having to fight it every week just to pass through their gates and, say, go out to trade/interact with other villages? Plus, the enemy shinobi could just plan that beast INTO their strategy, allowing them to attack during the chaos and confusion of this (rather annoying) spawn.

The hero effect makes no sense, in my opinion. Sure, after the first time you might get something like that, but after the 30th time, this would just get annoying.

Overall, it's just better to have it be a random map spawn, not a village hindrance. If anything, these random spawns SHOULD BE the ONE type of time that rival villages need to team up to take such a monster down, otherwise it'll just roam around destroying everything. Even in WoW, I don't think they had those zone clearers spawn right at the player entry zones for each map.
The plan was for these chakra beasts to spawn in both distant perma-death zones and in the safe zones which are closer to villages.

The ones that spawn in the safe zones would have to be taken care of asap mainly by the most nearby village but other villages are free to assist, these beasts would be an inconvenience as they are basically sweeping anything and everything in the perimeter they are present.

The ones that spawn in perma-death zones are more of an optional challenge to strong/experienced players where people can gather in groups and head out to those dangerous locations to unite against the beasts. All while having to deal with the tension of any other groups present because of the permanent death that is possible.

Going to any perma-death zones that have player activity should always be done in group. 2 reasons: First and foremost you won't get targeted by other players/groups as easily. Second, if something happened to you and you ended up getting defeated or lost your connection (which makes your character pass out in perma-death zones), your fellow comrades would be able to drag your body to safety.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 06:48:32 »

The plan was for these chakra beasts to spawn in both distant perma-death zones and in the safe zones which are closer to villages.

The ones that spawn in the safe zones would have to be taken care of asap mainly by the most nearby village but other villages are free to assist, these beasts would be an inconvenience as they are basically sweeping anything and everything in the perimeter they are present.

The ones that spawn in perma-death zones are more of an optional challenge to strong/experienced players where people can gather in groups and head out to those dangerous locations to unite against the beasts. All while having to deal with the tension of any other groups present because of the permanent death that is possible.

Going to any perma-death zones that have player activity should always be done in group. 2 reasons: First and foremost you won't get targeted by other players/groups as easily. Second, if something happened to you and you ended up getting defeated or lost your connection (which makes your character pass out in perma-death zones), your fellow comrades would be able to drag your body to safety.
just what i said, but noooooo, nobody listens

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 08:44:32 »
You won't die unless your comrade drags your body away, AND it's a NPC. If you're fighting against, let's say, me in a Perma death zone, I defeatYou kill you then move on to your comrade, you can't be saved now.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 10:32:45 »

The idea makes a lot of sense, though it shouldn't happen very often
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 17:06:48 »

The idea makes a lot of sense, though it shouldn't happen very often
Yeah it wouldn't happen often.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline niccosan

• Genin Poster
  • niccosan has no influence.
  • Trust Your Friend, Do Your Best, Never Giveup
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kiirioissen
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 08:50:37 »
I would like see if this game will add " Tailed Beasts ", i didn't mean to copy from Naruto but Tailed Beast is a legend from Japan, if we add that Tailed Beast it will cool, i mean 9 Strongest village will have it's own tailed beast with it's jinchuuriki, the village that have Tailed east when first this game launched, the village should seal the tailed beast into the player that choosed as Jinchuuriki or admin or something this will happen to wevery village :)
  • Character Name: Kiiroissen Niccosan
Kiirioissen

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
  • Brakelvierr has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 09:07:46 »
I would like see if this game will add " Tailed Beasts ", i didn't mean to copy from Naruto but Tailed Beast is a legend from Japan, if we add that Tailed Beast it will cool, i mean 9 Strongest village will have it's own tailed beast with it's jinchuuriki, the village that have Tailed east when first this game launched, the village should seal the tailed beast into the player that choosed as Jinchuuriki or admin or something this will happen to wevery village :)
The game isn't going to have jinchuuriki, to my understanding at least
  • Character Name: Funso Mokushiroku
This Jutsu was passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Offline niccosan

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 13:28:56 »
But, will this game have Tailed Beasts ?
Kiirioissen

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 13:45:21 »

No.
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 17:32:59 »

They can't, as that would be copyright.

Offline niccosan

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 03:32:17 »
Hmm, you guys right, i'm agree with that, hmm maybe i'll try to contact someone for that problem to join this game too :) , I'll try to do my best.
Kiirioissen

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 10:40:57 »
Hmm, you guys right, i'm agree with that, hmm maybe i'll try to contact someone for that problem to join this game too :) , I'll try to do my best.

Contact who?

Offline niccosan

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2015, 12:08:03 »
Well, maybe it will be secret LOL :)
I'll you guys later if he reply me or yeah more or something, i can't explain it now :)
Kiirioissen