Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

Author Topic: Leveling System and Test - Genin, Chunnin, and Jonin  (Read 6092 times)

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • jawillia1987 has no influence.
  • Kuroi Clan Recruiting Agent/Leader
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kuroi Clan
Leveling System and Test - Genin, Chunnin, and Jonin
« on: July 08, 2015, 17:58:52 »
Didn't see this topic, sorry if it has already been posted.

I thought that like the anime, there should be test to make it to each of the separate classifications.
Originally, everyone starts as an academy student. As an academy student you decide where you want your stats to be focused - taijutsu, ninjutsu, genjutsu, intelligence, might, chakra, health, etc.

In order to become the following:

Genin (Users can take this test any time) - 1. Be an academy student, 2. Pass two of four test - a. Release genjutsu (Base genjustu of 1), b. Perform basic clone jutsu (Base ninjutsu of 1), c. defeat easy instructor in hand-to-hand combat (Base taijutsu of 1), or d. written exam where user answers questions on base jutsu and other knowledge

Chunnin (User can take this test twice a month, but they are set to like the first and 15th of the month, must be chunnin level) - 1. Written Test - Ibiki's test - a. all members of the team must get the ten answers without being catch five times b. certain kekkai genkai allow an edge for example byakugan for one member allow you to see answers but u may need someone to have a puppet jutsu or mind transfer to get the answers to other members, or members with high intelligence can pass by themselves 2. Survival Test - Must fight other teams to get the two scrolls and bring to a certain location within a time limit, no one knows what scrolls each team has 3. Solo battle - randomly selected battles between users, winners become chunnin

Jounin (Can be applied for once per month, must be chunnin level) - 1. The requirements change every month; one month user must have completed 50 missions, another month user must have a genjutsu skill of 25, or maybe have two chakra natures for example, and could be a combination of many different requirements

Kage (can be applied for once per month, must be jounin level) - 1. Must have been a clan, faction, or department (i.e. hospital, research and development, security, etc.) leader for at least a month 2. Must have completed a certain set of S-rank missions 3. Must defeat other applicants 4. Must defeat current kage in a battle

• Character Name: Jarui Uzumaki

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
Re: Leveling System and Test - Genin, Chunnin, and Jonin
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 18:53:25 »
I'm sorry but i dont see how you can be caught cheating on a test on a game? If it's going to be a test it should just be a test and an easy-medium one at that.

For the Kage thats, just no sorry, i don't see why you need to defeat the previous Kage/applicants and on top of that complete various S-rank missions and become the leader of something else for a month v_V.

The genin test should just be a basic tutorial on how to play the game honestly.

This isn't a hate reply, im just stating that some of this is a bit off >_>
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 19:25:28 »
There are options for example the chunnin exam was timed, user would have to figure out how to get the answers to each of their members within the allotted time. Options could be to use a jutsu to either get or give an answer, look at a neighbors test for an answer (some neighbors could allow people to view if not you get caught for one); the test questions should be almost impossible to answer correctly by oneself.

For the kage, I thought there was only suppose to be one per village - this keeps it so the current Kage is not forced into battling more than one applicant in a certain period of time for their title. Also applicants should be qualified for the position.

The genin test I agree is a basic tutorial, I'm suggesting certain aspects like releasing genjutsu or what ever the basic genjutsu skill is be shown there, then the user tries; if the user decided not to put any stats in genjutsu they would fail that portion; however if they wanted a Taijutsu only character, they could pass taijutsu and questions portion of the test. The questions of this test should be down right easy.

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 19:35:20 »
If the tests were near enough impossible to be answered correctly, then how would anyone get the answer and then proceed to copy that "correct" answer?

The kage is only going to be 1 per village and the usual reign is 1 month unless they're really inactive or something like that i believe.(don't take my word on the inactive part)

For the genin test, i disagree, you shouldn't have to pass by putting your skill points into tai/nin/gen etc. (not sure if skill points are going to be even in the game), it should just be a basic tutorial on how to walk,run,jump from tree to tree, throw kunai etc. no written test either, there would be no point.

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 20:02:03 »
The point of the chunnin exam test is to cheat effectively. You don't get caught for using certain jutsu (i.e. sharigan, byakugan) however only one member gets the correct information, you still have two others to worry about (remember all three need the answers by the end of the time limit). Shadow possession allows a team member to mimic the answers of another member who has the answers. Mind transfer jutsu essentially reads others minds and controls their body. Puppet mastery allows you to send ten answers from one member to another however the user of puppet mastery gets caught cheating once for each time they use it. There would be one team planted in the room (this team has the correct answers as they are part of the test).

I agree with what you are saying on the kage part, but how are you selecting the next kage? I believe there should be an inactive forced resigning time period

Genin exam is to make the user actually feel like they are part of this world. And with no stats how are users customizing their character?

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 20:18:18 »
The point of the chuunin exam test isn't to cheat effectively, if you look at the 2nd chuunin exam you can see they were allowed to talk and move about at free will with no prospectors watching them.

You select the next Kage by a village vote.

The character can customize has character before he even gets into the game i beleive, you have to train you're tai/nin/gen the way you want, so the more time you put into nin the better at ninjutsu you will be.

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 20:40:46 »
That is why in my first post I put "Ibiki's test" as in the first exam and the point of that one was to gather information, there could be more than one written exam. You could make a suggestion for how another written exam would translate to the game.

A vote is one way of getting to Kage; but does everyone vote? If I'm new to the game how do I know who to vote for. At this point is voting a popularity contest? And in some aspect maybe it should.

Yeah, I knew stats would be put in and you train to get better, but what I'm getting at is gameplay. Is it that you move left, right, jump, and throw a kunai involve the user to really believe they are this shinobi. Or would the added learn to release genjutsu or simple ninjutsu to pass the academy test get you there? This test again is not to put pressure on the user from the gate, it does two things. 1. Teach controls, movement is important, but also what are my basic fighting skills. 2. The user becomes more and more like this character they created. If they wanted to create Lee for example they through all the stats into taijutsu, so they can pass the knowledge test as well to get through. This overall genin exam is easy, you only would need to pass two out of four test. Also this does give the user a preliminary look at what kind of character they created, before they get too deep into the game and decide they wish they would have put one skill to genjitsu, ninjutsu, taijutsu, etc.

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 20:52:55 »
if you can explain to me how it's possible to cheat and then not get caught on a test on an online game like this i'd be happy to hear, it honestly doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm honestly not sure how the voting would work, i think a resume of that persons profile should pop up telling you what they've done, rank, etc. which you can scroll through and look at the different applicants.

I see where you're coming from but some people just cannot handle this, they don't know how to play on the test and it doesn't occur to them to look at the chat box and type /controls so when they go onto the full game they would probably quit before they even knew how to play, training would have be entirely up to you and how you do that should be on your on accord, i do think though that you should be required to dodge 3 sets of jutsu thrown at you, and then 3 three sets back (like 3 fireball jutsu's) at a log or target then basic kicks and punches along with how to play, problem is, if i died i'd hate to constantly keep repeating the genin "tutorial".

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 21:45:17 by limits »

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 20:58:18 »
If someone is popular they probably know how to make friends with people. If that is the case, having a leader that everyone likes wouldn't be a bad thing. They could prevent wars by being friends with other villages.
Also, if someone is smart enough to be a kage; people should know about their intelligence. Some may say "the smartest might keep to themselves and not demonstrate their ability" but a kage is a public figure that should be happy to be known. If they are not known already the village might be looked down upon for having a weak kage.

All in all, it probably will be a popularity contest. But ask yourself, how does one gain popularity?
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 21:09:17 »
Not disagreeing with that; I did say maybe it show be. I can see this being important if a village maybe gets certain awards if it is running well. And if I'm part of a village, I would like some say in who stands at the top.

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 21:22:12 »
Dude, before making posts, get some basic info
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 21:35:02 »
Useful, Straw, Useful... Do you actually have anything to add?

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 22:01:33 »
Chunin exams should be once a week so people don't get restless. What if you want to be a taijutsu user, so jutsu shouldn't be part of a tutorial, unless they only teach you about hand signs. The kage thing you said is whack, as how will the first kage be chosen. All of this has been discussed before. You've just gotta look
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 23:50:08 »
I actually like his ideas and think they're pretty original. Don't think many of them had been mentioned, and even if they had he was just giving his opinion on it.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 09:36:49 »
I don't really agree, but that's just my opinion, I may be in the minority.
  • Character Name: Dawg