Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 44642
Latest: BORUTONARUTO
New This Month: 104
New This Week: 12
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 55522
Total Topics: 3282
Most Online Today: 226
Most Online Ever: 1192
(November 06, 2018, 07:35:41)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 165
Total: 171
jinchuuriki duda
Google (AdSense)
Google (3)
Baidu

Poll

do you agree with this kind of system for trainable stats

yes
0 (0%)
needs work
0 (0%)
not sure
0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 31, 2016, 05:29:44

Author Topic: chakra control system (STATS)  (Read 18987 times)

Offline NinjaEvolution

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • NinjaEvolution has no influence.
  • Balance is weakness.
    • View Profile
Re: chakra control system (STATS)
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2018, 04:56:25 »
-
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 09:14:52 by NinjaEvolution »
  • Character Name: Itachi

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • Sjones has no influence.
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Honō Clan

« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2018, 07:57:42 »
But apparently not when it comes to chakra and stamina development!! I’m actually angry at myself for believing in this game!

What makes you say that?

This is a copy from the game discription on the forum home page!!

Our goal is to create a world without limitations or restrictions. A world that allows you, as a player, to live the daily life of a shinobi - one created and deeply customized by you. A shinobi forged into a reflection of yourself as you live your life in the Shinobi Life Online world. An open world so immersive that you experience it as living another life instead of playing a game.

Every feature of Shinobi Life Online aims to create and simulate a realistic virtual shinobi world. Villages, economies, political systems, war mechanics, survival mechanics and advanced jutsu mechanics are some of the basic requirements of this. Even virtual recreation (e.g. a bathing house), a housing system and a marriage system will be incorporated in order to make the Shinobi Life Online experience feel more life-like. In order to visually accompany the experience we will be using the latest of rendering techniques to bring you the best possible 3D graphics, coupled with extensive graphical settings for those that have weaker systems.

However instead of a real and accurate chakra and stamina system we get this comment from vreg!!

Thank you for the insights @cmsurfer, appreciate the effort :)

I've been thinking about what system we should go with for energy and I'm not sure whether following Naruto is the right path here. Separating physical and spiritual energies seems like a good idea but then chakra becomes kind of redundant, nothing but a formality basically. If a jutsu requires 200 chakra what it really requires is 100 spiritual and 100 physical energy. So I was thinking maybe it's a better idea to scrap spiritual and physical energies altogether and simply talk about stamina and chakra as completely separate entities.

Essentially ninjutsu would require mostly chakra, but it would also require some stamina, in contrast taijutsu would require mostly stamina but a form of enhanced taijutsu could require some chakra as well. Things like Genjutsu could be completely exempt from stamina and only require chakra.

This is a more clear system with less confusion and I have a feeling that the Naruto system would unnecessarily overcomplicate things.

What do you guys think, what I just suggested or would you prefer the actual Naruto system?

This shows a complete lack of understanding of not just what chakra and stamina are but how there used?
And is so basic and generic that it will  completely fail to live up to the realistic vertical life of a ninja we were promised!! This post may get me banned but I almost don’t care anymore!!

I agree with you on how chakra should work, it isn't complicated to understand because all the information is there for understanding.

"Chakra is created when two other forms of energy, known collectively as one's "stamina", are moulded together."

"At any given time, a ninja will have a "maximum" amount of chakra that they can form and use before it runs out and they need to rest to replenish it. With practice this maximum can be increased, but to a certain extent as they are limited to the quantity and strength of chakra that their genetics grants them."

• Character Name: Akai hono

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2018, 14:13:19 »
The complications is not in the understanding of the system but in the programming of it!!Its why this thread is every technical and is very specific as to how everything should work!!  To make It as simple and effective as set up in this system it will require a lot of code to make it work right with out bugs and it would need to be done by someone who fully understands the system and ideas behind it!! And I know that is time and energy that vreg just cannot commit to this project!! And we don’t have the financial backing to put in to it! And we can’t get it ether with the lack of progress in the world assets and maps we currently have, and the fact that it takes more then a year to update the game!
Any investor would look at the time table for the game so far and say it’s to high risk to invest in! The idea is brilliant and the forum is making money in adds so if vreg is not willing to go Invest his time why would anyone else invest there money?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 20:09:05 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaEvolution

• Academy Student Poster
  • NinjaEvolution has no influence.
  • Balance is weakness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2018, 15:15:55 »
The complications is not in the understanding of the system but in the programming of it!! To make It as simple and effective as set up in this system it will require a lot of code to make it work right with out bugs and it would need to be done by someone who fully understands the system and ideas behind it!! And I know that is time and energy that vreg just cannot commit to this project!! And we don’t have the financial backing to put in to it! And we can’t get it ether with the lack of progress in the world assets and maps we currently have, and the fact that it takes more then a year to update the game!
Any investor would look at the time table for the game so far and say it’s to high risk to invest in! The idea is brilliant and the forum is making money in adds so if vreg is not willing to go Invest his time why would anyone else invest there money?

%100
  • Character Name: Itachi

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2018, 21:15:48 »
But even though it’s a lot of work to do a real system you can’t just Have a chakra and stamina bar that grows a little and replenishes at a fixed rate or slightly faster as you train, and role play everything else!! It won’t work it will not only end up unbalanced because we’re promised no restrictions or limitations on what we can learn, but it will end up being unrealistic to the point of tha kaguya arc of naruto shapudden!! And I think we can all agree that was a bad idea!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 21:18:01 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2018, 21:26:00 »

This is what i imagin a character sheet to look like for this system

This is alittle diffrent because it is actualy the Pen and Paper RPG im writeing because this game is taking so long. but i pulled almost everything form what i have in this thread.

it will actuly use a combination of dice rolls and card play for combat
card consept looks like this.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 21:34:22 by NinjaMirage »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2018, 12:57:15 »
So I have thought of another good reason to have the game track your energy consumption for both spiritual and physical energy’s.
Remember the genjutsu Sasuke used on Donzo?
He tricked tango in to thinking he had more eyes then he did.
Chakra and Stamina are going to play a huge part in combat and knowing your characters consumption rate for the jutsu you use will be important.
However if you can cast a genjutsu to lock the visable chakra and stamina amounts you see But not stop the energy consumption!
Do a player may know he can use chidori 5 Times before he is out of chakra but if he sees his bar still has enough for 1 more he might try for it if he wasn’t keeping count and then you got him.
But this means the game must keep accurate count of chakra and character growth!!

Recent Topics

Varden Solaire by Spacewalrus
Yesterday at 10:41:06

Taijutsu styles by Leebz
December 06, 2018, 13:10:09

My Character by Leebz
December 06, 2018, 13:03:22

Migi Kaminagi by Leebz
December 06, 2018, 12:46:23

The Battle of Yoake Hill - Chapter 5 by adithya
December 04, 2018, 15:57:55

Yoru by RyRy