Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64466
Latest: valtrex india
New This Month: 335
New This Week: 11
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76797
Total Topics: 22336
Most Online Today: 1164
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1062
Total: 1074

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Thorpe

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Thorpe has no influence.
  • Enforcer of peace through pain
    • View Profile
Questions
« on: February 06, 2014, 16:15:30 »
Hello Thorpe again  ;D, my first question is will we be able to communicate with other players via mic?

Offline Mariusik

• Chunin Poster
  • Mariusik has no influence.
  • I'm not afraid by an army of lions rulled by a cat
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 16:27:05 »
Lol.
  • Character Name: RomanashuLeRoux

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 16:41:15 »
Chances are, no. That's a lot of extra resources that could be better spent, plus it would put a lot of unnecessary strain on servers. Especially considering youre not going to be talking to everyone all the time. Most likely you'll only need to speak with the people you deal with directly like your party or clan. With that being said, theres free resources like TeamSpeak that you all can use and accomplish the same effect and save Shinobi Life Online a bunch of time, lag, and money.

Offline Utunama

• Xendrus' Bitch
  • Chunin Poster
  • Utunama has no influence.
  • Second King Spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 16:55:36 »
With that being said, theres free resources like TeamSpeak that you all can use and accomplish the same effect and save Shinobi Life Online a bunch of time, lag, and money.
  • Character Name: Utunama

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 17:21:35 »
Chances are, no. That's a lot of extra resources that could be better spent, plus it would put a lot of unnecessary strain on servers. Especially considering youre not going to be talking to everyone all the time. Most likely you'll only need to speak with the people you deal with directly like your party or clan. With that being said, theres free resources like TeamSpeak that you all can use and accomplish the same effect and save Shinobi Life Online a bunch of time, lag, and money.
It's Shinobi Life Online ;)

And whether you're using a TeamSpeak server or something that is built-into Shinobi Life Online, it'll use up the same resources. The only difference for built-in would be me having to develop it and it being a lot more practical than something like TS.

I actually had planned to introduce it at some point, but initially it's not going to be there.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Utunama

• Xendrus' Bitch
  • Chunin Poster
  • Utunama has no influence.
  • Second King Spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 17:23:21 »
Even so we can use Skype/ TS 3 if we are like 3 ninjas and we wan't to ambush somebody or something like that so Vreg doesn't really has to develop a similar program for Shinobi Life Online but it's his choice.
  • Character Name: Utunama

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 17:27:55 »
If you plan on including it for the entire game i hope it'd be more practical than Team speak because at this point would "zones" come into play? I wouldnt want to log into a game and hear every person in every village talking all at the same time. Now you'd be talking about how close you should be to a target in order to hear their conversation, fading the loudness of their mic, or even making a skill that could increase someones "zone" of perception if they increase the skill and theyre sneaky enough. Doesnt that stuff take extra time and money to develop?

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 17:46:42 »
Even so we can use Skype/ TS 3 if we are like 3 ninjas and we wan't to ambush somebody or something like that so Vreg doesn't really has to develop a similar program for Shinobi Life Online but it's his choice.
Yeah but you wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone else without typing.

If you plan on including it for the entire game i hope it'd be more practical than Team speak because at this point would "zones" come into play? I wouldnt want to log into a game and hear every person in every village talking all at the same time. Now you'd be talking about how close you should be to a target in order to hear their conversation, fading the loudness of their mic, or even making a skill that could increase someones "zone" of perception if they increase the skill and theyre sneaky enough. Doesnt that stuff take extra time and money to develop?
Anyone could speak using a special button, but you'd have to be in range to hear them. The sounds will be played in 3D at the head position of the one talking. Don't worry about hearing other people, because unless you're not standing next to them, you won't hear them. They could be screaming however, and that should in theory be heard from a distance.

EDIT: And yes, developing this would require time and resources, but that's the same with just about anything.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 17:49:38 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu