Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64400
Latest: Pedroagips
New This Month: 269
New This Week: 30
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 75802
Total Topics: 21605
Most Online Today: 1076
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1061
Total: 1074
titlesuitsai
Kyliebob
EdithSoure
Pedroagips
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (6)
Baidu

Author Topic: Some Clan Questions  (Read 18682 times)

Offline Chickenllamacactus

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Chickenllamacactus has no influence.
  • Mhmmmmmmmmm
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Rōguhantā        
Some Clan Questions
« on: January 13, 2015, 03:53:10 »
I have a few questions regarding the clan system
1. I would like to know if there are plans to implement clan emblems and colours. If so then I would also like to know what we would be able to do with them, like putting them on flags or clothing.
2. Will there be meeting places/homes for clans? Would we be able to have one actually in the village or would it just teleport you to a secluded area and give you a house? Would this be a member feature or not as I'm pretty sure that houses are an expected member feature. My one suggestion for houses would be to resemble gta 5 in which the apartments are all in the town/city but multiple people can live in the same apartment without living together. If that makes sense...

I'm really excited for this game and (if you can't tell by my posts) especially the clan system. You guys are doing an amazing job!

• Character Name: Chickenllamacactus

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Some Clan Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:01:21 »
1. Yes, there will be a customizable emblem system.
2. Yes, I'm pretty sure there will be houses you can live in with your clan, and I'm pretty sure they'll be all yours. I'm not 100% on this one so don't quote me on it.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline rreid32

• Academy Student Poster
  • rreid32 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 08:25:58 »
I think that making the SLO housing system resemble the GTA housing system is a great Idea.

• Character Name: Ahiru Saboten

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 12:30:30 »
The GTA housing system sucks ass. xD
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 14:06:45 »
Vreg is making a housing system only for premium members. While this saddens me, as well as making me become a premium member, I think "Vreg isn't stupid." In this I find comfort in knowing that Vreg won't go with the GTA housing cause it's shit.

Amen.

P.S- I dunnu if there will be a separate housing system for clans/orgs. I think there should. Could make hidden, empty caves purchasable for a fair amount and stuff like that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 14:09:26 by Xendrus... »
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 17:01:45 »
Vreg is making a housing system only for premium members. While this saddens me, as well as making me become a premium member, I think "Vreg isn't stupid." In this I find comfort in knowing that Vreg won't go with the GTA housing cause it's shit.

Amen.

P.S- I dunnu if there will be a separate housing system for clans/orgs. I think there should. Could make hidden, empty caves purchasable for a fair amount and stuff like that.
The last GTA I've played seriously was San Andreas, which had very basic housing. I don't know how GTA does their shit nowadays regarding housing. While housing has been planned for SLO and its premium members, SLO's housing mechanics haven't been planned out yet, so feel free to leave suggestions regarding it.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 18:48:27 »
Well apartment housing system doesnt sounds bad at all, but for clans and organizations, i think there is an old post somewhere, Vreg said that the clans are going to have separate places outside of the village i think. But to not have to modify the map, it may be a good idea to have portals or scrolls that transports you to a hidden area owned by your org, and maybe a big apartment for your clan. But i say in order to do so you have to reach an specific "score", number of members or something like that, and a pretty large amount of ingame money.

But for personal housing, i think it should be a lot harder or expensive.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 19:29:22 »
My opinion:

For personal homes - Apartments will be sold within the villages, maybe like GTA housing but inside the house you can decorate and place furniture where you want. (rather than having the same place as everyone else)
If you're part of a clan and it has purchased some land within the village you can have a home inside it's walls (Like the Uchiha estate)

Clan HQ - A building for meetings and clan gatherings, however, will be unique. This could be purchasable in game via auction or by being sold by the Kage of the village. Once sold these clan HQ buildings won't be owned by anyone else and are unique to your clan. This prevents gatherings around 1 or 2 houses that are shared amongst many clans and also gives the game more realism.

Organisation hideouts - I was thinking these places can be places that are hidden around the map and taken upon by clans. There will be no officiality of it or anything but it will rather be like with Minecraft faction servers where people find a cave or something to make as their base. (I know some people in Minecraft created buildings instead of going into caves but this is just an example of my idea) This way if the Org hideout is discovered by Shinobi the Org can choose to relocate with ease instead of wasting so much money on a hideout that is purchased. Otherwise everyone will soon have word that a certain org lives in that spot and it will be targetted. No one said a rouge life was easy after all, you must be willing to relocate if you are to be discovered.

That is my opinion on the whole concept of living in SLO anyway :)

Offline Chickenllamacactus

• Academy Student Poster
  • Chickenllamacactus has no influence.
  • Mhmmmmmmmmm
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Rōguhantā        
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 14:51:06 »
My opinion:

For personal homes - Apartments will be sold within the villages, maybe like GTA housing but inside the house you can decorate and place furniture where you want. (rather than having the same place as everyone else)
If you're part of a clan and it has purchased some land within the village you can have a home inside it's walls (Like the Uchiha estate)

Clan HQ - A building for meetings and clan gatherings, however, will be unique. This could be purchasable in game via auction or by being sold by the Kage of the village. Once sold these clan HQ buildings won't be owned by anyone else and are unique to your clan. This prevents gatherings around 1 or 2 houses that are shared amongst many clans and also gives the game more realism.

Organisation hideouts - I was thinking these places can be places that are hidden around the map and taken upon by clans. There will be no officiality of it or anything but it will rather be like with Minecraft faction servers where people find a cave or something to make as their base. (I know some people in Minecraft created buildings instead of going into caves but this is just an example of my idea) This way if the Org hideout is discovered by Shinobi the Org can choose to relocate with ease instead of wasting so much money on a hideout that is purchased. Otherwise everyone will soon have word that a certain org lives in that spot and it will be targetted. No one said a rouge life was easy after all, you must be willing to relocate if you are to be discovered.

I really like those ideas  :D
  • Character Name: Chickenllamacactus

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 17:08:39 »
My opinion:

[I'm gonna take ideas from another MMORPG]

I say that inside personal housing you could buy a chest (furniture), where you can storage items from your inventory. Something like a bank, none can enter there, and open the chest (if you wanna make it a possibility). Also, since i don't really think that personal housing should be easy to get, i say that when you do, this personal house have some kind of ability. A button is a added to the interface, where you can be instantly transported to your house to dump what you want in the "chest", and then return to where you were. This doesn't sound realistic at all, so it might not be such a great idea.

@Leebz great ideas by the way :)
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 17:35:59 »
My opinion:

[I'm gonna take ideas from another MMORPG]

I say that inside personal housing you could buy a chest (furniture), where you can storage items from your inventory. Something like a bank, none can enter there, and open the chest (if you wanna make it a possibility). Also, since i don't really think that personal housing should be easy to get, i say that when you do, this personal house have some kind of ability. A button is a added to the interface, where you can be instantly transported to your house to dump what you want in the "chest", and then return to where you were. This doesn't sound realistic at all, so it might not be such a great idea.

@Leebz great ideas by the way :)

I don't see this as a good idea. There are too many bad points up there.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 18:43:18 »
My opinion:

I like all the ideas apart from the GTA Housing, I just feel that wouldn't really fit on a game like this

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 23:18:42 »
My opinion:

I like all the ideas apart from the GTA Housing, I just feel that wouldn't really fit on a game like this

I only say GTA like housing for PERSONAL housing because when the game gets, let's say 2 million players, that's a lot of personal houses needed even with the amount of villages in the game. Whereas clan buildings won't be such an issue and can be unique to the however many so players within that clan. Realism is obviously something needed nd I am in no way saying something exact to the GTA housing but only the idea of the buildings for the house holding many players, inside is customizable. This still sticks to realism if the building is a block of flats

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 23:38:27 »
I only say GTA like housing for PERSONAL housing because when the game gets, let's say 2 million players, that's a lot of personal houses needed even with the amount of villages in the game. Whereas clan buildings won't be such an issue and can be unique to the however many so players within that clan. Realism is obviously something needed and I am in no way saying something exact to the GTA housing but only the idea of the buildings for the house holding many players, inside is customizable. This still sticks to realism if the building is a block of flats
Just thought this through and yeah, I agree with this now:)

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 23:51:26 »
Alright, here you go Vreg:

First and foremost, personal housing:

As Da Leeb has stated above, SLO will eventually fill up with a large amount of players, and the need for personal housing will grow with that. To combat this, personal houses will need to be in their own, unique instance. In doing so, each different house can be different dependent on the instance used. This will allow you to use something like tiers I suppose? For instance, if player A is more poor than player B and they can only afford say, an apartment of say tier 1 (We will address tiers in a second), then their personal housing instance/phase is that of an apartment.

Let's switch over to player B now. Player B purchases a full on house for a much larger amount, maybe because he has a family... Or is a pimping ass G with money to spare. Either way, he now has a house of say, tier 2 just for variety in tiers. Obviously, his house is larger than player A's apartment, and he has more freedom and space to edit said home. Cool.

Now that we've established their residents, it is time to talk about tiers. This one is simple yea, you have variations of a house/home someone can buy, obviously. These are whatever Vreg deems fit to have in the game, but the obvious ones will be apartments, houses, org. buildings, etc. Well, for these individual homes, they each have tiers. Tiers 1- whatever, the higher number being a better, larger, sexier version. For now, there are only 3 tiers, tier 3 being pretty large and open and sexy. Give the players access to edit how their homes look, and you can even lock tier 2 and 3 for premium members if you allow regular members to purchase homes.

Onto what the instances are. You can first break the instances down into how many variations of homes will be created, later breaking them down so that everyone has their -own- instance... In a sense. What this means is simple enough. For example, you have two players who have purchased an apartment in the same building. As soon as they get to the door leading to the stairs and choose to go to their room, they are moved to their "own" instance. They are somewhat in their own "realm" and can only be seen by other players who are on that very same "realm". This means that if you allow it, other players would be allowed into your home, transferring them into that phase/instance allowing you to see each other. This idea comes directly from World of Warcraft, and it's a great one for housing.

For everything else, housing wise:

By everything else, I mean just that. Clans, Rogue Orgs, Regular Orgs, etc. The same principles work for these other housing environments, and their large buildings. I think that there can be designated sections in villages, or right outside villages or whatever for clans where, when in a clan, walking beyond that point transfers you to a different phase and into your clans purchased land.

Regular/Rogue Orgs: I'm not sure where regular orgs would buy their base of operations, but the same principle applies for it all. As far as rogue orgs, I am thinking just have purchasable areas, like caves, spread across the SLO Word and add an instance trigger line. When you cross the line, you disappear to everyone outside the line as you're transferred into the instance for your base of operations.

I think that this will be the best system for housing, as well as add to the possibilities for editing. Yea. If there's anything unclear about my post I will gladly clarify.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...