Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 65915
Latest: Stevie8970
New This Month: 1436
New This Week: 242
New Today: 142
Stats
Total Posts: 80382
Total Topics: 24418
Most Online Today: 1443
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1191
Total: 1204

Author Topic: Ninja experience and other sugestion  (Read 10624 times)

Offline painatal72

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • painatal72 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Ninja experience and other sugestion
« on: August 29, 2015, 18:50:30 »
Hello, i have an cool idea.
In Naruto anime, i will give a example, every person knows that Kakashi is the copy ninja, and he has experience in battle, i think in SLO we could do the some, at the hokage room, we can see a list of all ninjas, we just need to search for username, and when we found the ninja, we can see how many battles won, lost, etc etc.

And the another sugestion is.
When we are at way, if kage wants, he cant send a top ninja, the kage can choose from the best ninja at the list of ninjas i said. and that ninja, receive a message to go to kage room and then the kage talk to ninja and ninja do the mission.

(sorry for my bad english, im portuguese)

• Character Name: Katashi

Offline Konohuro

Re: Ninja experience and other sugestion
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 18:56:40 »
Inevitable, the best shinobis will be known across the world with or without that list.

What you are talking about is the Bingo Book, that is present in anime and may be in this game too. In this note are listed the B-rank+ shinobi and a brief description about their skills.

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 03:54:54 »
Inevitable, the best shinobis will be known across the world with or without that list.

What you are talking about is the Bingo Book, that is present in anime and may be in this game too. In this note are listed the B-rank+ shinobi and a brief description about their skills.

Sure that isn't just for rogue ninja? I was under the assumption that it was only for those slated for death...

As for this system, you could set up a Village Shinobi Rank window--that could be accessed at any time by anyone--which showed the ninja currently affiliated with the village in terms of least to greatest ranking/in alphabetical order for each rank. By clicking on their picture or name on the list, you could bring up a quick secondary window--that closes along with the first if you click off of it--that states how long the character has lived, their rank, any possible title they may have, and how many of each mission rank they have completed. The same could be done for a Bingo Book, only that would be for rogue status shinobi ONLY.

Quick side note:
Windows that could be made--and accessed through one key, perhaps--could be:
Village Ranking: (To show the currently power levels of each village)
Shinobi Ranking: (Affiliated village members only...how would you know about others unless it was through speech/interaction with them anyway?)
Bingo Book: (For the rogues)
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 09:06:57 »
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Bingo_Book yes rouges and criminals only and yeah, probably a good idea to have a list of skilled shinobi
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 14:11:44 »
Maybe its just me but I feel like only the kage should have most this info... I wouldn't like any future rogue ninjas to be able to target others due to how long they've lived, their titles etc. Lol maybe I'm just being paranoid
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 21:55:04 »
Maybe its just me but I feel like only the kage should have most this info... I wouldn't like any future rogue ninjas to be able to target others due to how long they've lived, their titles etc. Lol maybe I'm just being paranoid
+Rep

What if you're a strong ninja but don't want to be known throughout the world?
If you got a Kekkei Genkai you wouldn't want everyone to know about it, only the kage and people you can trust.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 03:06:33 »
I was originally going to say it should just be something the Kage could access, but I felt like it would be a bit more fair to the rest of the village shinobi if you could look up at certain characters as, you know, village heroes, the guys who've lasted for so long and are generally known throughout the entire settlement. Granted, Rogue ninja COULD target shinobi with some power...but think about it. If they REALLY wanted to kill a powerful shinobi that bad...they'd go to any means to do it, restricting a simple list from basic shinobi wouldn't really level the playing field for them.

And on a side note...that list is only available for people AFFILIATED--aka living WITHIN--that village, so if a Rogue got access to some of the names...wouldn't that mean a special someone was selling info somehow o.O)?

Paranoia x2

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 07:31:27 »
@dragon6624 @Shivraj  as written in the Narutopedia linked by shivraj, no, not only rogues are going to be in there but also powerful shinobis from rival villages.

About the intel to be available to everyone: I don't see how this can affect someone or turn someone into a target. That book is supposed to show the names of the powerful ones and maybe that first part of the character BIO

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Hairstyle:
Facial hair:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Blood type:
Primary chakra nature:
Village:
Clan:

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 15:13:19 »
@Konohuro
@dragon6624 @Shivraj-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Village:
Clan:

The above are what assholes would target people by, imo, because "Haters gonna hate". Then again, as I mentioned before, only people within the village would have access to that knowledge, so you'd have to be buying it if you were a Rogue Douchinobi that was looking to gain some fame as a shinobi-slayer.

Also, thinking on it now, there would be very few of those anyway...because you'd have to be willing to risk your own character's life just to get someone else's, which Douchinobi aren't really brave enough to do...

...unless they have $100 on their parents' credit card.

Offline vipto

• The Lost Sennin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • vipto has no influence.
  • don't underestimate anyone, you might lose...
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 16:39:48 »
omg another portuguese ;_; im not alone anymore

Boas :D
  • Character Name: hishiro Nakai

Offline TheTexasPanther

• Academy Student Poster
  • TheTexasPanther has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 20:10:36 »
I think we should leave it up to the community as to who becomes well known. If that player deserves to be well known, then it will happen regardless. However I do like the idea of the Kage being able to see the stats and battle history of each ninja. However, I don't think anyone should be able to see all of the jutsu the ninja has. Why work to be so powerful if everyone has had time to learn how to counter it. That's not how the ninja world works.

I think you should be able to earn "title slots" Perhaps, after reaching certain milestones in the game, you can choose a prefix, suffix, and nickname for yourself.
Ex. Lvl 1 - Venitas/Lvl 50 - Venitas of the Sand/Lvl 100 - Lord Venitas of the Sand/Lvl 200 - Lord Venitas of the Sand (The big dick ninja)
  • Character Name: TheTexasPanther

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 20:58:09 »
Lvl 200 - Lord Venitas of the Sand (The big dick ninja)
As a black guy I need this at lvl 1, ninjas need to know what they're about to killed by :D
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Manuster

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 20:10:58 »
Erm...there hasn't really been a conclusion to this post.

@Nova
@Vreg
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 05:24:39 »
I think we should leave it up to the community as to who becomes well known. If that player deserves to be well known, then it will happen regardless. However I do like the idea of the Kage being able to see the stats and battle history of each ninja. However, I don't think anyone should be able to see all of the jutsu the ninja has. Why work to be so powerful if everyone has had time to learn how to counter it. That's not how the ninja world works.

I agree with texas here... the kage needs to know the abilities of the ninja under his command.I.E Village ninja and Rogue skills up until they became rogue. However this is as far as the info should automatically go. now maybe there could be an intelligence core that sole duty is to bring back info on jutsu that other village, and rogue ninja use. They could have a skill that lets them record the battles they survive and upload them to the library... so others could reference jutsu used by a certain player... this would give people in the village an idea of the battle strategies  used by that person. the records could be referenced by player name, eventually all that players jutsu will be viewed,but new jutsu there currently training would still be unknown. This seems the most realistic solution to me.

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 04:20:13 »
Why work to be so powerful if everyone has had time to learn how to counter it. That's not how the ninja world works.

True enough I suppose -- though there's still the possibility that people who survive duels with those shinobi will still be able to get a decent/good understanding of the strategies that fighter likes to use. It doesn't ever take more than 1-2 bouts with a person to fully understand how they play.

I agree with texas here... the kage needs to know the abilities of the ninja under his command.I.E Village ninja and Rogue skills up until they became rogue. However this is as far as the info should automatically go. now maybe there could be an intelligence core that sole duty is to bring back info on jutsu that other village, and rogue ninja use. They could have a skill that lets them record the battles they survive and upload them to the library... so others could reference jutsu used by a certain player... this would give people in the village an idea of the battle strategies  used by that person. the records could be referenced by player name, eventually all that players jutsu will be viewed,but new jutsu there currently training would still be unknown. This seems the most realistic solution to me.

While this 'does' seem kind of interesting, isn't it a bit hard to say whether or not the majority of players would 'survive' those fights? Theoretically speaking, in order to survive, you'd have to:

A. Escape (unlikely given how fast most fights go down in ANY PvP setting).
B. Capture the shinobi (this would be best to have a tracking-nin on hand, so you could just identify what jutsu the player uses without having to further engage them in combat...?).
C. Kill the shinobi (in which case that information is almost useless given the opponent is dead, especially in the case of rogues since they don't normally form wholly new clans and begin teaching the jutsu they've learned; the catalogued player with their used jutsu now merely takes up space).
D. Go green get lucky -- aka survive because the enemy was either merciful/stupid enough to allow you to live after the fight.

Not to mention the relatively small amount of shinobi that would take up the job of tracking-nin...

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
FrankJScott
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent